Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    In my current save Jason (genie) and Josh have had their first child, a daughter. I thought Josie was a Josh clone initially but when I looked at her in CAS when she aged up to child I realized she had Jason's eyes.
    46087588552_b0a2624eb6_o.jpg
    31219593517_fd00a88343_o.jpg
    44378646320_57dce5cf2d_o.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Deshong04 Thanks for sharing pics of your sims and their kids :)
    When you say "grandfather's lip shape", what do you mean? Is it possible that they inherited the mouth from the mother but, because male and female features look slightly different even with the same slider positions, that they actually inherited the mother's mouth? I could be wrong but I am fairly sure that facial features come only from the parents but colouring can come from the grandparents.
    After raising about 70 kids in the game and playing 21 generarions I can confirm this. Features always come directly from the parents. It isn’t always clear though, because features can look differently for males and females. So a son can inherit his mother’s mouth, but you may not be aware of that. Also the shape of a face can make a mouth look slightly different.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • wsteffi30wsteffi30 Posts: 115 Member

@Mikezumi Thanks. When I plan the game again I'll get pictures of the kids. Your sims are both very attractive but then your sims always are. Josie was cute as a toddler.
    My boys had a son today, Jaxon. He's pretty scary looking but will grow up well :D He's a genie, like Jason. He is mostly Josh but has Jason's mouth so far as I can tell.
    46253749021_6a9d146431_o.jpg
    edited December 2018
    And he’s inherited Jason’s colour, like his sister <3
    (attractive males often make scary toddlers in the game)
    5JZ57S6.png
    @JoAnne65 It's so true! I rarely have cute toddlers in my game but I live with it knowing how they will grow up ;) Thanks :)
  • bebasimbebasim Posts: 581 Member
    @bebasim Your family looks great so far! I would never have thought to start a save with Erin Kennedy but I like what you did with her!
    Sorry about your game corruption :( Do you have any idea what caused the corruption? I hope you can get to the bottom of it and fix it up soon *hugs*

Thank you @MikeZumi i have gone through everything and it still causing me issues :( I managed one chapter of my story and it went all haywire on me again :'(
    I'm currently sims4 or the time being... until i get the courage to delete sims3 all over again and slowly put it all on, i think it's a cc that is corrupting my game but finding it through 1000+ cc's and loads of mods.. will take me a long time. However i do like to come back to your posts to see how your families are going <3
    @bebasim What a shame that your game is giving you so much trouble :( I have never tried TS4 and don't really have a desire to but, as I see it, simming is simming and I hope you are having fun :)
    You don't uninstall do you? If you want to start again just remove your The Sims 3 folder and the game will generate another one. You can then put your CC back a little at a time, testing as you do, until you work out what's bad.
    @bebasim What a shame that your game is giving you so much trouble :( I have never tried TS4 and don't really have a desire to but, as I see it, simming is simming and I hope you are having fun :)
    You don't uninstall do you? If you want to start again just remove your The Sims 3 folder and the game will generate another one. You can then put your CC back a little at a time, testing as you do, until you work out what's bad.

@Mikezumi - Thank you i did try that and it seems to have hick uped again.. but will defiantly do it again, i need to get it running as i do miss 3, To be honest I wasn't a fan of 4 either but since I've started and got some help with how to do things I'm actually enjoying it. :)
    The sims have much more life than sims3 however i find i have less control of them.. it reminds me of an upgraded version of sims2 to be honest, with added features of course.

On the note of sims4 here is my ISBI challenge generation that I'm working on, you're SPOT ON SIMMING IS SIMMING NO MATTER WHAT WE PLAY :kissing_smiling_eyes:

maingentree1.jpg
    @bebasim That's a great looking family!
    From what I have read TS4 is not really my cup of tea. I am too spoiled where an open world is concerned and, with Nraas mods, TS3 is the perfect game for the way I play :)
    Good luck getting TS3 up and running again!
    @bebasim and @mikezumi I prefer Sims 3 myself as well. Like @bebasim, I feel like the Sims 4 is an upgraded version of the Sims 2. I played the Sims 2 but I couldn't get into it. I had the same problem when I did the trial version of the Sims 4. I couldn't get into it.
    edited December 2018
    bebasim wrote: »

@Mikezumi - Thank you i did try that and it seems to have hick uped again.. but will defiantly do it again, i need to get it running as i do miss 3, To be honest I wasn't a fan of 4 either but since I've started and got some help with how to do things I'm actually enjoying it. :)
    The sims have much more life than sims3 however i find i have less control of them.. it reminds me of an upgraded version of sims2 to be honest, with added features of course.

On the note of sims4 here is my ISBI challenge generation that I'm working on, you're SPOT ON SIMMING IS SIMMING NO MATTER WHAT WE PLAY :kissing_smiling_eyes:

