Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like making up little stories or histories about your sims?

2...Next

Comments

• AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    @coco
    Lol I’m the same. I tend to think of random plot elements to further the ‘story’ in my game haha

@JoAnne65
    Ohhhhh, sounds like a great story to play out!

@Auroraskies
    You make some good points. Most of the time I make up little short stories to keep myself entertained and thus keep myself wanting to play the game.
  • AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Here’s another short story I’ll inflict on you all from the same chaotic family in my game. Last one, I promise. :D

Major Ursa Tarvos of the Novaxion Interstellar Probe Corps was on one of her last missions before retirement when the most amazing coincidence occurred.
    tumblr_inline_paah2xiy6G1vhkp6x_540.jpg

This was only a routine thing: Find a human, dazzle them with some sparkly lights, and then beam ‘em up for a light probing.

tumblr_inline_paah2tq9ru1vhkp6x_540.jpg

In her years of trapping various humans, she noticed that some were easier to capture than others.

tumblr_inline_paah2isZ5A1vhkp6x_540.jpg

Much, MUCH easier.

tumblr_inline_paah7bEXKj1vhkp6x_540.jpg

However, before the predator could get away with her prey, Ursa noticed something…

tumblr_inline_paahb1XWQX1vhkp6x_540.jpg

I’d know that ship anywhere!” Ursa thought.

She would know. It used to be her own before her daughter stole it from her.

tumblr_inline_paahq6riQn1vhkp6x_540.jpg
    Beaming down with her strangely fishy smelling prey, Ursa questioned the man.

Ursa (pointing up and speaking slowly):I come from the planet Nova, and my name is Ursa Tarvos. Do you know of my daughter, Pandora Tarvos? I recognized the ship at that house as hers.”

tumblr_inline_paahs1rhJx1vhkp6x_540.jpg
    Danny (panicing): “Uhhh…no. I do not know of a Pandora anywhere. And even if I did, she never mentioned her mother. So you must have mistaken that spaceship for a different one.”

tumblr_inline_paahr6Wdd71vhkp6x_540.jpg
    Ursa: Ah, so you DO know her. She most likely did not mention me because we Novaxions usually kick our children from our dwelling place the moment they turn ten years of age.

Think of it like an eagle from your world here throwing their young from the nest. It encourages growth. And also hurt feelings.

So who are you to my daughter?

tumblr_inline_paahwjNmgB1vhkp6x_540.jpg
    Danny (realizing this is his mother-in-law): NOBODY. NOTHING. I am nothing to Pandora. In fact, uh, this isn’t even our house. And our kids aren’t even all that alien either. In fact, one of them even tried to chew one of my toes off today!

Ursa (realizing she has a fishman for a son-in-law): Children? You are her husband? YOU?

Danny (incoherently mutters something and runs away)

tumblr_inline_paai1dZpnT1vhkp6x_540.jpg
    Ursa (happy): I have grandchildren!

This was when I decided to add Ursa to the overloaded Mermalien household. She adds a great dynamic to the family and is one of my favorites :D
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited November 2018
    Amphora wrote: »
    Think of it like an eagle from your world here throwing their young from the nest. It encourages growth. And also hurt feelings.

This made me picture her actually getting kicked out from whatever planet the sims aliens live on and tumbling through space until reaching simworld. :grin:

ETA Okey, @Amphora, here is my take on a little story, hope you like it:

My l/over is so considerate - to me as well as to the environment - getting us our requisites in the least harmful way.
    4KstwOw.jpg

He really is in sync with nature being so curious; always investigating and trying to understand by getting involved.
    UjthdSG.jpg

And yet, he never loses himself in the nature of things, but can always separate himself from the object of interest.
    Oxg730s.jpg

And although he sometimes finds himself in situations where he is somewhat turned upside down ..
    CnqSSxJ.jpg

.. he tends to quickly find a way to avoid letting everything get all topsy-turvy ..
    YtzOro5.jpg

.. with a so much stronger character gained from the experience.
    q3wYtkn.jpg

As clear as I stand here, he always comes out of it with his honour intact!
    1PAYx8V.jpg

.. and oh my, is he hot..! - What?
    jd7rGqC.jpg
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • Smiley_CatSmiley_Cat Posts: 33 Member
    I like to make up background stories. Makes it feel like a drama.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    edited December 2018
    Ahaha I like reading stories other simmers make up like this, love how funny most of them are. I usually just fangirl over handsome sims or cute relationships.

Like today something was up with Alysia and Evan
    t3A6QeF.jpg
    iGCEWUV.jpg
    Evan: You're right, I am an idiot. I'm sorry for uh--everything, can I have a hug now? ;_;
    Alysia: Hell no, you don't even know what you did wrong.
    And when Alysia is mad, she holds a grudge. This time she decided to let off some steam by inviting her bff over to badmouth him.
    99P3Bb7.jpg
    Alysia: He thinks he's such a great sculptor *LOL*.
    Valencia: It looks like the banana peel I stepped on this morning :joy:.
    sXj1DOC.jpg
    Usually I see sims that come over just do their own thing, they hog the computer or do some solo activity, but Valencia followed Alysia everywhere and made her feel better <3.
    AUelyd2.jpg
    jirl41V.jpg
    /my sims don't usually have friends so this was nice.

