Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the Vault Operational in Community Lots?

Haven’t had time to play the game lately, but at the same time haven’t seen anyone asking this. Has anyone tried to put the vault in a community lot and see if it can act as a faux-bank?

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the vaults are a personal item in that the first sim that "claims" it is the only one that can open/close it. I don't know how this would work on a community lot. It would probably work as decor with the "bank manager" being the sim who claims it. Or, maybe, you could do a Gringott's Bank type thing with many vaults that different sims could claim. Sounds like a little experimentation is called for.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I put a bunch of vaults in rich pre-made sims homes and had them put money in them so my criminal sims could rob them (so much fun breaking into them - sometimes they fail and the alarms go off and they get hit with sleeping gas and pass out! The sims in the house though don't even do anything when the alarms go off and it would be more fun if they could get arrested).
    I was going to put some vaults on community lots like museums and retail lots too but I did not think that would work as no one "owns" those lots so no one would be able to put money in them. I suppose it might be possible to just put another sim in the game that sets up a business and puts a vault on it to see if that sim could put money in it.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I made a "bank" zoned as a park with 2 hallways of vaults with several of the GTW front desks with computers and had several families put their excess money in. You have to be careful to make sure they can cover their bills, but for all purposes it does function like a bank.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I made a "bank" zoned as a park with 2 hallways of vaults with several of the GTW front desks with computers and had several families put their excess money in. You have to be careful to make sure they can cover their bills, but for all purposes it does function like a bank.

Good to hear. Thanks.
    So, I went ahead and tried setting up a 'bank'. I put a sim in my game as a banker and he set up a retail lot and put vaults on it. He put his own money in the vaults and my sims were able to break in and steal the money in them :smiley:
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    This sounds like so much fun! :lol:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    So... is the money accessible for anyone? Or are only the sims who made the deposits able to access the cash? Does it state whose money it is when you click on it?
    So... is the money accessible for anyone? Or are only the sims who made the deposits able to access the cash? Does it state whose money it is when you click on it?

Only the sim who locked the door could open each vault, Sims don't seem to break in autonomously. No, it doesn't seem to say whos vault is whos, but it does only allow you to open your own vault without breaking in.
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Wow! Thanks you guys for the tests and response! I’m glad to read that the vault can actually act as a bank vault on community lots.
    @fallenangel66 I did see a sim autonomously breaking into one of the vaults I put in on a retail lot that I set up as a bank when my sims went there to break into them. Did not let him finish as I was not sure if he would steal the money or not and I wanted my sims to get the money so one of my sims interrupted him and stopped him. Likely sims with the kleptomaniac trait or maybe the evil trait may break in autonomously.
    @AprilDawn thats good to know! Thank you!!! :):):)