maingentree1.jpg
    Their animations (TS4) are more smooth, that’s absolutely true, but I actually like the more neutral sims in TS3, because - I think that’s the reason anyway - they leave more room for interpreting their feelings and thoughts. Not in a way that they are without emotion, actually their emotions are quite clear, but in a more subtle way. Sims in 1 and 2 are quirky, in 3 they’re more serious and in 4 they are cartoony. They all have life imo, it’s just a different approach and I think it’s personal preference how you value the sims in the different versions.
    wsteffi30 wrote: »
    @bebasim and @mikezumi I prefer Sims 3 myself as well. Like @bebasim, I feel like the Sims 4 is an upgraded version of the Sims 2. I played the Sims 2 but I couldn't get into it. I had the same problem when I did the trial version of the Sims 4. I couldn't get into it.
    I recognize that and for me it’s the open world. Jumping from one scene to the other for some reason breaks immersion and involvement for me. I love the cohesion of the world my sim lives in, I’m constantly aware of that. For me it’s essential where it comes to life simulation.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I started playing the Grisby family in Riverview, you know with big ears and big noses. Interesting genetics. Funny how the mom would like to have five children but they only have one. Afraid to start an uglacy? I wonder if I should let her have one more kid... ;)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    I agree with you all sims3 is the BOMB!!! If they do another sims upgrade they really need to incorporate the sims3 moving with the sims through the world, it's what i love in sims3 not the stagnant house life or break screening it to a location, this is a pet hate of mine with sims2.. however saying this... sims4 has it's perks too... they can sing, their dancing is not as intimate as sims3 and their woohoo is like what the heck was that.. but there are mods and stuff... to spice it up.

I do agree they do look more cartoon in looks in sims4, non the less it's sims.. and although the Nraas mods are GOLD i wouldn't play sims 3 without them, i am enjoying sims4.

@Mikezumi - thank you I'll be back to sims3 in the new year i do miss my hybrids... and various supernaturals.

@JoAnne65 - i agree re the emotions... sims3 have that extra that sims4 is lacking sadly... i didn't want to touch sims4 for a long time... but since i have i am not regretting it, actually enjoying it, i probably am as i'm doing the ISBI challenge and not controlling them to failing is fun. I also did a short challenge where they get sent off to the jungle and they all died but one.. so it's funny to watch if you don't care about them... sadly this ISBI challenge i've gotten to love my characters now, cried when Don Lothario died. I still haven't had the heart to go into game as my sim lost both his parents within a minute of each other.

Like Mikezumi said Simming is simming regardless what era we play :smiley:
    edited December 2018
    Hejix wrote: »
    I started playing the Grisby family in Riverview, you know with big ears and big noses. Interesting genetics. Funny how the mom would like to have five children but they only have one. Afraid to start an uglacy? I wonder if I should let her have one more kid... ;)
    Would be funny to start a legacy with a physical trademark like that and continue that trademark over all the following generations.

@bebasim I play two vampire sisters in TS4 and I’m also enjoying them. TS3 is very addictive for me somehow though and I find it hard to play both games side by side. So the sisters will have to wait for now ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Yes, I'll try to make it at least to gen. 3. Maybe even try the short life span, to breed the Sims faster (or I'll never make it past gen. 2)!
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    Hejix wrote: »
    Yes, I'll try to make it at least to gen. 3. Maybe even try the short life span, to breed the Sims faster (or I'll never make it past gen. 2)!
    I like the Grisby’s, they’re cute :blush: Plus you get to play in Riverview, which is a big pro as well. Good luck!
    5JZ57S6.png
    @Hejix Have fun with the Grisby family :) Looking forward to seeing how the genetics pan out :)
    Jason (a genie) and Josh have two kids, a girl and a boy. The girl, Josie, aged up to teen today. She is mostly Josh but has Jason's eyes.

Jason
    45266319264_dc7f230a07_o.jpg

Josh
    32045075008_986652873a_o.jpg

Jason got a change of hair and clothes
    46087588552_b0a2624eb6_o.jpg
    Josie
    32690695018_c359952d64_o.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited January 2019
    Is this too old to revive? I'll risk the necromancy. Honestly, I'd like to see this thread kept current.

This was unplanned, but welcome. Two of my Sims, long-time boyfriends (and teen fairy cabana boys to my Werewolf kingpin, Logan), finally whoopsed to the point that they had a baby.

gyzlILW.jpg

I married them off, realized Logan's house was no place for kids, aged them up and moved them out.

np2otQ8.jpg

This is their (older) offspring, Zowie. I plan to pair him off with my werewolf kid, Max, when they're teens.

JVPP0Lu.jpg

While I was shuffling them around, I sneaked a peek at his adult features via Edit in CAS (ignore the random clothes).

PbjzgrR.jpg

I think he'll do! :D
    @Sindocat I post in this thread every time I have new kids to show so it's not necro'd.
    Zowie looks great! What features did he get from each father?

I'm at the beginning of generation four. I'm just trying to play the game and get more than three generations before I quit playing. This is the father.
    Ftin1Px.png
    This is the mother.
    7JPA0Jh.jpg
    These are the only two children they've had. The parents are both about to be elders so I don't see them having more children but you never know. The son just aged to young adult.
    tyvZ6YE.jpg
    The daughter just aged to a teenager.
    OjnQbv5.jpg

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    @Sindocat I post in this thread every time I have new kids to show so it's not necro'd.
    Zowie looks great! What features did he get from each father?

That is Tavie (pink dad's) jaw-line, wing color, skin-tone and eye-color. But Tino (blue dad's) hair color, and possibly his nose. When he and Max are teens, it'll be the first chance I have had to pair blondes.
    wsteffi30 wrote: »

I'm at the beginning of generation four. I'm just trying to play the game and get more than three generations before I quit playing. This is the father.
    Ftin1Px.png
    This is the mother.
    7JPA0Jh.jpg
    These are the only two children they've had. The parents are both about to be elders so I don't see them having more children but you never know. The son just aged to young adult.
    tyvZ6YE.jpg
    The daughter just aged to a teenager.
    OjnQbv5.jpg

Stunning children i really love how they have both got a nice mix of the parents.. the mother is <3