Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I miss from the older Sims

Sad_cat89Sad_cat89 Posts: 71 Member
Let me just start this conversation off by saying I am super sorry if this is in the wrong category or a repost of an earlier conversation.

Yesterday I read this article and it got me feeling slightly ripped off and then the power went out and I found myself scolding my ungrateful self :tongue:

And so now I am wondering what else do you miss?

I specifically miss the neighborhood customization, I would have eventually wanted to have a neighborhood with Sims from one bloodline with their spouses, an old money sort of thing. Like I can still do it, but like some neighborhoods only take 3 lots etc.

Comments

• boskos456boskos456 Posts: 66 Member
    edited December 2018
    I have to say, I've never played any sims games before sims 4, but I quite miss that I can't make a new neighbourhood/world. I'd like to make more tropical worlds and I don't know how, but I'd like to create an arctic world with aurora borealis....and I would make a sim named after this word in it. Maybe I would name this world as Frozen Field or Whiteflake village.
    I also miss other pets like I can make a horse like thing from dogs but I'd like to have bird like pets back.
    I also miss mermaids, farries and witches plus spiral staircases. Why do we not have these? I can imagine a game pack dedicated to these supernatural beings and maybe an update to staircases (with cinema seatings because I can't stand that my sims can't watch a movie from a foundation level)
    Post edited by boskos456 on
  • boskos456boskos456 Posts: 66 Member
    I think your post is a really good and creative and something that is always a thing people can always talk about. 😀(I can't imagine how I'm the first one to answer.)
  • KHippieKHippie Posts: 18 Member
    I'm also missing the open world feature. Building a world was a great experience in Sims 3.
    I missed the jokes in Sims 2. Like the World Leader was wearing only an ivy leave and going to work in helicopter. It was way more funny than any other versions.
    I miss the possibility to change styles on objects and clothes with the Create A Style. It complicated the creation of custom content but 🐸🐸🐸🐸, that was so powerful !
  • Sad_cat89Sad_cat89 Posts: 71 Member
    boskos456 wrote: »
    I have to say, I've never played any sims games before sims 4, but I quite miss that I can't make a new neighbourhood/world. I'd like to make more tropical worlds and I don't know how, but I'd like to create an arctic world with aurora borealis....and I would make a sim named after this word in it. Mayve I would name this world as Frozen Field or Whiteflake village.
    I also miss other pets like I can make a horse like thing from dogs but I'd like to have bird like pets back.
    I also miss mermaids, farries and witches plus spiral staircases. Why do we not have these? I can imagine a game pack dedicated to these supernatural beings and maybe an update to staircases (with cinema seatings because I can't stand that my sims can't watch a movie from a foundation level)

That sounds AMAZING!! And how great would that be to able to share it with other people that would like something like that but don't have the skills or the patience.
    The spiral staircases would be amazing. I am currently trying this thing where you build from blueprints and in a lot of the houses, I can't get the stairs right :disappointed:
    I think your post is a really good and creative and something that is always a thing people can always talk about. 😀(I can't imagine how I'm the first one to answer.)

Yay! Thank you, I think this topic was posted at a busy time for the other threads, especially with Get Famous' release.
    KHippie wrote: »
    I'm also missing the open world feature. Building a world was a great experience in Sims 3.
    I missed the jokes in Sims 2. Like the World Leader was wearing only an ivy leave and going to work in helicopter. It was way more funny than any other versions.
    I miss the possibility to change styles on objects and clothes with the Create A Style. It complicated the creation of custom content but plum, that was so powerful !

I feel like the humor was WAY better in the older ones, I like all the real world references in Sims 4, though. I also miss how you could do custom paintings (like add your own jpegs and then your sim would randomly paint a picture of your niece or dog or whatever).
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I miss the storytelling music in sims 1 and the piano's songs. The choice was eccentric but fitting at the same time.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • alyssad9918alyssad9918 Posts: 34 Member
    Agreed! I miss horses and birds, along with the small reptiles & the ability to find small pets out in the wild.
    And of course I miss the other supernaturals that haven't been added, mostly witches.
    giphy.gif
    origin ID: alyssad9918
  • RuinaRuina Posts: 20 Member
    I miss how hardcore The Sims 2 was. At times it was very annoying, but it posed a lot of challenge. The only Sims game where I had my sims accidentally die of hunger, that's really something.
  • poeticlandmermaidpoeticlandmermaid Posts: 39 Member
    Well number 1. the older sims soundtracks obviously.

But I also miss that when you had pets on (I believe TS3 or 2?) They didn't count as family members. TS4 its sort of a waste of a spot and you can't even play as it
    xbeou9.jpg
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    @Ruina Me too, I love every little thing about Sims 2 except the outdated and limited engine and graphics. If the developers take notes outta Sims 2's book I'll gladly throw my money at them. I'll chase them with my entire savings account if I have to!
    I must've played these games ages ago, I can barely remember the Sims 1. I know I played it, but I don't remember it. hahaha. Looked it up on Yotube and now I miss those cut screens and intro movies :smile:
    @Shepard now I feel dumb. hahaha. I have just been throwing money at them, regardless :tongue:
    But I think, gameplay and storywise was the best
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    @Sad_cat89 me too, haha! Yeah, but if they want our genuine APPRECIATION and DEVOTION they have to give us our Sims 2 stuff in Sims 4, lol.
    @Shepard I would buy their games and not complain about it :tongue:
    My husband's annoyed at the costs, he plays Dota 2, which is free to play and gets a compendium every so often which is a quarter of the price for Sims. I sometimes feel ashamed, however, I don't have online friends that I can game with and so I Sim :lol:
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    edited December 2018
    I miss the therapist and the social bunny from TS2.

The headmaster - I loved the challenge of getting my kids into private school. :)

BIRDS from literally every game except TS4. (My boyfriend and I have a parakeet).

My boyfriend has never played Sims, so he's always asking me "Can Sims do this...?" My response is 99.9% "In The Sims 2 and/or 3." He's come to expect it by now. Yet, I play The Sims 4 mainly because I love CAS more than anything. :/ I spend half my time playing in it. In no other game have I felt like changing my sims' outfits basically every sim day.
    I miss the therapist and the social bunny from TS2.

The headmaster - I loved the challenge of getting my kids into private school. :)

BIRDS from literally every game except TS4. (My boyfriend and I have a parakeet).

My boyfriend has never played Sims, so he's always asking me "Can Sims do this...?" My response is 99.9% "In The Sims 2 and/or 3." He's come to expect it by now. Yet, I play The Sims 4 mainly because I love CAS more than anything. :/ I spend half my time playing in it. In no other game have I felt like changing my sims' outfits basically every sim day.

Yes to all of this!!

My husband only started showing interest in my Sims game after I downloaded WhickedWhims, but I'm still on the fence about keeping it...