The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aspirations you want in sims 4

I want more fitness aspirations
and more animal aspirations
as well as more child aspirations
because I don't think there is enough of any of these
and I would like to know what kinds of aspirations you guys want
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    A paranormal aspiration could be cool
    Also more evil aspirations maybe? I would love one that gives you a trait to start fires just like the Pyro trait in Sims 3.

And building more on the animal aspiration it could reward a trait to control your pet like a regular sim.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    a grandparent aspiration would be cool
    Vampris wrote: »
    A paranormal aspiration could be cool
    Also more evil aspirations maybe? I would love one that gives you a trait to start fires just like the Pyro trait in Sims 3.

And building more on the animal aspiration it could reward a trait to control your pet like a regular sim.

I like the Pyro trait idea I want a burglar aspiration reward trait master thief makes it easier to steal things
    and a martial arts one to reward trait never lose a fight
    a love one reward trait never cheats
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Definitely yes to more aspirations for children. They should have at least half as many as the adults imo.
    edited May 2019
    Definitely yes to more aspirations for children. They should have at least half as many as the adults imo.

or at least more then 4
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I would like more child aspirations, and I'm surprised the Parenthood doesn't come with any. Some more toddler traits would be nice, and maybe even an aspiration we can give them once they reach a certain thinking skill or something. Just something! This and Parenthood, as well as the child-related stuff packs, would make me a family player. Actually, I don't think I need the toddler aspiration. Scratch that.
    funny-gifs20.gif

I would like more child aspirations, and I'm surprised the Parenthood doesn't come with any. Some more toddler traits would be nice, and maybe even an aspiration we can give them once they reach a certain thinking skill or something. Just something! This and Parenthood, as well as the child-related stuff packs, would make me a family player. Actually, I don't think I need the toddler aspiration. Scratch that.

I think I would enjoy a toddler aspiration good idea @nerdfashion
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I really want a truly nerdy aspiration, like winning at voidcritters, collecting nerdy stuff like mysims trophies/voidcritter cards/snowglobes, watching all the movies, reading a set number of books, becoming level 10 at video games... things like that.

Another kids aspiration would be good too, and a small toddler one as well. And even one for elder sims, like mastering 2-3 skills, having a grandchild and helping raise them... something like that.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    agree totally with child aspirations.

Also would like aspirations for alien sims - might encourage me to play them more.
    edited May 2019
    Becka28 wrote: »
    agree totally with child aspirations.

Also would like aspirations for alien sims - might encourage me to play them more.

I agree more for aliens is needed how about something like et call home aspiration find away to call the mother ship
    @Becka28
  • craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I would like a daredevil/ adrenaline junkie aspiration. this could be released with some extreme sports equipment. the aspiration reward would be "fight with death" when you die you are given the chance to fight death for the right to stay alive.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Toddlers could have an aspiration to become a dog/cat when they grow up.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Not sure about more child aspirations -- they're basically geared toward preparing Sims for teen+. I'd like to see a few teen specific aspirations; there are some aspirations that can be completed as a teen (especially if you play on Long lifespan) but I'd like some that actually feel more geared to teens.

I was disappointed that Spa Day didn't come with any sort of Wellness aspiration -- reward could have been something like Total Zen which would allow Sims to banish all negative and potentially fatal emotional states by simply meditating.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    I would like a daredevil/ adrenaline junkie aspiration. this could be released with some extreme sports equipment. the aspiration reward would be "fight with death" when you die you are given the chance to fight death for the right to stay alive.

that one would be really cool and I really like the reward @craftaholic
    edited May 2019
    Not sure about more child aspirations -- they're basically geared toward preparing Sims for teen+. I'd like to see a few teen specific aspirations; there are some aspirations that can be completed as a teen (especially if you play on Long lifespan) but I'd like some that actually feel more geared to teens.

I was disappointed that Spa Day didn't come with any sort of Wellness aspiration -- reward could have been something like Total Zen which would allow Sims to banish all negative and potentially fatal emotional states by simply meditating.

me to I think there should have been one like you said @stilljustme2
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    Edited: base game only aspirations

Toddler - Grow up aspiration
    To get some skills (not max) and age up

For kids they could potentially expand the creative, mental ones with more levels or have others themed on them but focused on other activities.
    I.e.
    Storyteller (creative based)
    - tell story
    - narrate dolls
    - write doll story
    - tell unbelievable story
    - tell group story
    Musical prodigy
    - Play instrument(s)
    - reach level 4/5 of a instrument skill (so max creative plus 5 more)
    - Write songs

Kid geek (mental)
    - play games
    - collect my sims
    - watch cartoons
    - make fanart
    - breed frogs

Kids and teens aspiration
    Rebel (mischief)

Teen plus aspirations
    Geek culture
    - play games
    - cosplay
    - collect my SIM trophies
    - watch superhero flicks
    - wear merch (introduce hoodies with game icons)

Elder aspiration- relax
    - Retire
    - fish
    - play card game (or add bingo)
    - visit family
    - garden
    - visit museum/park

Other base game ones building on patched stuff, tasks similar to building skills and job requirements

Food
    Homemade cooking (cooking for family etc, no requirement to join culinary, reward idea is a "home sweet soup" recipe that cures illness/reduce need drop)

Creative
    Picture perfect (photography)
    Stylist Superstar (stylist job)
    Digital Visionary (freelance artist job)
    Well-paced Writer (freelance writer)

Knowledge
    Botanist Brain (botanist branch gardening)
    Programming Prodigy (freelance programmer)

