Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Personal Details for Sims

While the Simology tab has a lot of good info like traits, character values, fame level, and reputation, I feel like there could still be more options to differentiate sims from each other. So here are some ideas I’ve heard and come up with:
  • A turn ons and turn offs/chemistry system that works like the customizable club and holiday systems where you can choose what kind of things your sims like such as traits, fitness level, hair color, etc. Except it could be way more in-depth. CAS already has everything organized into categories well so it could be well integrated into a chemistry system. It’d be cool to have sims be attracted to things like bear costumes or specific careers or skills.
  • Bringing back the favorites system. I know, it’s didn’t really affect gameplay in Sims 3 but it was a nice little thing that I really liked. I’d like for the Simology panel to show weather preferences, fruitcake preferences, favorite color, drink, music genre, food, and movie genre. This could add to autonomy where sims are more likely to cook their favorite food and having an option to “Play Favorite Radio Station”, like how there’s an option to “Make Favorite Drink” at bars. Also I’d like to be able to choose their favorites or randomize them like in Sims 3. We also need a randomize trait and aspiration button. This was in a past game, why isn’t it in this one?
  • Bringing back the interests system too. It made conversations more varied without having to be mean. Socializing isn’t as exciting in this game like it was in Sims 2.
  • More conflicting traits. There’s a decent amount of lifestyle and personality traits and traits that conflict with them. I don’t think there’s enough emotional and hobby traits though. I use mostly lifestyle and personality traits because they’re more fun to play with. Unflirty is a great emotional trait and I’d like more similar ones. There’s no conflicting traits for goofball, creative, art lover, genius, self-absorbed, perfectionist, bro, or bookworm. I think good opposites would be serious, destructive, art hater, easily distracted, selfless/generous, careless, girly, and book burner. I’d also like a trait for the dazed emotion. There’s also not a lot of unfriendly traits. So many traits have special friendly interactions, I’d like to see more traits with mean interactions and more interactions for sims with conflicting traits. Sims 3 had some cool traits that should be brought back too.
  • This one might be too hard to add: A personality system based off of the MBTI. It basically gives you a vague idea of someone’s personality and how they get along with other personality types. It’s not scientifically factual, but neither was horoscopes. Plus this one doesn’t rely on what day you were born. Here’s all 16 types
    MyersBriggsTypes.png
    Another personality system is The Big 5 Traits
    2-4cTYnQWj1O0Zo6Iv5Mbg.png
  • Getting inspiration from similar games. Tomodachi Life made a pretty similar system to the MBTI.

latest?cb=20140806142328

Kitty Powers Matchmaker is also a similar game with a type system. (Ex: Geeky likes comic books)
    2015-04-26_00001.jpg?resize=660%2C371
    And it has the personality types: active/relaxed, methodical/carefree, intro/extrovert, traditional/experimental, and romantic/spicy.
    CCF58D532EA8FD9D37ADF5639A0E0990175CE41B

And then there’s the DND alignment chart
    1372507140713.gif

Adding things like this would make sims feel more unique, even if they share traits, and it would add lots of replayability and variety.

