Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 going forward for the next year.

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited December 2018
    Other: Explain in the comments.
    At this time I do not really care if they continue with DLCs or not as Sims 4 for me appears to have peaked when it comes to major features and all that may come forward are themes and items. I no longer get that fuzzy feeling when an pack is mentioned for in some way each pack is not in it's full glory and is gimped in it's own way. I am an collector but I will pay what it's true worth is to me which means waiting for that good price drop as I can be patient being I am not too excited for it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2018
    I would like to see bugs fixed. As well, I would like the team to bolster the base game features. Specifically, the Sims themselves need fixing. More aspirations, unique personalities, conflict between polar opposites, a true nemesis system, more unique interactions for BFFs, and romantic interactions for grown 🐸🐸🐸🐸 single and married adults, rather than teens, getting kissed for the first time.

Oh, and can there please be more than one way to propose? Something at a table would be fab. Also, at a party, in front of friends and family. As it is now, Sims get engaged and no one notices or gives a flying fig. By the fourth iteration, I expect things like this to be better.

For example: the Ahi tuna dinner looks exactly like a gift-wrapped package. I pretended that one of my Sims had an engagement ring hidden inside of the meal for his intended to find.

Of course, there is no interaction like that. (I had to fudge the pictures.) However, there should be! Also, if it doesn't already exist, the gift-giving interaction should also include the option to gift a ring.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    It's not an either/or thing. I'd like to see EA increase their budget to include more/better QA for sure, but that shouldn't impact the design teams. At this point, I am hoping they have a team working on the next Sims, and that it's being designed for next generation consoles which will translate to good things for PC users regarding power.
  • Options
    DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    @JoAnne65 I'm saving for a new laptop and I already have begun dusting my Sims 3 EPs and SPs. I can't waaaaaaait to busy my Sims with alchemy, and make fairies, and play in Dragon Valley again! I'm packing up my bags and joining you over there in The Sims 3.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5904920

I'm not even voting because at this point I don't care. MAXIS or EA, whichever devil it may be, does not care, really. They're shoehorning this game with realism and I've had enough. So, I'm off to relive the magic of The Sims 3 in 2019 since they're killing this game softly. I've been put to sleep by TS4 because it's become a bore.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Continue as they are.
    I don't even really play the game anymore, I just do CAS makeovers now. Ofc that could radically change if they actually bothered to spend decent time fixing bugs and making worthy and useful pack content that they either deliberately did not add or simply forgot to and/or cared less to.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    I'd gladly take only 2 new DLC's and have them fix current Gugs and Gliches.
    we barely got any dlc this year, anyway.
    I'd gladly give up an expansion for a CAW tool and open neighborhoods, though.
  • Options
    khnum21khnum21 Posts: 28 Member
    Continue as they are.
    The bug fixers and teams working on future packs are all different, so I am fine with them doing both. Every game that is constantly adding new content has bugs; it doesn't matter if its an MMO, RPG, RTS, or a life simulator. As a longtime gamer its annoying but still just par for the course. I trust the devs to know how to walk and chew gum at the same time.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Though I'm having fun with the game, and also glad I can still play Sims 2 and Sims 3. I'm just ready for Sims 4 to end and for them to give us a Sims game similar to what came before it.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I chose other--I'd like them to keep releasing content on a regular basis however rather than release a lot of free content I'd prefer bug fixes be addressed first.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    I'd gladly take no new DLC's if they concentrated only on resolving Bugs and Gliches.
    I'd much rather they focus on fixing bugs/glitches and the stuff that's missing/substandard (babies, screenshots tied to households, option to stop time progression on unplayed households for example) than new stuff. The amount released is already in steady decline, and I'm increasingly not getting what they do offer as it doesn't mesh with my play style, so absence of new DLC would hardly be noticed. Better that what we now have actually work well than more of the S.O.S.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited December 2018
    Continue as they are.
    I'm good with continuing as they are. They still fix the worst bugs, and modders do a fine job of fixing all the rest as far as I'm concerned.
    New functionality is harder for modders to do then bug fixing, so having EA continue to work on new stuff that adds new things to do works for me.
    In an ideal world...we wouldn't need modders to fix things. I'm old, I understand the world is not even close to ideal.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    IndigoGreeneIndigoGreene Posts: 49 Member
    I would like them to spend time making sure things work before releasing them... I know you will always get some bugs and issues, that's not what I'm referring to here. My issue is that once you get stuck into some features, you realise they just don't work how they should.

An example I've found through many hours playing 'Get Famous' is the way the Celebrity system works with social media followers. Have you ever seen a 'Global' celeb posting a photo and only get 12 followers from it? I have a global celeb and they only have 512 followers which does not feel right to me. Their celebrity status should be reflected online as well.

Also, 'Reputations' don't seem to work right... I built my sim up to a pristine rep and then thought it would be fun to see what happened if he did 'bad' stuff. So he went around cheating on his wife in front of the paparazzi and it did NOTHING to his rep. It seems rep is only affected by doing 'friendly' actions or 'mean' actions which feels quite limited to me.

