Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does your sim die a lot from emotion? Or is it just me...

13...Next

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Hysteria is a pretty frequent occurrence in my main household. I've only had one hysterical death but that's because I'm always sending my Sims to calm down when they reach "Very Playful". I've never had the Mortified or Enraged death, though.

I really hate the Hysterical death because it can be way too easy to get. I love having consequences in the game when they make sense or offer a challenge that enhances gameplay, but this just doesn't do anything for me and I wish I could turn it off.
    #Team Occult
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Is this a new thing with Get Famous? In all my four years of playing the sims 4 I’ve had one emotional death. I don’t have Get Famous.

Nope, it is not new at all, been in since base game. It just used to be more challenging to hit the death conditions. In order to die from emotions, you need to get to hysterical (have +15 playful), Mortified (+7 embarrassment), or Enraged (+7 angry). Those are the only emotions that can lead to death.

Early on, it was actually quite hard to hit the thresholds required, even when trying. As more packs have been released, however, they have continued to add actions and activities that give moodlets, making it easier to stack enough to hit the required thresholds, particularly for playful because new happiness providing moodlets have been the most common things added. I never had sims dieing from emotions by accident for the first few years, this year it became a real problem though, to the point I turned emotional deaths off with a mod.

I should note, you have time once you hit the threshold to save the sim doing any actions that clear up the emotions in question. I find that it just isn't all that much time for hysterical, specifically. If one of my sims gets hysterical when they are not active and off screen, I often don't have enough time to select them and take action to save them. I guess it could just be that I'm slow in realizing what is occurring....it is off screen, after all.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Most of mine die from old age. I’ve only ever had one sim die from an emotion, which ironically was laughter a day after her husband died from old age.. Her ghost mother told her a good joke, in fact it was too good.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€