Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you feel about the new feature?

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Options
    Jxe46896Jxe46896 Posts: 3 New Member
    Disappointed
    I actually unsubscribed a few game changers that hyped it. But I'm definitely excited for the new stylist career!
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Neutral
    I have changed my mind a bit. I was open to trying it but I did not think I would use it much. Now I am getting excited about the idea of touring new builds through the eyes of my sims. I have just started building and I am not good at it even a little. Maybe seeing a build from my sims perspective will help me improve.
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Love it. Will use it sometimes
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I feel like some Game Changers aren't always fully honest, as if they're afraid saying something negative will get them kicked off the program. So sometimes they're so enthusiastic it actually sounds fake. I think if you're gonna "change" the game, then you need to be honest. Just my opinion.
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Reksoh wrote: »
    I prefer this over a baby overhaul or burglar update to be honest. It isn't anything to be disappointed about, people gotta stop hyping themselves up because of what the "game changers" are saying for views.

But they are the mouth piece for Maxis, maybe Maxis should tell them to stop over- dramatizing?

Agreed. If you say game changing I expect something that will alter the gameplay in a meaningful way even if just an attraction system.

I have no idea how someone could spend more time on first person view than the EP.

Agreed with this as well, though I like the feature quite a lot I'm super glad it's optional. To add to that, it's nearly always over hyped. I'm even skeptical of the bug fixes. Honestly, I would just like a simple way of the game telling if you have bad cc and which one it specifically is. Now that's a game changer. But it is what it is.
  • Options
    simtorioussimtorious Posts: 66 Member
    Game changing. Will use it a lot
    I personally think it's great just because I've always wondered "haha, I wonder how this looks from my Sims POV" and for screenshots, so I'll probably use it a lot and love it until I get bored with it. I still understand those who're upset or disappointed, since this was also on my list of the 'last things I could ask for".

I'm just glad it's free and not included in paid content, it's optional, and it was only a side project and nothing that could be used as an excuse to take away from anything else.
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    Neutral
    I might use it sometimes if there is an object I want to see close up. Sometimes when I’m building, item details are so small that I can’t see them clearly. This happened recently with some cc bathroom items I placed in my sims’ homes. I suppose I can use this feature so my sim can get close enough for me to see details on objects without enlarging them. Other than that, I probably won’t use first person.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    DBClayton wrote: »
    I would have put neutral except that the application of it is so unsteady and unstabilized, and has so many clipping errors that it feels like an early version of a homebrew mod.
    This COULD be a great feature, if it allowed for WASD movement, eliminated the bobbing and clipping, and found solutions for hidden animations like Woohoo (other than exiting the first person mode altogether). The SimGurus said this was a team member's pet project and it feels like it-- an unfinished feature that could be great if it was properly polished and presented. But it's not.
    It's great that Maxis lets its developers work on pet projects, but it's disappointing that the gripes the community have are overlooked in favor of half-baked features.

Exactly!
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Neutral
    Sometimes I just forget that it exists lol
    But it is fun for some things like when the sims are talking to each other, we can see their expressions better.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Meh
    I actually like & use the first person POV
    BUT.. I'm super disappointed & have no use for the'new' landscaping tools. Almost all the lots are too small and everything around them is flat, so why add a random hill sims can't even walk up? Plus the peaks & valleys the tools create are way too big even on the smallest settings.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Disappointed
    I won’t use it. I’m sure it will make me sick.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Love it. Will use it sometimes
    I think it's so fun! I know it is kinda buggy but I think it's such a fresh new take om Sims 4 and, if nothing else, proves that the dev team are creative and innovative with the stuff they give us. I have great hopes for the future of content now because of this.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Meh
    I was hoping the game changer would be something else and I don't use this new one at all, it brings nothing to my game.
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    Hate it.
    I don't like it and have never used it and will never use it as I don't see a need for it. Looks silly to me..
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Meh
    I tried it out the other day and beyond seeing my house for a few seconds it wasn't fun. Too much movement and the weird clipping.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Other... Comment.

I thought we would get that soon, so surprise for me. How do that work,? I saw some play with it on Youtube. It could be good for some things, but I would love to back off and see the Sims body sometimes as well.
    It's not like I have the VR glasses. Its like I am in VR in my real life then I am looking at VR in the sims 4... Nooo, help I think I may faint.

They are really doing it like real life because we can not see ourselves or behind us. but I feel it makes me feel slightly creepy lol. we need VR glasses. It works great on the mobile, and cheaper.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor