Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much can I really do on a Mac?

So is there a way to create mods and custom content on a Mac computer? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
xbeou9.jpg

Comments

• BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    You can create recolours in macOS using S4S but will need to Boot Camp your Mac or use a VM to run Windows if you want to mesh or create Mods.
    apple-signature.png
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    You can create recolours in macOS using S4S but will need to Boot Camp your Mac or use a VM to run Windows if you want to mesh or create Mods.
    Actually, you can indeed create meshes on a Mac without having to run Windows. I use Blender. :smile:
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • MimnimMimnim Posts: 2 New Member
    I believe there is a version of blender availble for Mac. A lot of tutorials are based around the windows version, but from what I've seen of them they are litterely the same.

So long as you are familiar with Mac, and know which keys correspond to what (i.e function instead on control), you should be fine following tutorials.

If you are thinking of buying a Mac, then I will warn you that you have to pay more to get the same performance. Programs such as Blender can be very CPU-heavy (they need powerful computers to run well).