Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Digitalistic Sketchpad and the Painter career.

So just and minor observation and slight annoyance but why doesn't painting on the digitalistic sketchpad count towards the "create paintings" task of the painter career? It seems kind of a silly thing not to do as more and more artist are turning to digital painting over physical, my self included.

I got really excited when the sketchpad was introduced that I would be able to create a more accurate version of my sim-self and be a digital artist and take up the painter career without the easel as its big, takes up a lot of space and I've never liked to paint traditionally.

However, If using the sketchpad doesn't count towards career tasking then I guess I have to have an easel after all and kind of makes the sketchpad pointless and disappointing in my eyes.
All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
fN2f7ds.png

Comments

• thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I agree that paintings on the sketchpad should count towards the painting career tasks.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Lack of integration has always been a concern. Unfortunately, that concern has been realized again and again. It's as if the creators of certain objects are working in isolation. They seem to have no knowledge of the features and functions that already exist within the game.

EA seriously needs to stop outsourcing the work. Keep production in-house in order to create a more cohesive product. Either that, or hire someone whose job it is to ensure that all of those ends meet.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Lack of integration has always been a concern. Unfortunately, that concern has been realized again and again. It's as if the creators of certain objects are working in isolation. They seem to have no knowledge of the features and functions that already exist within the game.

EA seriously needs to stop outsourcing the work. Keep production in-house in order to create a more cohesive product. Either that, or hire someone whose job it is to ensure that all of those ends meet.

they *do* keep it in-house. Why do you think they say "Sim Guru so and so made X content for (Pack)* in the Livestreams?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    Interesting kupo~ I was considering getting a sketch pad for testing. Like, to see the prices compared to easels. Or how long it takes in comparison to painting. Or the chances at getting a masterpiece. Or maybe if one could make internet comics and other digital art. My sim has already mastered the real however, so I wouldn't have noticed if they did or didnt count toward work or aspiration goals... I was just interested in having something convenient I could carry around if my sim wanted to paint, sort of the same reason I got some earbuds for her too.
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Maybe it's just bugged. Some aspiration tasks and work tasks got bugged after the GF patch.

I'd also like to point out that the sketch pad currently doesn't allow multitasking. My sims keep putting it down when other sims autonomously start a conversation.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello
    This AHQ EA thread link is for the issue that using the sketch pad doesn’t register for the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration goals. You may also like to post that doing paintings on it doesn’t register for the painting career also.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Digital-Sketch-Pad-not-fulfilling-Painter-Extraordinaire/m-p/7180422#M77353
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2018
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »

they *do* keep it in-house. Why do you think they say "Sim Guru so and so made X content for (Pack)* in the Livestreams?

I was under the impression that some of the stuff was outsourced to designers that are not part of EA. Thank you for the correction.

Yet, that makes it worse, doesn't it? EA creates objects totally in-house, yet, the objects don't integrate with the preexisting systems unless and until the community starts to complain about the clear oversight.

It happens too often and it smacks of poor management and a lack of a clear, overarching vision for the game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    @Sigzy05 That's a possibility, I've posted the issue on the AHQ EA so lets see if anything comes of it.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    @rosemow I've done as you suggested rosemow, thank you as always.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    This AHQ EA thread link is for the issue that using the sketch pad doesn’t register for the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration goals. You may also like to post that doing paintings on it doesn’t register for the painting career also.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Digital-Sketch-Pad-not-fulfilling-Painter-Extraordinaire/m-p/7180422#M77353

This~

I'm closing this thread now and would suggest other folks happening upon this follow rosemow's sage advice. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top