Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Controlling Venue outfits for Sims, Player and NPC

Which files control what outfits a Sim will spawn in on specific Venues?
I ask because I want to make it so that Sims will arrive already dressed in appropriate clothing.

For the Gym venue NPCs already arrive in Athletic wear but Player Sims do not.
I would like Sims to arrive in Formal for the Lounge venue and Party wear for Nightclubs and Karaoke Bars.

I have had some minor success by playing around with the Situation Job Tuning files. I have managed to get NPCs to dress in Formal wear for Lounge venues and I have got Singers in Karaoke Bars to arrive in their Party wear. I believe I got Nightclub dancers to show up in Party wear also but that one seemed difficult to test since most Sims that arrived to the lot were fulfilling the barfly role, it seemed, and they just stayed in their regular clothing. I would like all Sims attending Nightclubs to be dressed in Party wear, not just the dancers.

I have had extremely minor success with getting Player Sims to change outfits. All I did was alter the section of code that stipulates the outfit and if the Player Sim should also change outfits from False to True. I have had it work hit-and-miss for the Gym, Lounge and Karaoke venues. It seems the Active Sim will stay in whichever outfit they change to for the first lot they visit. So if I send a Sim to the Gym they arrive in Athletic wear but then stay in Athletic if I subsequently tell them to visit a Lounge or Karaoke venue.
If I enter Edit World mode and then load back into the venue my Sim was on, they will now be wearing the correct outfit for the venue type they are at.

The only venue I have had complete success with is the Pool venue where I wanted to stop NPC Sims arriving in their swimwear and instead not have them change until they actually attempted to get in the pool. (I found it odd watching Sims walking down the street to the pool already in their Swimwear.) This one doesn't have any bearing on the Player Sim, as they already arrive in their Everyday wear. I also made it so that Sims filling the pool_lounger role will now wear Hot Weather clothing instead of Everyday.

Any help would be most appreciated. I don't know how active @SimGuruModSquad is on here anymore as it's been quite a while since I've asked a question and the last topic I asked about went unanswered.
a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
Thoughts on a new wall mode?

Comments

• AlistuAlistu Posts: 742 Member
    Anyone? I've not had any further luck and have kind of given up now.
    a.k.a. Menaceman44 on MTS.
    Thoughts on a new wall mode?