Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mullti failures on downloading CC to my Game

I am being very careful to download a little at a time, but the launcher says the downloads are failing. Is there a way to fix this?.

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2018
    Are we talking about store content or third-party custom content? Some people like to refer to store content as CC.

My only suggestion for the launcher is to clear cache with Internet Explorer... I know you probably don't use it but the launcher does. I personally only use the launcher for store stuff since it's so finicky. Installing CC in package form is easier to install/remove and organize. You just need to set up the Mods folder framework for package files.

You can convert the third-party custom content sims3packs (failing to install) into package files. Download Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter... Follow this guide to learn how to use it.
    If you're not sure how to set up a Mods folder for package files, follow this guide w/ ready-made frameworksetup DL.
    Post edited by SimplyJen on
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    BloomofSparksBloomofSparks Posts: 486 Member
    edited December 2018
    There must be something else I do not have win zip to open files from mod the sims and can't afford one any time soon. Also my computer is a week or 2 old and should not be having this problem. Third I used a USB stick to transfer my CC from the exchange and the sims rescores form 1 launcher to another and never had this problem to this extent and I do not use mods. I cant replace this stuff and there has to be a way to fix it
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited December 2018
    There must be something else I do not have win zip to open files from mod the sims and can't afford one any time soon.

Windows can open .zip files itself. For .rar and .7z files I use 7zip, which is free.
    Third I used a USB stick to transfer my CC from the exchange and the sims rescores form 1 launcher to another and never had this problem to this extent and I do not use mods. I cant replace this stuff and there has to be a way to fix it

Files from the Exchange should install through the launcher just fine. AFAIK, you shouldn't need to re-download from the Exchange. Store content, though, might have to be downloaded all over again.

I haven't downloaded anything from TSR in ages, I forget how that content is distributed. You might need to unzip the file you download before installing it, but then if your TSR content is showing up in the launcher then that's not the problem. I don't install TSR content via the launcher. I do what @SimplyJen explains: I extract out the .package file with the Multi-Extractor and install in my Mods\Packages folder.

edit: also try clearing your IE caches. The Launcher uses some IE resources (even if you don't use that browser). See this post for for more information, and a link to a tutorial. Don't know if that will help but it's simple to do.

Also, have you tried removing your current TS3 folder to the desktop, letting the game generate a brand new one, and then try installing your CC via the Launcher?