Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 help forum takes me to a different website

8A48XjG.png
?????
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
    So I tried to reach the help center discussions and can't post there. And I am kinda getting slightly annoyed with Origin. For the past few years now every time there is an update or a new game to add to my sims once the installing start to finalize I get an error message which I believe always has to do with some touchapp thing I don't know. After I try to ignore it to see if it just goes away and it completes which it has in the past, now it just fails making the play button grey'd out. I have looked and looked and looked for answers which by the way are from like 2yrs ago of how to avoid this and get it to stop. I have tried multiple fixes from the suggestions between restarting my computer, turning off my firewall temporarily, using a CCleaner (it's not a custom content cleaner its just a file cleaner) and it's not like I don't have space on my computer. It involves a process that takes longer than it needs to, to finally somehow solve the issue which has been a different thing each time so I can't pin point of what solved it. Which is why I am here I am at whits end I won't stop playing the game because of this however I would like to know what I can do to never have this happen again.
  • Options
    EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    Hi, you might want to post on Answers HQ, it has a bunch of folks dedicated to tracking down such issues. It sounds like this is more focused on Origin than The Sims, so you'll probably want to check here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/bd-p/origin-technical-issues-en

If you can't find a fix, you can post any error messages and info about your issue and hopefully they can help you.

Including your dxdiag info as part of the post might help too.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top