Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @BlackUndecimber We'll definitely miss you. :( I loved what I read of your work and I'm looking forward to reading the chapters/stories I missed by being the late arrival. Hope things ease up for you soon.

@simscognito Are we skipping this week or shall we discuss the latest chapter of Friends of Foes? I'm good either way.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @BlackUndecimber We'll definitely miss you. :( I loved what I read of your work and I'm looking forward to reading the chapters/stories I missed by being the late arrival. Hope things ease up for you soon.

@simscognito Are we skipping this week or shall we discuss the latest chapter of Friends of Foes? I'm good either way.

Hi sorry. Been unwell, but yeah we can discuss Friends of Foes this week.

how are you finding it so far?
    edited December 2018
    @simscognito Just read the most recent chapter. So far I'm enjoying it. (Erm, the story, not just Henry Gets Mad!) I especially like the bits of dark humor--like in this chapter where one of the groups talks about taking out the other like it's really no big deal. Henry has every reason to get mad here. ^_^

You always manage to end each chapter on a suspenseful note but a reasonable one, and I like that aspect of it as well. It satisfies the audience without relying on cliffhangers.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @simscognito Just read the most recent chapter. So far I'm enjoying it. (Erm, the story, not just Henry Gets Mad!) I especially like the bits of dark humor--like in this chapter where one of the groups talks about taking out the other like it's really no big deal. Henry has every reason to get mad here. ^_^

You always manage to end each chapter on a suspenseful note but a reasonable one, and I like that aspect of it as well. It satisfies the audience without relying on cliffhangers.

Thanks @katrinasforest . XD
    Yeah, Alex should not be surprised that Henry would be mad. :joy:

Also, I made a post on my tumblr thread asking my followers which Foes couple is their fav. So I guess I could ask the same question here. XD

Here's the post which gives you the pics of the couples, with a token pic of Paris and Lilith at the bottom because some fans have been shipping them. :joy:

https://simscognito.tumblr.com/post/181130245870/which-couple-is-your-favourite
    @simscognito Hmm... it's a little tricky, because some characters have gotten much more "screen time" than others. I'm gonna predict as we learn more about them that King Bastian and Queen Gemma are going to be my favorite couple. They seem like they have all sorts of drama going on, and the difficult characters are always the most interesting to me.
    @katrinasforest That's really interesting. I hope Gemstian (Yeah one of my readers gave them a shipname :D) reaches your expectations.
    @simscognito I'm sure it will. :)

So, looking at the schedule, I think I'm up this week?
    @simscognito I'm sure it will. :)

So, looking at the schedule, I think I'm up this week?

oh gosh. I totally forgot. really sorry. yes you are up this week. again, my apologies.
    edited December 2018
    @simscognito No apologies needed! Just wasn't quite sure.

So, here the latest chapter, which I posted a few days ago:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2018/12/18/newcrest-rising-chapter-3/

I guess my questions would be the usual, "What did you think of this latest installment?" but I was also curious for input on...
    What do you think Lexi's dark look should be like after she transforms? I'm floating a few ideas around; I'm thinking she would have an elegant, refined look to her. Maybe sort of a royal purple color scheme. Thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

• NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @katrinasforest I'd go with royal purple and black, adding longer hair, purple eyes, pointed ears, and classic fangs but that's just me. A long formal dress and long gloves, maybe? Simple but elegant jewelry?
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    Hi. Here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.

Chapter fifty three: All For Love
    chapter-fifty-three-all-for-love_orig.jpg

@katrinasforest I'll answer your questions this weekend. :)
    @katrinasforest what do I think of the latest chapter? Wow! I never thought Lexi would be turned but now I'm thinking it does make sense. And she developing feelings for Kyle? Hehe XD I can see this getting interesting. Wonder what Vladislaus thinks... Also, I wonder if a love triangle is forming between Elliot, Lexi and Kyle?
    Lexi would suit purple really well. Go for that!
    Also, this week it's @NyteRose's turn in the reading circle so feel free to ask us some questions about your story. :)
    Sorry guys, really sick with a bad cold so I don't know how active I'll be this week.
    I'm also on a temporary/indefinite hiatus on writing so I don't know if/when my story will be updated next. I'm burned out creatively right now and just need to rest for a bit. Not sure if I should post about my break on my blog or not. Sorry again :(
    NyteRose wrote: »
    Sorry guys, really sick with a bad cold so I don't know how active I'll be this week.
    I'm also on a temporary/indefinite hiatus on writing so I don't know if/when my story will be updated next. I'm burned out creatively right now and just need to rest for a bit. Not sure if I should post about my break on my blog or not. Sorry again :(

No worries @NyteRose. Hope you get better soon. We can have a break this week if you like?
    edited December 2018
    @simscognito Whatever everyone wants to do is fine by me.
    edited December 2018
    I think a break this week makes total sense. It's a busy time for everyone.

@NyteRose, if you think the hiatus will be a long one, a note of your blog might make sense. But I'd still encourage you to write when you can, even if you don't post it. I know what you mean about feeling burned out creatively. For me, sometimes doing a small piece outside my usual helps out--sketching a new idea that might now go anywhere, writing a "non-canon" vingette, that sort of thing. Something just for fun that won't put extra pressure on me.

I hope you feel better soon!
    edited December 2018
    Update- what I thought was a really bad cold turned out to be pneumonia :( I'll try to keep up with everyone's stories if I can but I sleep most of the time.
    Writing a little too when I'm awake.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    Update- what I thought was a really bad cold turned out to be pneumonia :( I'll try to keep up with everyone's stories if I can but I sleep most of the time.
    Writing a little too when I'm awake.

@NyteRose Oh gosh. I'm so sorry. Hope you're getting lots of rest and don't worry about catching up. Focus on healing. :)
    I'm feeling a lot better (antibiotics work wonders!) and back to writing a little bit but I'm not pushing myself so there's not a definitive timeline for the new chapter, but it should be sooner rather than later. *fingers crossed* Thought everyone would like a small update :)
    I'm feeling a lot better (antibiotics work wonders!) and back to writing a little bit but I'm not pushing myself so there's not a definitive timeline for the new chapter, but it should be sooner rather than later. *fingers crossed* Thought everyone would like a small update :)

@NyteRose Oh that's good. I'm glad you're feeling better.
    Also, who's up this week? I'm sorry. I'm coming off some strong meds so my brain's wonky.