Popularity
    Trendsetter (stylist trendsetter branch)

Post edited by CaityTrina on
    caitytrina.png
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Patch worthy aspirations
    Aspirations that would be patched into an EP, GP or SP. Most are self explanatory, goals with tasks aligning to careers, skills and such, but it'd make sims more individual having different goals (a good critic with a foodie aspiration without having to quit and join culinary). I'll add a note to any that seems vague but most are

Animal Aspirations
    Dr Do Lot (C&D) - Run successful vet
    Rodent Bud (MFP) - Look after pet, good relation ship, cure fever, collect postcard)

Active Aspirations
    Wellness Wonder (Spaday)
    Basketball Pro (CL)

Food Aspirations
    Culinary Critic (CL)
    Bread Winner (GTW) baking skill

Creative Aspirations
    Cultural artist (CL) - graffiti, poster collection
    Art critic (CL)

Wealth Aspirations
    Entrepreneur (GTW) - successful retail, string of good profit, happy employers
    Restaurateur (Dine) - above with addition of star ranking and impressing critic successfully

Nature Aspirations
    Void Critter Master (Kid) - Collect all(complete voidex), get x limited editions, train to X level, win battles

Popular Aspirations
    Social media star (CL)
    Influencer (GF)
    Political Power (CL)

caitytrina.png
    @CaityTrina your ideas are great
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I'm a little surprised that Get To Work didn't come with any new aspirations because I can think of several off the top of my head:

1) Knowledge / Alien Scientist: Finding out as much as possible about aliens and their world. Tasks include:
    - Have a certain amount of alien friends
    - Join the Scientist career
    - Build the Rocket Science skill
    - Travel to Sixam
    - Find a certain amount of alien collectibles
    Reward trait "Not of this world": Your sim always recognises aliens in disguise and can easily make friends with them, space travels are more likely to be successful and yield rare collectibles.
    Note: It may seem like this aspiration would only make sense for sims who aren't aliens, but it could also suit earth-born aliens who want to find out more about where their ancestors originally came from.

2) Fortune / Businessman or -woman: All about owning a successful store.
    - Open a retail store
    - Hire an employee
    - Buy a certain amout of retail perks
    - Earn a certain amount of money from your business
    Reward trait "Expert Salesman/-woman": Customers are drawn to your shop and are easily persuaded to buy your goods.
    Note: Could also work with restaurants instead of retail stores if Dine Out is installed.

Because why not? This would give me a reason to actually use the retail feature.
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    I'm a little surprised that Get To Work didn't come with any new aspirations because I can think of several off the top of my head:

1) Knowledge / Alien Scientist: Finding out as much as possible about aliens and their world. Tasks include:
    - Have a certain amount of alien friends
    - Join the Scientist career
    - Build the Rocket Science skill
    - Travel to Sixam
    - Find a certain amount of alien collectibles
    Reward trait "Not of this world": Your sim always recognises aliens in disguise and can easily make friends with them, space travels are more likely to be successful and yield rare collectibles.
    Note: It may seem like this aspiration would only make sense for sims who aren't aliens, but it could also suit earth-born aliens who want to find out more about where their ancestors originally came from.

2) Fortune / Businessman or -woman: All about owning a successful store.
    - Open a retail store
    - Hire an employee
    - Buy a certain amout of retail perks
    - Earn a certain amount of money from your business
    Reward trait "Expert Salesman/-woman": Customers are drawn to your shop and are easily persuaded to buy your goods.
    Note: Could also work with restaurants instead of retail stores if Dine Out is installed.

Because why not? This would give me a reason to actually use the retail feature.

YES!!!
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Love all these ideas. I'm always wanting aspirations based on skills that don't really have any attached--so, like, photography, wellness, baking, dancing, djing (those could be combined maybe). Basically, any time there's a new skill, I'd like it to come with an aspiration to explore it.

I definitely second more fitness, having just one seems ridiculous, especially when we have swimming and ice-skating RIGHT THERE. Also agree there could be a couple more animal ones, like a veterinarian aspiration and maybe a pet training aspiration. I'd also love shop owning and restaurant running aspirations, as well as at least 1 vampire aspiration that isn't about BECOMING a vampire, like a vampire slayer type thing.

Someone mentioned some kind of alien exploration aspiration, and I'd definitely like that. There was a modded aspiration for a UFO explorer type thing a while back that I loved, but I don't think it works anymore.

As for kids, I always thought it'd be kinda cool if completing one of the basic kid aspirations would unlock new ones. So, for example, once you completed the whiz kid aspiration, you could switch to one of the other 3 basic ones, OR now have the option to pursue, like, a "junior astronaut" or "chess wizard" aspiration. That would give motivation for developing those adult skills once you unlocked them (I also think the skills that are unlocked when the child skills are maxed should be expanded and revamped, but that's another topic). And completing it could maybe give a boost to certain careers later on or something.

I also kinda wish there were other location aspirations, like the one for San Myshuno but for other worlds, but that's admittedly a lower priority. Honestly, all these ideas here sound great, and I'd welcome any number of them.
    Well, at least there's a way to make custom aspirations until we get some of these.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Well, at least there's a way to make custom aspirations until we get some of these.

what way is that @nerdfashion
    @comicsforlife Zerbu's mod constructor version four. It doesn't work on Mac's though, so I can't use it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    That mod constructor thing is waaaay too complicated for me... I couldn't even create a simple custom trait. :'(