Comments

• rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    This all sounds amazing we need chemistry and conflicting traits favourites are kijd of in the game you can choose them via socializing with other sums but i rather choose them jn cas and seeing what they are in simologu
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I would love my sims to have favorite things like music, food, weather. They can order their favorite drink, but I'd like to pick what their favorites are. I'd also like more space for longer names.
  • Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    I have nothing really constructive to add, so I'll just say I agree wholeheartedly!
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    We do need more personality in Sims 4, i love your ideas and i hope you make yourself heard in this community!
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    This has been said many times but I say this is awesome and necessary everytime.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    cool like it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I love all of your ideas!
    In fact I've been looking into the Enneagram for personalities and was just wishing there was something like that in the game. I like the Myers Brigg system too but find the Enneagram seems more in depth, plus you only have nine types instead of 16.
    But anyways, I'll take anything that makes sims more unique and in depth.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    peeangg wrote: »
    While the Simology tab has a lot of good info like traits, character values, fame level, and reputation, I feel like there could still be more options to differentiate sims from each other. So here are some ideas I’ve heard and come up with:
    • A turn ons and turn offs/chemistry system that works like the customizable club and holiday systems where you can choose what kind of things your sims like such as traits, fitness level, hair color, etc. Except it could be way more in-depth. CAS already has everything organized into categories well so it could be well integrated into a chemistry system. It’d be cool to have sims be attracted to things like bear costumes or specific careers or skills.
    • Bringing back the favorites system. I know, it’s didn’t really affect gameplay in Sims 3 but it was a nice little thing that I really liked. I’d like for the Simology panel to show weather preferences, fruitcake preferences, favorite color, drink, music genre, food, and movie genre. This could add to autonomy where sims are more likely to cook their favorite food and having an option to “Play Favorite Radio Station”, like how there’s an option to “Make Favorite Drink” at bars. Also I’d like to be able to choose their favorites or randomize them like in Sims 3. We also need a randomize trait and aspiration button. This was in a past game, why isn’t it in this one?
    • Bringing back the interests system too. It made conversations more varied without having to be mean. Socializing isn’t as exciting in this game like it was in Sims 2.
    • More conflicting traits. There’s a decent amount of lifestyle and personality traits and traits that conflict with them. I don’t think there’s enough emotional and hobby traits though. I use mostly lifestyle and personality traits because they’re more fun to play with. Unflirty is a great emotional trait and I’d like more similar ones. There’s no conflicting traits for goofball, creative, art lover, genius, self-absorbed, perfectionist, bro, or bookworm. I think good opposites would be serious, destructive, art hater, easily distracted, selfless/generous, careless, girly, and book burner. I’d also like a trait for the dazed emotion. There’s also not a lot of unfriendly traits. So many traits have special friendly interactions, I’d like to see more traits with mean interactions and more interactions for sims with conflicting traits. Sims 3 had some cool traits that should be brought back too.
    • This one might be too hard to add: A personality system based off of the MBTI. It basically gives you a vague idea of someone’s personality and how they get along with other personality types. It’s not scientifically factual, but neither was horoscopes. Plus this one doesn’t rely on what day you were born. Here’s all 16 types
      MyersBriggsTypes.png
      Another personality system is The Big 5 Traits
      2-4cTYnQWj1O0Zo6Iv5Mbg.png
    • Getting inspiration from similar games. Tomodachi Life made a pretty similar system to the MBTI.

latest?cb=20140806142328

Kitty Powers Matchmaker is also a similar game with a type system. (Ex: Geeky likes comic books)
      2015-04-26_00001.jpg?resize=660%2C371
      And it has the personality types: active/relaxed, methodical/carefree, intro/extrovert, traditional/experimental, and romantic/spicy.
      CCF58D532EA8FD9D37ADF5639A0E0990175CE41B

And then there’s the DND alignment chart
      1372507140713.gif

Adding things like this would make sims feel more unique, even if they share traits, and it would add lots of replayability and variety.

Fully and completely agree. The Sims as they are tend to be a bit predictable and bland
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I love how organized this is! Can we add the Thrifty trait in with Lifestyle traits too?
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited December 2018
    I love this thread. We really need more traits and I love all of the other ideas too.
    Post edited by IrishSimmer21 on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Love all these options instead of redoing astrological signs!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I agree with all of this. It would add so much more flavor to our Sims. They are close! They just need to be closer.
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    What's reasonable to hope for in a patch can totally be a feature like favorites! It's easy, clean and simple - adds more personality, and a thing that can connect two sims (for example if they both have grilled cheese as a favourite food!). I hope the creators will see your post and get some inspiration from your good ideas! ❤
  • LazerSimmerLazerSimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    Sims need to go through puberty with acne, body changes , mood changes the whole nine yards .
    plus clothing should act more realistic to sims if a sim buy clothing when they are skinny and they gain more weight or get buff that clothing shouldn't fit anymore.
    But if they start bigger and lose weight the clothing should look loose and baggy on them.
    How cool would it be if your sims ripped they're pants or popped a few buttons on their shirt.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I like these ideas.

As someone who's been studying these different personality systems. I find them interesting and entertaining, and wouldn't mind if something like those would be added also in game. Honestly some has been actually helpful for understanding differences in people, which is a good thing.. even though I still do view them as nice things to learn about and not as actual facts how things are. Some of those are for sure just entertainment purposes only.

There always can be some improvement done to make game better. I hope they will do some improvements like that soon.