Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone having this trouble? Involving the hamster and sim mastering sleep standing.

Today I was playing the sims 4 and I had my sim try to interact with the hamster. Thing is that hamster would not stop running on it's wheel (Somehow sent me a postcard lol) and my sim will just stand there and be waiting and other things he would like to go do just stack up and stay that way even when I cross them out (Including whatever I am having want to do with the hamster. It even shows him sleeping when he is still standing there. (Now that is talent.) Also, I think the radio is haunted. I turn it off and it turns back on. Now I did the reset sim thing many times and many times it will happen again. So, I decided to just close out and it got stuck saving so had to do the thing where you stop it from running. I did a repair thing and I think it might be fixed but it late at night and I just to tired to even find out.

Comments

• Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have that bug too. My pet rat gets stuck running on the wheel and my sim can't interact with him. My pet rat ended up dying of starvation because of being stuck on the wheel, so be careful that it doesn't happen in your game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm going to do some testing later without my mods, and if I can figure out how to trigger the bug, then I'll make a report on AHQ.
  • Sasskitten02Sasskitten02 Posts: 101 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I have that bug too. My pet rat gets stuck running on the wheel and my sim can't interact with him. My pet rat ended up dying of starvation because of being stuck on the wheel, so be careful that it doesn't happen in your game.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm going to do some testing later without my mods, and if I can figure out how to trigger the bug, then I'll make a report on AHQ.

Mods would be the custom made stuff that didn't come with the games right? If so I don't have any of those. I just stick with what the game gives me. My niece once downloaded some custom things and one day her computer started messing up turned out she download something that had a virus with it.
  • shnailehshnaileh Posts: 10 New Member
    I have that bug too :(
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yep, it happens occasionally, although it has never gotten so bad that my rat died of starvation. At first I thought it was a problem with simulation lag because that sim lives in a San Myshuno apartment, but your sims with small pets aren't all living in apartments, are they?
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I also had that bug once. My bubaloo got struck in his cage when he died from old age.
    I had to delete the cage from that household and then restart the game to bring my Sims back to normal interacting. Luckily it didn't happen again since.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've had 3 hamsters starve to death this past week alone, and I never received the warning message that they were hungry until AFTER they'd died. I've now removed all hamster cages from my houses.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member

Yup, same here :/ My whole game locks up and I have to go to desktop to exit it. No more rodents for me until it is solved.
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    edited January 2019
    Evie0602 wrote: »

This is happening to me, too! My poor child Sim keeps coming home from school to the "same" hamster... but really it's like the fifth or so.
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited January 2019
    Can everyone who has this bug please go to the AHQ thread about it and press the me too button and maybe add a comment as well. :)
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-MFPSP-Rodent-Cage-Breaks-Game-After-Deleting-It/td-p/7259787
  • StevieSaysStevieSays Posts: 207 Member
    I have the same issue, as well as sims “freezing” when they’re trying to use the cage. Then when I delete it, I’m not able to click on anything and trying to save is stuck. Super annoying.
  • duhrection_duhrection_ Posts: 1 New Member
    I was having this issue and couldn't figure out what was going on. It seems I had some custom content conflicting with custom traits. I tested all folders (I have mine sorted clothes, hair, furniture etc.) and took traits out and it ran fine. Removing the rodent cage didn't break my game and seems to have stopped the standing queue. (When this was going on my game wouldn't pause or let me switch between characters. Also MCCOMMAND told me something was conflicting all of a sudden when adding clothes and accessories I thought were fine.) I had the traits in well before the new clothes I added, so I guess two were fighting and just one of them needed to be removed. I decided to just remove the traits (was only a few haha).

Not sure if this will work for you but my game is running okay now. Hope it helps! Otherwise I have noooo idea and can only assume it's an EA script error that only few are encountering. Or if it's just triggered by certain mods. Whatever the issue my game seems (only have run it for a few minutes but I can pause and switch characters, no MCCOMMAND notification that a file was broken.) to be going good.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    I'm having this bug, both the sims freezing after interacting with the rodent and the game freezing after deleting the cage problem.

On Q&A forums there is a workaround: If a famous sim donates the cage it disappears without causing a freeze. This requires GF and a three star celebrity with a good reputation. I haven't tested this, but maybe it helps somebody.

My own workaround was to move all furniture from the room with the rodent into household inventory, except for the cage. Then delete the room in build mode. Afterwards I put everything back where it was and the game didn't freeze. Obviously this works only if you have very simply furnished rooms that you can quickly re-furnish. (In my case it was an apartment kitchen.)
  • Kamiyama_SatoruKamiyama_Satoru Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issue as a lot of you. I haven't even attempted to delete my cage in fear I'll break something.

I've only had TheSims4 for 3 days!

I have however found that also Debugging the cage sometimes fixes things for a bit. If not I just keep debugging my sim but it makes my game crash and lag like crazy after a while.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

I have Cats & Dogs and My First Pet installed on my game and I've disabled all mods but got Custom Content on cos of clothing items and stuff.