Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    ajadra wrote: »
    Wildling wrote: »
    Most people probably know this already, but I didn't know and found out that there are secret worlds you can visit that aren't on the map =P Forgotten Grotto, Sylvan Glade and now Sixam.
    I was so excited when I found out!

I'll have to look for these tonight at home :) awesome

Forgotton Grotto is in the very high end of the park in OS, you need level 10 handiness to open it and then loads of chance cards which answered correctly take you there.

Sylvan Glade is the tree next to the river, next to daisy hovel in WC, you need to water it, talk to it, compliment it (interact with the tree) and it will give you to option to travel (or however it's phrased, I can't remember exactly)

Sixam is the wormhole in the rocket once you've fully upgraded it (if you have Get to Work)

There is also the Deep Woods in Granite Falls. I would describe where the entrance is, but I'm still finding it by chance!

I know, it's the hermit house - I was just responding to how they could find the ones they listed - that's all :)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited December 2018
    Cats and Dogs - the cat knocked over the garbage can and started digging in the trash. All of a sudden an upgrade part appeared. The cat was scrounging for parts! Not sure if dogs can do that but it's cool cats have another thing I didn't know they could do.

Cats and Dogs - Cats/Dogs can bring home "mystery gifts" a tiny little wrapped present lol
    Post edited by Bearpal64 on
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    When creating or editing a club, there is a new requirement option: Fame level. Even if you don't even have Get Famous!
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Fireworks sometimes go off in the distance during the evening in Del Sol Valley - very pretty.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Apparently vampires don't seem to die from an enraged mood. I needed her to do an angry rant for a social media task and all of a sudden--she turns into her dark form and decided to drink uncontrollably from her roomate. Her thirst was still in the green. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • charleyjadelambertcharleyjadelambert Posts: 1 New Member
    I am back to sims 4 after nearly 5 years of not playing - last played on Sims 3, Whats your fun things/best things to do on Sims?
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Apparently, my babies can turn into fat kids even if they only ate green salad since they were born (actually since they became toddlers) lol
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Apparently vampires don't seem to die from an enraged mood. I needed her to do an angry rant for a social media task and all of a sudden--she turns into her dark form and decided to drink uncontrollably from her roomate. Her thirst was still in the green. :#

They're immune to emotional deaths.
  • astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    When teens "mess around" with their boyfriend/girlfriend, it's counts as woohoo in their stats. They also won't get the first woohoo notification when they become adults ;)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Playing with the cowplant increases a sim's gardening skill.

A sim with maximised handiness skill can mentor while another sim fixes a broken item. That sim becomes focused too.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    Erratic sims never tense when thunder even outdoor
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • SorenaJSorenaJ Posts: 31 Member
    Kids can feed toddlers too, by getting a quick meal from the fridge, but not eating it, by cancelling the action. Then the toddlers can grab it.
  • crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    When creating or editing a club, there is a new requirement option: Fame level. Even if you don't even have Get Famous!

That might be a bug.
    edited December 2018
    [quote="SorenaJ;c-16870936"]Kids can feed toddlers too, by getting a quick meal from the fridge, but not eating it, by cancelling the action. Then the toddlers can grab it. [/quote]
    Usually, I just take out the leftovers from the fridge and put inside my toddler's room, so its faster and easier to them stay fed.
    Post edited by jupkmn on
  • SorenaJSorenaJ Posts: 31 Member
    > @jupkmn said:
    >
    > [quote="SorenaJ;c-16870936"]Kids can feed toddlers too, by getting a quick meal from the fridge, but not eating it, by cancelling the action. Then the toddlers can grab it. [/quote]
    > Usually, I just take out the leftovers from the fridge and put inside my toddler's room, so its faster and easier to them stay fed.
    >

I really should try that. I'm doing the 100 baby challenge now, and the mom does not have time to cook. But I have teens in my house, maybe I should get them to cook up a bunch of food before they move out!
  • dessertbunnydessertbunny Posts: 8 New Member
    My Sims went out to dinner the other night when the played Sim is given the option to tell the other "Sorry for your loss" so she did and comforted her. This really confused me. I went to the sim who lost somebody and the game froze all night. Then I restarted it today and I'm trying to figure out, what on earth does that mean? How do I find out or who she lost? I thought maybe it was her cat but it's fine.
    SorenaJ wrote: »
    > @jupkmn said:
    >
    >
    SorenaJ wrote: »
    Kids can feed toddlers too, by getting a quick meal from the fridge, but not eating it, by cancelling the action. Then the toddlers can grab it.
    > Usually, I just take out the leftovers from the fridge and put inside my toddler's room, so its faster and easier to them stay fed.
    >

I really should try that. I'm doing the 100 baby challenge now, and the mom does not have time to cook. But I have teens in my house, maybe I should get them to cook up a bunch of food before they move out!

Yes! it really is a good thing to do. After I discovered that, I never used baby chairs again, just click and drag, and yay!
  • Jackiee416Jackiee416 Posts: 1 New Member
    HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!! I have literally tried everything to get my sims game to open. I clean booted, I repaired my game, I uninstalled and reinstalled both the sims 4 and origin and it still will not open. What can I do and why is it not working?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Jackiee416 wrote: »
    HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!! I have literally tried everything to get my sims game to open. I clean booted, I repaired my game, I uninstalled and reinstalled both the sims 4 and origin and it still will not open. What can I do and why is it not working?

Hello @Jackiee416
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop.
    Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files
    Then try starting the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issue remains, try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    If you have an intelligent cat, your human sims can build their logic skill by talking to it. Not just with any talking interaction, however, it has to be the one with the trait symbol next to it. This one totally caught me off guard!
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    If you have an intelligent cat, your human sims can build their logic skill by talking to it. Not just with any talking interaction, however, it has to be the one with the trait symbol next to it. This one totally caught me off guard!

It works for Smart Dogs too :)
  • dyl_andwhatdyl_andwhat Posts: 367 Member

If you have Luxury Party Stuff, you can buy the buffet table, stock it and place the food into the fridge

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Did you know that if you are making music on the new mix master station and you create a track, if you play that track publicly on radios and stereos at venues or another Sims house, the Sims will listen and get buffs and it raises the amount you earn for royalties
  • You can get a naseous moodlet after using the swingset from seasons. Pretty cool.
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    MY Alien SIM died from laughing too hard. Seriously! :o
    ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top