Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Totally New 2: More completely new ideas for expansion packs.

CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
edited October 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Here's my second poll about Ideas for totally new Expansion (or Game) packs. What NEW IDEAS would you like to see added to the game? I added some ideas from my other poll to see how they compare. And of course, if you have ideas for something else, just comment below.
Post edited by CorkysPetals on

Totally New 2: More completely new ideas for expansion packs. 65 votes

Retro Sims: Revisit your favorite Sims and neighborhoods from Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3.
4%
danacnbrettGracieO312EricasFreePlay 3 votes
Music Academy: Learn new instruments, music and singing styles. Head start in a new music, voice or producer career.
9%
LoanetChe1vzthatsnotswegspaceisstrangeSuika7Amandèle 6 votes
Sorcery School: Does your child have a *special* aptitude? Your teen have uncontrolled talents? Channel their gifts here.
27%
alan650111PlayerSinger2010Writin_RegAlrynnSimburianZtitchMariefoxprice83luthienrisingdetermigtaydevGeckogamesKaronTwilightSimmersmurfy77Enormousgoose112RememberJoyIceColdPainBruno08 18 votes
First Comes Love: Romance from teen parties to Bridezilla Bashes. Includes expanded breakups and divorces.
20%
loubyloulouCeCeDotLatinaBunnyrjssimInternal_ChaosDcD2510Louise_G0325Saturn830comicsforlifepinneduphairbirdonawireDreamCytcherIrendal 13 votes
Invention! From Pocket Selfie Sticks to Robot Nannies, your sim gets to put those handiness and logic skills to work.
12%
TheStarHermitTurloughdudeBearpal64FreezerBunnyCowplantTheGoodOldGamerMrPhillosiphtonLazerSimmerChaela1337 8 votes
Hipster Heaven: First, homemade artisnal PB&Js at the neighborhood market and next, crowdfunded urban eco-villages.
1%
Bagoas77 1 vote
Photog: Start with cute birthday cards and teen yearbook pix to Simitzer Prize winning photojournalist.
0%
Desigining Sims: A career for rearranging the furniture. Restaurants and boutiques? Mansions and office towers?
1%
shnaileh 1 vote
Furture's Past: Does your sim live in a steampunk world? Or the 1960s version of the year 2000 A.D.
7%
fruitsbasket101JennyggDaemonPawsAenmondx4m1r4 5 votes
Simseyland: Bottle toss games? Ferris Wheels? Selfie with the Freezer Bunny and Llama Lady? Pirates of Twikkii Island ride?
15%
JestTrusimmietimehotkakiSigzy05ChadSims2EnkiSchmidtmillerolsenHopeCrashAirakaleVampris 10 votes

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Sorcery School: Does your child have a *special* aptitude? Your teen have uncontrolled talents? Channel their gifts here.
    Oh wow. These are all so great, it was hard to choose! But I went with the sorcery one. I'm an occult player, I need a little fun!
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Invention! From Pocket Selfie Sticks to Robot Nannies, your sim gets to put those handiness and logic skills to work.
    As usual I want to be greedy and have all of them, but I can't. :neutral: A nice invention pack would be great, and witches/wizards, oh and don't forget all the great retro stuff that could be added......Better stop here. :smiley:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Furture's Past: Does your sim live in a steampunk world? Or the 1960s version of the year 2000 A.D.
    Well.. maybe it's too early to discuss the next pack... but, I don't mind really... :p Out of frustration ( University :'()... I would like to have this kind of world... I always like the Steampunk vibes.. I really want to have lots of items related to this...

It would be nice if we can have an x-treme sports pack like skateboarding, snowboarding, skydiving, etc (not just a wall climbing as in the fitness pack) or nature pack (which focus on survival skills...or just a bird watching..)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Well.. maybe it's too early to discuss the next pack...
    It's never too early. Besides, they probably are working on the next 3 or 4 ideas.

It would be nice if we can have an x-treme sports pack like skateboarding, snowboarding, skydiving, etc
    Plum, I forgot to add a sports pack to this poll. I have a Sports/Activity Poll around here to get ideas for new activities.

