Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make Part-time jobs available for YA, Adults & Elders!

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
5795c4ul5pzp.jpg
I hate how part-time jobs are only available for teens.
Please, make it available for Young Adults-Elders as well! In Sims 3 it was possible...
Just imagine the story of having a painter that earns money by selling paintings, but also works as a Fast Food Employee!

What do you think?
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Agreed!
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Agreed, there is a mod out there but last time I checked it wasn't updated
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited November 2018
    I’d like part time jobs for adults too, just not that babysitter one. That’s a teen job imo.

—T
    Post edited by To7m on
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I’d like part time jobs for adults too, just not that babysitter one. That’s a teen job imo.

—T

But Elders also do this job, just look at the Nanny NPCs in Sims 4, they're mostly elders.
    a256aFi.gif
  • NellionkingiNellionkingi Posts: 28 Member
    I agree! Would love to make my elder a baby sitter :D
    I’ll show you the dark side.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I'd like part-time jobs that are custom-made for adults, not just the Teen jobs available to them. The hours for Teen jobs are built around school.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    To7m wrote: »

—T

But Elders also do this job, just look at the Nanny NPCs in Sims 4, they're mostly elders.

Touché, I never thought about that.

Ok I’m good with ‘Nanny’ then, but not ‘babysitter’ lol

—T
    edited November 2018
    I'd like part-time jobs that are custom-made for adults, not just the Teen jobs available to them. The hours for Teen jobs are built around school.

Maybe Young Adults and up would have to work more hours in these part-time jobs; or they would keep the same schedule and have to have another alternative way of income, like painting paintings and selling them or growing harvestables. There are so many ways to earn extra Simoleons!
    a256aFi.gif
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    part time jobs are IMO are a desperately needed addition. it gives greater player freedom in how our sims earn money and live.

id like it to go a step further and have the option for sims to be on a rotating roster. not everyone in a part time or full time job has a consistent work roster with the same shifts week in and week out. part time sims could also be called in for extra shifts when other sims are sick or on their vacation days

i think for all jobs an 'annual leave' should be required to be booked in; our sims could book annual leave upto the amount of vacations days they have instead of calling in every morning
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    @sazzieJ I wish there was an evening shift for police officers..
    6adMCGP.gif
    @MadameLee IKR, being a police officer is a 24HR a day role and itd be nice if the detective career highlighted that. much like DRs i think those types of careers should have rotating shifts of mornings, days nights and should have the option to also be called in for emergency shifts like in sims 3
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Oh! Make sometimes when the kids are at school there could be a call (if they work as either a Fast Food Employee or Retail Worker and maybe Barista) that a card comes out saying that they want (name) to work during the school period..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'd definitely want this. It's much more realistic in today's world, especially in the US, where the number of full-time jobs has declined, and most people I know work 1-3 part time jobs at same time, as well as doing side gigs. It's depressing, but that's the reality today :/
    bixters wrote: »
    I'd definitely want this. It's much more realistic in today's world, especially in the US, where the number of full-time jobs has declined, and most people I know work 1-3 part time jobs at same time, as well as doing side gigs. It's depressing, but that's the reality today :/

maybe the sims could take take on a few part time jobs and try to juggle their hours and commitments for each job until theyre able to quit one. maybe theyd even have to fill in an availability form to ensure their jobs arent clashing
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Agreed!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    They could have the same part time jobs, just different hours, like my IRL self. I just started a part time retail job during when my teen and children are in school. The YA and older could have the same options (and maybe more) with different hours. So, a teen having a part time job could switch shifts when they age up to YA.
    They could have the same part time jobs, just different hours, like my IRL self. I just started a part time retail job during when my teen and children are in school. The YA and older could have the same options (and maybe more) with different hours. So, a teen having a part time job could switch shifts when they age up to YA.

That's a great idea and the most easy to implement (I think)! :)
    a256aFi.gif
    edited December 2018
    Part-time jobs for Young Adults-Elders would be especially needed in a University pack; Some YA Sims might need to work to finance their studies and can't work in a full-time job. So part-time jobs would actually come in handy, but they're Teen-only right now
    a256aFi.gif
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Definitely like this.

At the same time, I would also like it if teens could drop out of school and get a full time proper job.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Nah, I like how it is currently. You can always own a vet clinic, a retail store, or a restaurant and work them part time.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Agreed! The more options the better. I don't like these game play restrictions! Let me decide what I want for my sims.

Also I wish it was needed some kind of preparation before getting a job. I guess like auditions work in Get Famous. I mean, who gets a job with just one phone call nowadays? Lol
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    5795c4ul5pzp.jpg
    I hate how part-time jobs are only available for teens.
    Please, make it available for Young Adults-Elders as well! In Sims 3 it was possible...
    Just imagine the story of having a painter that earns money by selling paintings, but also works as a Fast Food Employee!

What do you think?

It makes sense as many adults do work those type of part-time jobs in real life. Btw, I also wanted one my Sims to work as Musician and work temporarily as a Barista part-time so they could do more gigs and earn extra cash.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I've been pushing for this also. It should be a rather easy change to implement.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Good thing Simnation has a very strong economy and you can get a job by request. B)