Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Announcement: Lana's CC Finds is shutting down on Dec 17, 2018

Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
edited December 2018 in CAS Custom Content
The website that hosts Lana's CC Finds is making significant changes to their TOS and many items showcased on her site may no longer be distributed through their format.

Lana's Announcement

Thanks Tumblr - I am now free from this heavy load - the Lana CC Finds blog . Since December 17, 2018, my blog will no longer exist anyway. The fact is that the blog Lana CC Finds since August 2017 has been marked as “for adults” (NSFW). I wrote Tumblr support requests to review and remove this status of the NSFW blog. It has been 1, 5 years, but nothing has changed.

Thanks to all my followers and those who have been with me for all these almost 5 years. We were very, very much, even more people came to the blog to view the SS for all Sims 2, 3 and 4 games.

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    That's a shame :'(
  • Options
    That's a shame :'(

Yes, it is! They were the best resource on the net for CC.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I saw that the last night and I was shocked. Where are we gonna get cc :disappointed:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    PinkHairGuitarPinkHairGuitar Posts: 44 Member
    Oh no!!! That leaves me speechless. :-(
    Guy on my picture is Freaky Pink, famous detective and womanizer.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Nooo...That blog has been a CC legend for years for The Sims. Sad to see it go away.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    edited December 2018
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    How are we gonna find cc now? :'(
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited December 2018
    Tumblr's new TOU also means that many cc creators will have to relocate, since tumblr is removing all "adult content", but, as of right now, their filtering system for such content leaves much to be desired. The most innocent stuff are getting tagged nsfw. If you are a creator on tumblr or want to know where your fave creators are heading, it may be worth checking out this post to find out where everyone else is relocating, and if you want to relocate yourself, you can add yourself to the document.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Some CC creators have started moving their blogs between Blogspot, Twitter and Wordpress. I follow a few other creators and have seen the links to their new pages. I don't post "no no" content but I'm going to be moving my CC to another too depending on what happens in the next week.
    Sad to see Lana go because she has been the most helpful to the community. The other creators are trying to save her blog on tumblr.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I'm going on a major cc downloading spree right now to save stuff from lanas site.
  • Options
    WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    Lana has been my go to place for poses.
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    It's still not sure if Lana's blog really gets shut down. The flagging system is an absolute mess right now, but she keeps reblogging new cc.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    It's still not sure if Lana's blog really gets shut down. The flagging system is an absolute mess right now, but she keeps reblogging new cc.

I'm just going by what she herself posted. I think it is her intent to keep posting new CC until the 17th.
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    I'm just going by what she herself posted. I think it is her intent to keep posting new CC until the 17th.
    I know. :smile: I'm just trying to stay somewhat optimistic, haha. Still hoping she can keep her blog somehow.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    I know. :smile: I'm just trying to stay somewhat optimistic, haha. Still hoping she can keep her blog somehow.

I think if she removed the Poses section that would help quite a bit. There are far too many for her to go through and pick out all the NSFW ones. But, if she has been fighting them for a year, it's not just the new flags they have an issue with.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    This is a total bummer, I've downloaded so many stuff off of tumblr, I can't remember where I downloaded them from.I now started bookmarking the actual download links.Are there any other CC finds sites like that?
  • Options
    This is a total bummer, I've downloaded so many stuff off of tumblr, I can't remember where I downloaded them from.I now started bookmarking the actual download links.Are there any other CC finds sites like that?

There is Sims 4 Updates http://sims4updates.net/
    and Love4Sims4 is really good: http://love4sims4.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    digitaltrashcandigitaltrashcan Posts: 30 Member
    rip :( lanaccfinds has pretty much been my main destination for finding cc, i'll miss it
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Oh no :( I just started using CC, and Lana's CC Finds has been my main way of finding it.