This other time I had a sim travel to egypt to obtain life fruit in order to bring her lover back to life.
    bCrBTBd.jpg
    zKf9pjy.jpg
    pRpqKfx.jpg
    hveNz47.jpg
    She really went through an ordeal, and finally cleared in the tomb
    G3yAGD4.jpg
    She was so happy to find the life plant
    PS1kckL.jpg
    But on second inspection... The plant had no fruit! It wasn't flowering!
    mmLjFcx.jpg
    Immediately she started bawling </3 heartbroken, knowing that she only had a limited time frame as her visa ends in 2 days and she couldn't wait forever for the plan to mature.

F7h4gDm.jpg
    In the end the life plant did flower just before her travel time was up :P She was lucky

Post edited by Sunnyyesjams on
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    That’s basically all I do... ;)

Same here!

In fact, sometimes I play out the whole story in my head. Then I get bored when I go to play the game, because I mentally finished their story and now I'm going through the motions of acting it out--not as much fun as letting things happen more organically. (This is usually when I switch to a different family.)

@JoAnne65, did you end up making a thread for "make up a story to go with these screenshots"? Because that sounds like a blast.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @katrinasforest I haven’t, that’s actually a great idea. What would be better, in General or in Creative..?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Amphora , Danny makes the most awesome faces, I love him.

I really like reading other peoples stories and biographies for their sims. Mine always get a backstory, I feel it really helps to "personalise" them. These are great you guys!
    Badmouthing the hubby made me laugh :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    @Amphora - yep, "How to scare the son-in-law 101" :D:mrgreen:

Thank goodness, I have a good relationship with my mother-in-law... (looks around warily... "I think...")
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @JoAnne65 My first thought is General, since I think of Creative as a place to show stuff you worked on -- as opposed to making things up on the fly.

But you've been around longer than I have, so I'd trust your judgment over mine. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member

I've done this as well... :)

I did this when my SS moved into a house in Riverview and had 2 guys, Yuri Ivanov and Hal Breckridge come and greet my SS to the town. Now Yuri was married at the time in my game but he's the town playboy always flirting with and dating other women. So ladies, you better watch out for this one as he's up to no good... :D

I was given flowers from both guys. Yuri is the one with the long black hair and Hal is in the red tank top... :)
    JJUVLhQl.jpg

Yuri wasn't too happy about Hal giving me flowers, so he went and whipped out his guitar to play for me... :) I guess he thinks that he needs to impress me since I had accepted the flowers from Hal, Yuri had the negative symbol above his head as he walked off to play some music... :p
    400dF2Al.jpg

My SS keeps getting herself abducted by the aliens. So after the 1st time, I chose to do a story around the abduction and use Lunar Lakes as the setting thanks to the Traveler mod. I pretended that the aliens took her to Lunar Lakes for 3 days even though the aliens keep the Sims for about 30 minutes. So I made it sound like that the 30 minutes that my SS was gone was 3 days in alien space time... :)

The next time that I did a story based on an alien abduction was when I took CravenLestat's SS and dressed him up as a "fake" alien as his SS has it bad for my SS. He's always sending lover letters/gifts/flowers to my SS but she's already with someone and they have a son together. So I decided to make believe that the last time she got abducted, that is was going to be by the "fake" alien (a.k.a CravenLestat). Fake alien then hypnotized my SS with the hypnotizer from the TS3 store and made her do things that she wouldn't normally do. He then scanned for her DNA and made a baby using the DNA in the science machine and then took her home in his "borrowed" alien ship that he got from the alien friends that he has... >:)
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have started a new back story for Jasmine and Courtney starting with them as children: :smile:

48168194_10155992323686497_887618978141175808_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=2d99ee8444420be1ac8e60953963ba94&oe=5C9A2FD5

48156179_10155992323841497_4155880909037371392_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b6f5dd7d74254b38c14202e95de252d0&oe=5CA1208F

48281510_10155992323956497_2127734997530968064_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b56781f25ef669391434d2c91ccb37bb&oe=5CA863BC
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    Absolutely, my current sim family has quite a connected backstory made up. But the gist of it is that they're a distant relative to the Baxter family( a previous save game which I ended up losing, otherwise I'd still be playing them) but they don't know to which son they're related to, and are currently in a pretty terrible situation, but are recovering. Wonder where the story is going to lead.
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    I don´t have a backround story for most of my sims, but I love to make up little conversations and try to give a little context to their actions. But I mostly get ideas when I look at my screenshots. I love that sims tend to have a kind of "memory" in their speech and thought bubbles - when there was a fire, they will "speak" about that, when they are pregnant there are the little shoes and the baby bottle in the bubbles.
    Screenshot-x5097.jpg
    Conall: So, you saw a unicorn recently?
    (He did).

Screenshot-x5098.jpg
    Jan: Yeah, when I was running.
    (He actually came home from work, but, details).

Screenshot-x5099.jpg
    Conall: Mh-mh... So, you won´t like this.

Screenshot-x5100.jpg
    Conall: Checkmate!
    Jan: Whaaaaat??
    (Jan then swept all the pieces to the ground, something I never saw before, too fast to take a picture).

Screenshot-x5101.jpg
    Jan: Hmph!
    Conall: Wow, someone has a temper today!

Screenshot-x5105.jpg
    Jan: ... I don´t want to play anymore.
    Conall: ... Okay.
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    LOL sometimes sims are such sulky bad sports :D
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding