Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Renovacy Challenge - a new (and short!) challenge.

Comments

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    This is it. The last letter.

A lot of changes have happened since the first day/letter, but one thing is for certain ... Luke and the kids are alright!
    Letter 25

The ending was great, and I love that Abigail is going to try the container renovation (must get mine finished!), so I'll look forward to reading that as well. I've really enjoyed this, and the voice you found for the characters too.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    The ending was great, and I love that Abigail is going to try the container renovation (must get mine finished!), so I'll look forward to reading that as well. I've really enjoyed this, and the voice you found for the characters too.

Thank you :smiley:
    Looking forward to playing Abigail's story and finding her unique voice.
    For those interested, Casey Kennel download link has been added to the Final Tour page.

Tour page: LtL Final Tour
    Download: Casey Kennel
    I got inspired and made a Christmas renovacy, just for the fun of it. Something to play when the mood takes you?
    Link here: https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2018/12/a-christmas-renovacy.html
    SamelaRita wrote: »
    I got inspired and made a Christmas renovacy, just for the fun of it. Something to play when the mood takes you?
    Link here: https://samelasstories.blogspot.com/2018/12/a-christmas-renovacy.html

Oooh! This sounds intriguing!!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I can't get the Christmas Reno to install. It's says it installs successfully in the launcher, but it doesn't make a library file; and I have the brown box showing in the launcher instead of the pic of a lot.
    ciane wrote: »
    I can't get the Christmas Reno to install. It's says it installs successfully in the launcher, but it doesn't make a library file; and I have the brown box showing in the launcher instead of the pic of a lot.

Very odd! Can't check it out at my end because it's on the PC and I'm on my laptop at the moment (actually, my husband's laptop). Sorry about that! Anyone else had the same problem? I'll check it out when I can get back onto the mainframe.
    It is a large file at almost 10MB. Does one of them have an opportunity or some special seeds or something else unique in their inventory?
    It is a large file at almost 10MB. Does one of them have an opportunity or some special seeds or something else unique in their inventory?

I don't think so, as far as I can remember. They do have some skills, all of them. It should be cc free: I tried to only use EA stuff, and I don't think I used MOO either.
    Aw, well, maybe it just took a hit on the upload.
    Stopping by with some exciting news and apologies in the lateness of sharing this!
    Letters to Lucy has been nominated for the general category in the SimLit Choice Awards 2018 hosted by @Jmaraa

This nomination wouldn't have happened without the starting point @SamelaRita provided. Thank YOU!!! Her beginning piece of the story for Luke, his niece and nephews along with the abandoned barn that Cass & Lucy purchased provided different voices for those of us who accepted this particular challenge.

Thanks also go to the readers and other participants because your support helped encourage me to try new things and the result was this story.

For those interested,
    Forum Link: SimLit Choice Awards 2018
    Voting Form: Vote
    Congrats on the nomination @ADWilson.

@SamelaRita - I'm hoping you can look at that file of the Christmas Reno and reupload it so I can play it yet this week; but I know you have other more important things to do, so I'll be patient.
    Thanks @ciane
    It was a pleasant surprise being included with the other nominees. :)

The winners have been announced! Congratulations to all of them.
    @lisabee2 won DRAMA category with An Era of Charming Tales as well as FAVORITE AUTHOR
    @RosemaryMariee won GENERAL category with Noble Doubt
    @Jes2G won ROMANCE/COMEDY with Discovering Juliana
    @Piazzagirl1015 won SCI-FI/FANTASY with A Race Against Time

Looking for to reading and playing more renovacies!!!
    I know which one I will be doing, what about the rest of you?
    @ciane I've re-uploaded the renovacy under the name Forester: if it won't play for you, let me know, and I'll upload the house and the family separately, and see if that works any better! Sorry you've had to wait so long to play it.
    @ADWilson Once I've finished Ciane's, then I'm doing a load of building - and then I'm playing yours! I got inspired in Florida and found a voice for yours. Plus, having met you in the flesh, I'm really inspired to play yours ;)
    It created a package file in dcbackup and it actually had a picture of the family in the launcher, but... I don't get a family in my bin. Maybe I have too many families in my bin and their isn't room for any more???

Did you check that they had no opportunities and nothing unusual in their inventories?
    It created a package file in dcbackup and it actually had a picture of the family in the launcher, but... I don't get a family in my bin. Maybe I have too many families in my bin and their isn't room for any more???

Did you check that they had no opportunities and nothing unusual in their inventories?

I more or less cleared out their inventories (a couple of fish and so on left over) but I'll empty them more, and upload the family separately today. How frustrating for you!
    It might just be that the file size is so large at almost 10Mb, so splitting them up should help. It is kind of weird that the file size is so large though, so maybe saving them to your bin and then placing elsewhere to save might reset that. Thanks for the extra effort. I really do want to play them.
    Hi @ciane - I've uploaded them separately, the family, that is and the file size is smaller, though still about 7Mb. I took everything out of their inventories, deleted all their wishes etc. They do have skill points - does this make a difference to the size of the file? Hope it works for you now!
    edited January 2019
    The house loaded, but the family didn't. I still have the same problem with them. No library file is created and they don't show in game, even after saying installing. When I close the launcher and reopen it, the family sits there and awaits install again. :( So, there is something going on with them. You might try resetsim * and see if the file size shrinks at all, as it really shouldn't be that big. But I just might create a family in CAS to move into the lot and try from scratch with them.
    Post edited by ciane on
    Hi @ciane Didn't get to the computer yesterday (my husband's off: he was dealing with the tax return, the accounts...in his heroic way!) but I got on here this morning. Did resetSim on all of them - no change at all to the file size :/ Don't know what's happened there at all or why - no cc in the build or in them, so can't explain it...Really sorry! This was meant to be a quick nice play, not a huge problem at all.
    edited January 2019
    My only other thought is that you edit in CAS all the sims and share an unplayed family Forester, so they'd look the same and share the sister relationship where appropriate or just be roommates otherwise. Then, if you tell me what traits they had, I can work on those first.
    @ciane I re-made them (close enough, and with the relationships right) and this time the file came out much smaller, so here's the link https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9278008
    Hope this one works!
    Much smaller file size. I too really hope this one works, but I think it will.
    edited January 2019
    That file did the same as all the others. It installs and creates a dcbackup file, but no library file. It shows and says installed until you reopen the launcher, and then it's sitting there waiting to install. I'm thinking the only way I can get the family is to have them all uploaded as sims from CAS. And, even then, I'm wondering if it will work as I was sure that editing the sims in CAS and then recreating the family would work. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to create Forester look-a-likes. Thanks for doing all you did.

I found this:
    https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/downloaded-sims-and-houses-cant-be-installed.html

So, I'm just going to try moving the dcbackup file that was created to the library. Hopefully, it'll work without changing numbers. IT DID!!! I can start playing them tomorrow! Thank you!
    Post edited by ciane on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top