Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have a major problem!

Ever since the GF patch, some mods show up and some don't which did before the patch. I'm very confused, all the mods I have been updated yet some show up and some don't...I had all of icemunmun's wonderful food and harvestable mods and nothing shows in my game even though it is in my mods folder. Can someone give me a clue as to how to get these mods to show up?
In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Hello
    Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.

Also, with script mods, they can’t be more than one folder level down in your mods folder. You need to place the script mods either directly into the mods folder, or only in one level/folder in the mods folder.
    For example, with the MCCC mod you can have
    Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods-MCCC
    But you can’t have Documents-Electronic Arts -Sims 4 -mods- Script mods- MCCC
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Hi Rose! Yes I do have One Drive. I've tried searching my entire computer for a mods folder and nothing showed up other than the one in EA. I don't nest my mods in folders, mostly they are all there in their package form.

I will investigate One Drive, thanks for the suggestion!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited December 2018
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Ever since the GF patch, some mods show up and some don't which did before the patch. I'm very confused, all the mods I have been updated yet some show up and some don't...I had all of icemunmun's wonderful food and harvestable mods and nothing shows in my game even though it is in my mods folder. Can someone give me a clue as to how to get these mods to show up?

Just to let you know, icemunmun has updated some of his food and harvestable mods: you can find the updated versions by logging into Mod the Sims, clicking on my Links, then selecting downloads. This will bring you to a list of items you have downloaded from Mod the Sims. If you wait for the page to fully load, you can sort that list of items in order of title, author (creator), game (Sims 2, 3, or 4), section (type of download), date originally uploaded by creator, date last updated by creator, date you last downloaded the content, whether you have all updates for the content, and whether you have thanked the content creator on MTS using the Thank button. You can also show only content that either you have the updates for or don't have the updates for, or content that either you have thanked or content you have not thanked. This last bit is useful for updating your custom content from MTS, unless the content creator pulled it entirely from the site (which has been the case with a few of my Sims 2 downloads) or for going back and thanking everyone you forgot to thank.

Finally, with the food mods by icemunmun, keep in mind they need TheFoodGroup's food mod to work properly. That one broke with the Get Famous patch, but a new one that works has been released since then.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.