Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you place laundry machines in your homes?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I always do as it just adds more realism to the game, apart from in the more upmarket apartments where I expect tenants would have their laundry done for them.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I placed the washer and dryer exactly once, because I was playing an ISBI challenge I made up. That gave me all the experience with laundry in the game I could ever want. But I knew this before I got the pack and like others have stated, I felt the pack had enough other content that justified the purchase, I use the BB a lot and the CAS items all the time. The female tops are all great for hot weather outfits and I also really like the male CAS items.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Yes, always. It is a tedious yet immersive thing for me.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Yes. I have a laundry room with one hamper and a hamper in each bedroom. Chores are a normal part of my game-play. My kids and teen do laundry to build the responsibility character value.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    I use them in almost every household I play. I don't put the hampers into bedrooms though. I usually have a small laundry room and put a couple in there instead. For large households I mostly use 2 washers and 2 dryers so multiple loads can be done at once and it is usually one sim who deals with it.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    No - never. I just bought the pack for all the other content. I do not care for laundry in my game. My sims are too busy to be bothered.
    I second this statement by @Writin_Reg
    Players who wanted and actually enjoy doing laundry I am happy for you. Just not something I use in my game.
  • Options
    TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    Often but not always.
    Depends on the household.
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    I like to use laundry items sometimes, but it depends on the size of their house or number of Sims. I tried it with my main family, but the children decided not to do it. It was hard because their house was 4 floors with 2 basement levels.
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes, I do. All the time. I love it :D It's a part of my life so it gotta be a part of my sims' lives as well :D>:)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I do. Most of my home builds are 2br/2ba and sometimes a large hobby room. I'll put a hamper in each bedroom and bathroom, usually in the corner of the room where the door opens so it's out of the way. The washing machines are usually in the hallway. I like to have them close to the bedrooms. In a few houses and condos I looked at for sale, I'm seeing them in the hallway if not in their own separate room near the bedrooms.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I usually place the washing and laundry machines, together with hampers, in a bathroom or kitchen when that particular house doesn't have space for a laundry room. I also place hampers in all the bathrooms and bedrooms, because I'm too lazy to pick it all up.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    itsbritneybeech1_itsbritneybeech1_ Posts: 15 New Member
    I do, I like making a laundry room lol but it usually does get annoying when they have the slob trait then the clothes pile lays everywhere
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Nope. Not once. I bought it for the build/buy and CAS stuff. Not the laundry. lol
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I don't use the laundry machines at all and I just bought the stuff pack for the sake of it and the extra items.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Almost every house has them. Lower end homes have a washer but clothesline especially in DSV and OS since they are always sunny. If laundry mats were a thing I would of buillt one in San Myshuno as I think most of the lower end apartments wouldn't have machines or better would have communal machines but not possible. My only do laundry once a week since I place one hamper per bedroom/sim.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I have washing machines in some homes, and clotheslines/washtubs in other homes. Laundry is fun in the Sims 4,and I'm hoping EA will add a laundromat venue so I could build a laundromat.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Yep, yep! For some reason I really like my sims having laundry, haha! It's fun. XD
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I only have one household that does laundry and they use the washtub and clothesline because they're my retro 1950s household. Otherwise, laundry doesn't interest me very much.

That washtub is calling to me. Have little need for a laundry machine in my saves but I really like the idea of a washtub and a clothesline. Might get it at a later point :)