We need more SPORTS!
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    First Comes Love: Romance from teen parties to Bridezilla Bashes. Includes expanded breakups and divorces.
    I chose Romance because I believe that this aspect is yet to be fleshed out in TS4.
    However, my priority First Ever packs are Farming and Pirates :heart:
    I'd also love a detailed witches GP, like with vamps.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    OMG! dont make me choose...
    But i would love a Hogwarts, and also "First Comes Love: Romance from teen parties to Bridezilla Bashes. Includes expanded breakups and divorces."
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Gimme robots!
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Retro Sims: Revisit your favorite Sims and neighborhoods from Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3.
    Hard to choose between Retro, Sorcery and First Comes Love but I picked Retro because I would like to see updated content from Sims 1-3.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Well.. maybe it's too early to discuss the next pack...
    It's never too early. Besides, they probably are working on the next 3 or 4 ideas.

It would be nice if we can have an x-treme sports pack like skateboarding, snowboarding, skydiving, etc
    Plum, I forgot to add a sports pack to this poll. I have a Sports/Activity Poll around here to get ideas for new activities.

We need more SPORTS!

Yeah! We do need more sports! It will be a great addition for the teens or even elders... :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Simseyland: Bottle toss games? Ferris Wheels? Selfie with the Freezer Bunny and Llama Lady? Pirates of Twikkii Island ride?
    Had to go with the theme park I'd love a romance pack but parties and divorce is not exactly what I'm looking for and I swear I never heard the word "steampunk" before using these forums you guys must love it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Had to go with the theme park I'd love a romance pack but parties and divorce is not exactly what I'm looking for and I swear I never heard the word "steampunk" before using these forums you guys must love it.

What would you like to see in a romance pack? A return of the attraction system? The divorce part was meant as sort of a joke. The steampunk thing has been around since the 90s? 80s? Mysterious technologies from the past. Probably inspired by the earliest sci-fi like the Time Machine by H.G. Wells and fans of Nikola Tesla. Midnight Hollow from Sims 3 had a steampunk vibe.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    These ideas are delightfully different

I'm not ready to pick just one of them...
    This is quite an interesting concept. The 50's and 60's vision of the future... Vs the 80's and 90's vision of it. The retro version, vs the cyberpunk version.
    And then the 1800's version (steampunk).
    That's 3 very different visions of the future, coming from the past. I'd love a pack containing all three.

Could be entertaining...
    Clingy exes, vengeful exes, exes with hexes.
    A pack with two new careers? Divorce lawyer and relationship councillor?

Hipster Heaven: First, homemade artisnal PB&Js at the neighborhood market and next, crowdfunded urban eco-villages.
    Those PB&Js had better be deconstructed!
    Could be just the pack to allow you to have your own veggie market stall, or a baked goods one, or macrame, or deconstructed sandwiches, or flowers, or hand carved soap... Basically all the elements of a farmers market, but in a city, with more snob.
    I guess it would also contain reclaimed timber furnishings, and feedbag bags.

Sounds like you might be onto something.
    A sims theme pack has to be sims themed.
    Pirates, plumbobs, llamas, and freezer bunnies all have to be included.
    I think Princess Cordelia would be the one everyone wants a selfie with! (or her pirate boyfriends)
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    With the hope of adding "relax on bed" and "cuddling on bed".

I really need Retro Sims too, to have some old buy mode stuff to come back like the heart-shaped bed, photobooth etc.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I went with Sorcery School for two reasons. One, I am that geek. Two, it would enhance non-sorcerer child/teen play as well, because it would undoubtedly include regular school.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2018
    I would love a pack about carnivals and parks. With marry go rounds, coasters, water slides, NPC themed shows on the streets, more food carts, sims getting dazed from going on rides, getting cotton candy and other fair foods. They could include a medieval fair as well with archery, medieval shows etc.

But yeah, I would also like a Circus pack with an acrobat magician and clown careers, with mimes, animal shows etc.

A Sports pack all about sims competing and winning trophies and prizes, could be super dope as well.

A safari pack, where you can explore the savana and find about wild animals like lions, panthers, hienas, monkeys, etc, sleep under the stars in hammocks and tree houses.

Also a zoo pack, where you can make Zoos and huge Aquariums with dolphin and seal shows, etc.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Not so much a Hogwarts world but at Pratchett "Ankh Morpork" for me. Everything from vampires to goblins, werewolves, witches, assassins and golems!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    I could get behind pretty much all of these choices to be sure - but I did lean a little on the Sorcery school - but all amazing ideas really but the divorce one. All the others a big thumbs up.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited December 2018
    Some good ideas there! I'm waffling between the First Comes Love and Sorcery School.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Anyone else care to comment?
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Circus expansion pack? Something I didn't know I needed until now

Also robots
    EMrBkJP.png
  • LazerSimmerLazerSimmer Posts: 11 New Member
    The scientist career needs to be improved on with more details