Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Put an End to This!!!

I rotate to Frank I find this:

sbnZCpf.png

Earlier this week I rotated to Brad Pitt and found this:

Psv5riY.png

ENOUGH with the weird outfits! What are you doing???????

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    100 % agreed (though Brad Pitt made me laugh). Hats and face accessories should be completely turned off for all NPC.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    100 % agreed (though Brad Pitt made me laugh). Hats and face accessories should be completely turned off for all NPC.

These aren't NPC's! These are MY sims, and MY households that I play regularly and THEY shouldn't be touched by the game mechanics. I don't know what this weird situational outfit thing is, but it's got to be dealt with and fixed.

No more!
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I've seen some freaky stuff. I've even found a male sim wearing a french maid outfit. Something should be done.
    @Anthonydyer It has to. This has been an ongoing issue since CL. Every time, it comes back. I hate it.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Hope they figure out how to stop the random situational outfits much like how they finally fixed sims showing up in odd outfits at the nightclub. I see it a lot with the walk-by rain outfits. See a sim of mine walking down the street like that while I'm playing and if I don't see them again and load to the lot they're wearing that. I just use a mod to temporarily keep them out of it.

The situational outfits only make sense with sims like changing into towels or robes at the spa or when you see some of the inactive sims in places like Granite Falls who are wearing matching camping outfits from the Outdoor Retreat. Which amazes me as I haven't seen any odd outfits when you vacation there.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sim Guru Nick said it’s a bug. That and sims going to Geekcon in their underwear. Not sure when it will be fixed though.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    This sounds like a bug not a feature. I'd suggest heading over to http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs if you're experiencing it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yes. It's a bug. They attempted a fix for the nightclub thing, but here we are. Again. Same same. Sims wearing glasses, hats, earrings, leggings and other things all piled up on top of one another.
    edited December 2018
    @luthienrising I am reporting it HERE. With pictures to show what I am talking about. This is the feedback section. They should be reading this too, or having the feedback HERE relayed to them.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @luthienrising I am reporting it HERE. With pictures to show what I am talking about. This is the feedback section. They should be reading this too, or having the feedback HERE relayed to them.

Well, they clearly don't want to read it here and prefer it at AHQ, where only bug reports there seem to only matter anymore.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • NoName123NoName123 Posts: 25 Member
    I don't know, maybe your sims are into things you don't know about? Are they dancing too?

On a serious note; I've randomly gone into townies houses when their sense of fashion was just too out there. I've also added a lot of second everyday outfits for my sims to try to keep the game from generating random stuff. It's worked for the most part.
    edited December 2018

This is not the official forum when it comes to bug reports. AHQ is the official forum for bug reports. It's very inefficient to have two official forums for the same purpose. If you want bugs fixed, having an efficient process gets it done better. That way staff aren't wasting their time going back and forth trying to piece together information from multiple places when the organization can be done for them instead. You can link to pictures there. It's just one other site to bookmark.

In any case, perhaps others posting here with "me too's" will be happy to head over there where there's a built in me-too system that keeps count and way mods can merge threads on the same topic so staff can focus on actual bug fixing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Yep. Sure. What's my current game version? lol It's freaking up to date or else Origin wouldn't let me play it would it! Therefore, they should KNOW it! I'm not jumping through hoops to report something.

I can just make a post here. Which is what I did. The moderators here can pass it on. They must do something other than close necro posts right?

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Yep. Sure. What's my current game version? lol It's freaking up to date or else Origin wouldn't let me play it would it! Therefore, they should KNOW it! I'm not jumping through hoops to report something.

I can just make a post here. Which is what I did. The moderators here can pass it on. They must do something other than close necro posts right?

No, there are plenty of people who play versions of the game that aren't up-to-date. The responsibility of the moderators is to moderate the forum. It's not their job nor should it be to pass on bug reports when players have all the means of reporting the bugs in the correct places themselves. The type of bug reports we usually get in these forums aren't very insightful most of the time, anyway.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    Nope. I just search out Grant on Twitter and posted a link to the thread. This is his CL mess to clean up.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

Actually you can play on outdated versions. You just have to go into offline mode in Origin. I've played Sims 4 after the patch that changed how mods are done and I've not patched to that version yet.

And you'd be surprised at how many of those hoops are actually required.

My brother works as a tech for a local doctor's office. He'll get people who call in with a problem and my brother's asked if they've tried restarting the computer. As that solves a lot of problems. They'll say yes. There's actually a feature in Windows that will tell you when the last time you turned it off. And he'd come to find out it's been months since it was last restarted and restarting the computer fixed the issue.

A lot of their questions are to help reduce those problems. That's why it's what version are you on and not are you up to date.

The moderators' job here is not to pass on bug reports. That's hearsay and an even worse form of bug reporting because then the bug isn't coming from the source and follow up questions are harder to get answered. Not to mention they may get the gist of the bug wrong due to phrasing and then the bug doesn't get fixed because it can't be reproduced because it was described by the moderator incorrectly.

The moderators job here is:
    1. Make sure rules are followed
    2. Discipline members that break the rules as necessary
    3. Close/merge threads as needed and redirect if appropriate
    4. Pass on forum issues to the web team for fixing.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    edited December 2018
    I agree, it's one of the bugs I hate the most. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
    Nope. I just search out Grant on Twitter and posted a link to the thread. This is his CL mess to clean up.
    But as @luthienrising already said, AHQ is the official forum for bug reports, whether you like it or not. The issue probably won't get addressed if it's not posted at the right place.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
    Grant isn't QA, he's a producer. Bug reports need to go to QA so they can narrow them down and make sure the right developer (not producer) gets a full, detailed report.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    There is no point in tagging Grant. It’s not his job. I get the frustration completely but we need to follow the proper channels to report bugs. (I personally tag Sim Guru Nick on twitter, he is very helpful and has on occasion asked me to send him my save file) If that is not an option then it needs to go to QA. Yeah the form is long and I know many people who refuse to fill it out but if they have decided that’s how they will collect information about bugs then we don’t have a lot of choice. The bug in question is very annoying, I get that. But not reporting it isn’t going to help things.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    This sounds like a bug not a feature.
    Didn't you know? Bugs are a feature in this game :/

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited December 2018
    In this case, no one even needs to fill out the form

You can just use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Weird-situational-outfits-on-NPCs-Mainly-Hats-Accessoire/m-p/6904580#M66940

Be aware that there can also be legacy bugs with this for other outfit categories which is why it's important to have more details

- Which outfit is it you have this on ? One your Sim actually has ?
    - When did you last play this household ?
    - The hot/cold weather outfits are weird too a lot but those needed to be added to all Sims also played ones.
    - Were outfits you assigned changed to look like this ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2018
    As noted twice in this thread, AHQ is a better avenue for bugs and issues like this. Considering this, I will be closing the thread and suggest posting on AHQ. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top