Another thing is the Lifestyle brand - I'm not sure if others are experiencing issues with this.... it could just be a bug.... but my global celeb earns £142 or something a week with this and this is with me actively working on it. Again, that doesn't feel right to me especially when you think about how much the Kardashians earn haha!
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Continue as they are.
    I'd personally be happy with nothing new for the next year if EA / Maxis would concentrate on fixing things in the game.

I chose 'Continue as they are'.

Now I have a question for you: What do you suggest they do with the employees who aren't involved with fixing bugs and glitches while they concentrated only on resolving bugs and glitches?

1. Fire them?
    2. Just pay them for doing nothing?
    3. Have them continue working but just don't release the content?

I think those are their only options if you want them to cease releasing new content and concentrated only on resolving bugs and glitches. And only the first option can result in faster fixes.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I'd personally be happy with nothing new for the next year if EA / Maxis would concentrate on fixing things in the game.

Now I have a question for you: What do you suggest they do with the employees who aren't involved with fixing bugs and glitches while they concentrated only on resolving bugs and glitches?

1. Fire them?

I think those are their only options if you want them to cease releasing new content and concentrated only on resolving bugs and glitches. And only the first option can result in faster fixes.

Take a vacation.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    I'd gladly take only 2 new DLC's and have them fix current Gugs and Gliches.

1. Fire them?

Usually there are different departments. One will always work on new content. We dont want it shut down. We just want the company to less concentrate on things we dont ask for and instead concentrate on things this game needs: bug fixing.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Continue as they are.
    I assume the department for bugs are seperate from the people creating the content.

I want new content, and the bug people will have to work harder to get the bugs or playtest better.

I wasn’t sure what choice of the poll to choose for that, but I do want want the content.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'd gladly take no new DLC's if they concentrated only on resolving Bugs and Gliches.

I have to agree. I would rather the focus be on fixing crashes, glitches and fixing problems that should have been caught in a proper playtesting.

Proper playtest- a few months - a year before the plan of a release advertise on the forums for Simmers to play at home. Agreeing to play with no CC and or mods (yes this includes MCCC) to find the bugs and problems the average player would encounter. Their job is to break the game without mods and CC. Simmers contact a guru or gurus that would be assigned for the playtest group in a private area where the rest of us have no access to. They let the devs know what the problems are and can work on fixing it while the game is in beta, The playtesters report any and all problems in the private area each day. Can you play a vampire or alien? For some of us, vampires and aliens are all we play. When in concept mode that is when it's taken to the Focus groups and market research groups, not in playtesting beta mode.

Playtest till they find the bugs that an average player will find. Granted a playtest will only find so much because we all have our own unique play style and in our unique playstyle pick up on something that the playtest group didn't even encounter.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Continue as they are.
    Cinebar wrote: »

1. Fire them?

Take a vacation.

But that won't get the fixes out any sooner since they'll have the same number of employees working on fixes.
  • Options
    FaustfelixFaustfelix Posts: 2 New Member
    Wow, all the above negativity is surprising!

I’m a long-time player, first time poster, who always buys DLC at full price at launch to support further content development.

My hope is that this year way more supernatural content is released. I’d like to play witches and gods/demigods/heroes and perhaps time travel (though witches and zombies and werewolves would be cool too).
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Well, given that people that fix bugs are a different department than those creating new packs, I would think they could do both??
  • Options
    LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Faustfelix wrote: »
    Wow, all the above negativity is surprising!

I’m a long-time player, first time poster, who always buys DLC at full price at launch to support further content development.

My hope is that this year way more supernatural content is released. I’d like to play witches and gods/demigods/heroes and perhaps time travel (though witches and zombies and werewolves would be cool too).

Im also a long time player. I used to be like you until 2014. I can't be anymore, Im really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and disappinted with The Sims 4
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited March 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m beyond caring tbh, I’m sorry. Played Sims 3 till 2.30 am last night. It’s not that I don’t like playing Sims 4 every now and then but it’s never “********! look at the time!! Oh, well, just this one more thing and thén I’ll go to bed”.
    In addition to what I said in December, I would be interested in them making some drastic changes to the basegame if they can do that. If they really can make significant changes to the personality system and link it to the emotions (throwing the auras overboard, we tried that for 4 years now and it doesn’t work the way they hoped it would work), if Sims 4 has to continue for many more years, that’s the only thing that could pull me in again.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member

Fix the bugs and stick a fork in it. Actually, I only say fix the bugs because that's what it seems like a lot of people want. Personally, I would rather shoot myself in the foot than open S4 again.

Completely done with EA

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited March 2019
    Please, Sims Gods - let it end. (don't get triggered, it's My Wish) :cookie:
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Please, Sims Gods - let it end. (don't get triggered, it's My Wish) :cookie:

Me too.