Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA - Another holiday event is bugged yet again

Last night I started the caroling cafe event, woke up in a quick shift at the cafe when it's not my job, and no option to do the event at all. I'm just going to assume that EA will not fix this in a timely manner like the last event and I will not be able to finish it past step 8. Anybody else having this issue? EA please respond.

Comments

• CrueUCrueU Posts: 1 New Member
    Same thing happened to me stuck in the middle of the event & cant do anything about it.
  • duchiniduchini Posts: 2 New Member
    Me too. I was on step 22 but logged back in and it was back on step 20.
  • DeathclawKissesDeathclawKisses Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the exact same issue. Happened during the Cafe Caroling event
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    Hello.
    Try waiting until all sims in the household have completed their current events. Then try completely closing the app. Then turn off your device that you are playing the game on. Then turn back on the device, and open up the app again. Test to see then if you have the option to do the event.
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member

Geez figures....
    What an underwhelming event anyway. The prizes are so few and dull... oh but we get to earn colors... woo (yawn) hoo.... :expressionless:
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

• PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    _Bulma_ wrote: »
    Geez figures....
    What an underwhelming event anyway. The prizes are so few and dull... oh but we get to earn colors... woo (yawn) hoo.... :expressionless:

When I saw that we had to earn the colors I just laughed in disappointment.
  • Happy_GilmoreHappy_Gilmore Posts: 1 New Member
    The festival has Menorah and Kinara but no crosses or nativity. What's up with that?
    edited December 2018
    The festival has Menorah and Kinara but no crosses or nativity. What's up with that?

Of all the silly things to complain about...
    They have Christmas trees for Christmas, and Menorahs for Hannukah. You don't see a Star of David so why should there be a cross?
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

• StuzeeStuzee Posts: 2 New Member
    I am an everyday player from New Zealand, currently visiting a sister in Australia who also is an everyday player. We invest not only time but yes a little simcash as well. I feel very disadvantaged with this 12 Days of Winterfest Quest. Not only are my events to 2 hours longer than hers to complete except for the Search Regiftable Gifts is actually 4 hours longer than my sisters to complete. My complaint is I am on Fourth day Part 4 of 6 which for me is a TWELVE Hour event. After just completing and collecting the pink tick, it doesnt show as completed and I a now have to wait 6 hours to redo a 12 hour quest??? Not a happy chappy
    Stuzee wrote: »
    I am an everyday player from New Zealand, currently visiting a sister in Australia who also is an everyday player. We invest not only time but yes a little simcash as well. I feel very disadvantaged with this 12 Days of Winterfest Quest. Not only are my events to 2 hours longer than hers to complete except for the Search Regiftable Gifts is actually 4 hours longer than my sisters to complete. My complaint is I am on Fourth day Part 4 of 6 which for me is a TWELVE Hour event. After just completing and collecting the pink tick, it doesnt show as completed and I a now have to wait 6 hours to redo a 12 hour quest??? Not a happy chappy

Hello @Stuzee
    If you completed the Welcome to Winterfest quest that led up to this current event, place the three nutcrackers that you earned on your sim’s lot. This will shorten the length of the Winterfest events.
  • StuzeeStuzee Posts: 2 New Member
    HI @rosemow Thank you for your response. That's very good to know. My sister does have hers out lol. I got a little up the air after completing a 12 hr shift thinking was for nothing. After leaving the game and returning I see the event is back with 4 hrs remaining on it. :smile:
    Stuzee wrote: »
    HI @rosemow Thank you for your response. That's very good to know. My sister does have hers out lol. I got a little up the air after completing a 12 hr shift thinking was for nothing. After leaving the game and returning I see the event is back with 4 hrs remaining on it. :smile:

It is good that the issue worked out okay for you when you retuned to the game :)
  • EtchasketchEtchasketch Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello
    Why was I not awarded for my winterfest awards when the event ended? I couldn’t log in to use the rest of my rewards to claim prizes. Please help.
    This is very frustrating.
  • LadyOceanLadyOcean Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello to All
    With the last holiday event it seemed that EA made it impossible to complete. I played night and day trying to complete the event and only made it to the 10th day... I was a little moved by this because i spend so much of my time trying to complete the event. Now it seems the events are impossible to complete now. With the new update the prices are even more outrageous, you buy an item then pay to have it in each color😲.
    EA if you care PLEASE read the feedback and take it into considerate. Take from sims freeplay because this game becoming boring and less interesting.
    LadyOcean wrote: »
    Hello to All
    With the last holiday event it seemed that EA made it impossible to complete. I played night and day trying to complete the event and only made it to the 10th day... I was a little moved by this because i spend so much of my time trying to complete the event.
    I was able to complete all 12 days, but I used nearly 50 cupcakes. Not sure the exact number but I had somewhere around 130 cupcakes that I had been saving (I always save them for limited time events) and by the end it was in the 80s.
    Honestly I think it’s a little ridiculous to expect new players/free players to be able to complete that.
    There is no reason why holiday events should be pay to win only. Holiday events should be for everyone.
    But I’m certain nobody from EA bothers to read any of these suggestion tho... it’s too bad, this game could be so much more amazing.