Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pics not showing up when img ing from Photobucket instead it's a link to an offline site (Now Fixed)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
edited December 2018 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Instead of showing the picture you get a link you have to click on to go to the picture. A lot of people complain and would rather see pictures and I can't do anything about it if they won't post. This just started.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Instead of showing the picture you get a link you have to click on to go to the picture. A lot of people complain and would rather see pictures and I can't do anything about it if they won't post. This just started.
    Unfortunately unless you pay the ransom you can't use pictures from photobucket on the site.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • EA_DavidEA_David Posts: 282 EA Community Manager
    Hey, we had some security changes recently that will prevent an image from showing up if there's an embedded link. Please share any examples with us and we'll try to get them sorted out. We might not be able to verify/whitelist every site, but we should be able to get most big ones.

Thank you.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Unfortunately unless you pay the ransom you can't use pictures from photobucket on the site.

Actually Photobucket reversed that decision. The problem the OP is having is not related to that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Actually Photobucket reversed that decision. The problem the OP is having is not related to that.

Yep Photobucket is under new management and has lower prices.
    edited December 2018
    EA_David wrote: »
    Hey, we had some security changes recently that will prevent an image from showing up if there's an embedded link. Please share any examples with us and we'll try to get them sorted out. We might not be able to verify/whitelist every site, but we should be able to get most big ones.

Thank you.

11-16-18_4-28-48nbspPM.png

I can't paste the image to the picture thing above either but this was pasted directly to the forums not the image thing at the top.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2018
    Hi @catloverplayer,

Are you copying the URL link from the address bar of this page?

When I open that link, right click on the image to 'Copy image address' and then use that URL on the picture tool here on the forums, it looks like this:

EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hi @catloverplayer,

Are you copying the URL link from the address bar of this page?

When I open that link, right click on the image to 'Copy image address' and then use that URL on the picture tool here on the forums, it looks like this:

I just copy or img on photobucket and paste here.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks for explaining, @catloverplayer!
    This was the reason - images should be showing again now ;)
    edited December 2018
    Awesome it's working again. Thanks EA Mai