Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poor gamepack

Sometimes, when you're short on money, you can write a best seller and be done with it. Or sell the window.

It's actually very hard to be poor in the sims without cheating.

I'd like a pack where you can lose your job anytime, try to do three jobs at once to meet the ends, work in a very weird job at odd hours, get ill, have your house flooded, you know, all these bad lucks that are life changing and give you a new direction. It would give a bit of challenge in the game where not everything would be perfect.

It would be a hardcore game. You could still turn it off to play casual.

I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I wish TS4 career chance cards could get sims fired and demoted more easily like in TS2. I miss the challenge in TS4. Everything is too easy.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited December 2018
    Agreed. I'd love a pack / patch that would add more challenge to the game. I want consequences. This is the reason I want the Burglar to return. So, things get taken. Just bought that brand new Wide Screen TV? There's a chance it could get taken and the 'bad guy' gets away because the cop didn't have high enough fitness skill. Then you got to save up to buy the TV again. And of course, it would be nice if more than one thing gets taken. Say a toilet and stove. Or your Fridge. Then you have to order take out. Lol

What would be even more awesome is if they had Sims visiting and some of those Sims were Klepto's and they just swiped something while your Sim is in another room. This would tank their reputation and maybe they couldn't swipe for a little while until they got the "heat" off them. But at least it would allow some challenges to the game where we'd want to keep that alarm system in our house.

Ohh and it would be neat if they could make it so that the alarm system could be "cheap" and faulty. And doesn't always work.. but you can upgrade it if you have handiness, or have it installed with a Handyman service. It gets more expensive to get the top-notch system for your house though.

I suppose there is always a dog that you could train to keep the burglars out, and that could be cheaper, but your dog would have to have a high skill. And more security the more difficult it could be for said npc's to snatch things. And this could be added to your 'bills' that you have to pay to make it even more things to use Simoleans for.

But that's just my little ideas about it. They could do something more to add other consequences to the game, but some new stuff needs to be added, because it's too easy. :(
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I wish they'd bring dumpster diving back.
    It'd be nice to be able to 'rescue' furniture, stuff that you can sell as is, or 'fix up' and sell for a higher price.

Rather than a poor pack, I'd rather a tiny house pack. On that is about down scaling, saving money, DIY, self employment, etc.

I wish there was a setting to make it harder to get jobs. It'd be great if it came with an education pack. It'd be great if certain jobs were only available for sims who have completed the right path at uni.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    It'd be nice to be able to 'rescue' furniture, stuff that you can sell as is, or 'fix up' and sell for a higher price.

Rather than a poor pack, I'd rather a tiny house pack. On that is about down scaling, saving money, DIY, self employment, etc.

I wish there was a setting to make it harder to get jobs. It'd be great if it came with an education pack. It'd be great if certain jobs were only available for sims who have completed the right path at uni.

Pretty sure we already have that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

no we don't.. only NPC (ie "stans") can go through the trash..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Sim_Man17Sim_Man17 Posts: 173 Member
    edited December 2018
    This thread reminds me of one of my previous threads from way back. I suggested that EA and Maxis should create a Game Pack that revolves around living the life of rags. Living in Dumpsters, receiving welfare, and begging. I do agree. The whole living in the lap of luxury style gets pretty old. Not all sims should be fortunate and/or clever enough to rise on top of the money mountain. If we want our Sims to be a bit more realistic of course.
  • PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

you can rummage through trash, I've seen it on rags to riches LPs
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

you can rummage through trash, I've seen it on rags to riches LPs

and rummaging in the trash isn't dumpster diving there's a difference.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Cee098Cee098 Posts: 1 New Member
    I totally agree. It can get boring sometimes bc it’s very easy to achieve things in the game. Need more of a challenge!
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Yes I agree, everything else in this game now is too easy to achieve. Back then, before S4 was launched, I mentioned I want the option "have a quick meal to remove" I want sims to go to the grocery store to buy food, you can either grow your own crops or work hard in life to buy food just like real life. But I guessing EA is saying otherwise. "if this game is too hard, nobody wants to play my game" I need this game to mimic real life as close as possible. If I want a ham n cheese sandwich, I've to go to the store to get ingredients or order online rather than go to the fridge and pull out a plate of sandwich, correct me if I'm wrong EA.

The Sims Game
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If you are up to using mods a way to make life more interesting is to use MC Command Center. There is an option to increase the bills. I use this myself to give my sims a bit of a challenge.

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_cmd_center

Bill_Amount_Percent

"Increases or decreases the weekly bill amount that must be paid by the active family when living in a house. 0 = No changes. -100 would be negative 100% of the normal bills…so that would make the bills each week be $0 unless child support is enabled. 100 would be positive 100% of the normal bills, so double the normal bill amount. This can go all the way up to 1000% if you're crazy or don't like electricity or something."