Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to 'use laptop here'?

I see sims sitting on the ground with their laptops all the time. From googling I found you're supposed to be able to click on the floor and choose 'use laptop here'. Can't get that option to come up. I've tried different laptops, different places, nothing. Anyone have any idea?

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I've seen that before. I think by clicking on the laptop. Or maybe it's a self interaction. I don't ever recall seeing it by clicking on the ground.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I did try clicking on the laptop, at which point I started googling. :) Just tried clicking on the sim and it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited December 2018
    Worked for me. For a sim on the world lot and 2 other sims on a community. All 3 sims had both an option on the laptop (in inventory) and as a self-interaction. There are 2 tones to using the laptop here: surf web and play games. Wiki says UL is required. There was no interaction by clicking on the ground that I saw. I didn't try at the home lot (my sims are on vacation in Bridgeport and are staying at a base camp which is technically a community lot), that might be different.

edit: 2 sims had the laptop from UL, the other had the base game one.

edit2: I loaded up an older save back in the homeworld and they have both interactions on the home lot. I also use NRaas GoHere which add a 'Go To And..." interaction by clicking on the ground. One of the choices was to "Use Laptop Here". I'll have to try without GoHere installed and see what ground interactions I have.

edit3: Without GoHere there's no ground interaction to 'use laptop here' at all. Still have the self-interaction and the option on the laptop directly. Sorry, I don't have any advice to get the interaction to show up.
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @TreyNutz Thank you. I'll run get GoHere. Thought I already had it. :)