Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What CAN be done to fix TS4?

Comments

• TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2018
    An option to make our Sims play custom music.
    More updates for careers focused on fame.
    Example: Bands, solo singers, TV presenters, journalists ...

Now that we have the film studio, they open up new possibilities for doing something really fun as well as acting.
    It would be great if the bands could also perform on live TV or outdoor concerts.

Like this:
    TS3_Showtime_Katy_Announce_1-e1331850726834.jpg
    Post edited by Tahabata on
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Marsh wrote: »
    I have another one that I'm sure has been requested ad nauseam already:

A way to copy makeup to all outfits!

Going through and setting makeup for every outfit is really tiresome. Maybe the interface can look like the one where we can copy a vampire sim's hair/clothing/skin to their dark form?

THIS! I am so surprised this feature isn't back yet!
  • KriticalKlownKriticalKlown Posts: 198 Member
    I want the horror channel back
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I think memories should be more organized. Like they could be organized into albums for each save and you could access the album while in that save. There's probably something wrong with this though.
  • cocoayoccocoayoc Posts: 3 New Member
    if you use mods, several of these things can be edited with MC Command Console
  • cocoayoccocoayoc Posts: 3 New Member
    and yes, i noticed how old the thread is
  • SlinkywaffleSlinkywaffle Posts: 5 New Member
    I wish newspapers could come back in the sense they show weather in other worlds because when I planned my wedding in a different location in the world my Sims lived it was sunny, but there was a thunderstorm at the other world lot.
  • SlinkywaffleSlinkywaffle Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="Slinkywaffle;c-16861743"]I wish newspapers could come back in the sense they show weather in other worlds because when I planned my wedding in a different location in the world my Sims lived it was sunny, but there was a thunderstorm at the other world lot.[/quote]

So really I just want a way to see other world's weather
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I wish newspapers could come back in the sense they show weather in other worlds because when I planned my wedding in a different location in the world my Sims lived it was sunny, but there was a thunderstorm at the other world lot.

I was quite disappointed that newspapers were not included in TS4 but I suppose it's a bit more realistic since less people buy them IRL these days. Still, I always liked the crossword in the TS2 newspaper and always had sims complete it for a bit of daily logic; plus I liked all the useful info in the TS3 version, it was quite cool to read what was going on about town, who had died or given birth etc.

I used to like the magazines too from TS1, it would be nice to have sims in TS4 order their favourite mags and get them once a week, for example. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • HavenHaven Posts: 37 Member
    There is a bug in the game that you can't use the 'famous brand' that comes with get famous.
    w7ctvt.png
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    Haven wrote: »
    There is a bug in the game that you can't use the 'famous brand' that comes with get famous.

You should report the bug to one of the Gurus about the bug.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • Proseon5Proseon5 Posts: 1 New Member
    There should an option in CAS that allows you to adjust how often, or if, a sims does actions like washing their plates after dinner, leaving a puddle after using the tub, washing their hands after using the toilet, or flushing the toilet. I seem to remember from Sims 1 or 2 that sims don't always do those things, but I don't want to give my sims the Slob trait just for those effects. Maybe add a personality slider? I'm not sure how integrated these actions are in the Sims 4.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    More randomness.

More danger and consequences.

Sims with more personality.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @alan650111 - I believe the latest version of MCCC adds such a feature.

And there it is: MCCC gives us some of the sandbox we had before, that should have been built into TS4 from the start. We need options. We should be able to toggle vampires on and off, by savegame and by 'world.' We should be able to set the full range of weather for every world (so Oasis Valley could have as much snow buildup as a 'winter' world). I mean--we've had seasons & weather in Sims games for years and years, so they knew when they started to make TS4 that every rooftop, tree, fence, and flower (etc.) was going to need artwork/animation for sun, rain, hail, and snow, so why the heck wasn't this built into the game from the start? Maybe they didn't give it to us immediately, but it should've been part of the planning. Yet they told us they didn't give us a new world with Seasons because they had to go back and redraw everything.

Really? They didn't plan on having weather and seasons, and had to hack in it later? I'm supposed to believe they were that bad at thinking ahead?

It beggars belief.

Anyway, to fix much of what's wrong with TS4: give us more options on gameplay choices as described above, fix the bugs, and stop overcharging for packs that are watered-down versions (fewer lots, less content/gameplay) of previous games' packs.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    I think memories should be more organized. Like they could be organized into albums for each save and you could access the album while in that save. There's probably something wrong with this though.

They actually were. They removed that feature one year after the BG released. You also had the option to choose what emotion was tied to each memory now you can't.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Make the game semi-open world, like a sim can walk anywhere in their current location, even nearby lots without loading screens.
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Make the game semi-open world, like a sim can walk anywhere in their current location, even nearby lots without loading screens.

That will never come much less open world sadly.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • c0mputergeneratedc0mputergenerated Posts: 3 New Member
    wild animals like in the past games!!
  • DudetzDudetz Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi sim gurus ^_^.. Im from the philippines... A big fan of sims 4.. Especially to its supernatural contents... That when i saw vampires long ago... It was the best version of vampires ever.. It seems that its already impossible to have all supernaturals before the time frame of sims 4. So i hope there would be a game pack like Mutants. That involve people, cats and dogs and plants alike.. Like a random phenomenon where youre child has a very very slight chance (like 1%) to gain a weird genetic mutation. Such as humans with scales and fins. Typically a mermaid. Or A very wooly guy, triggered by the moonlight, basically a werewolf. Or perhaps a a flaming human based on a Filipino supernatural santelmo. Things like that. And basically each mutation has an own evolution pane. Just like how superheroes tend to improve and hone their powers. In this way, it wont be too unrealistic since mutations do exist in real life intended for realistic players yet still satisfying for life state fanatics ^_^ perhaps a new job would be available like cops and superheroes. I hope this comment gets noticed hehehe... Merry Christmas...
  • Pooh930Pooh930 Posts: 3 New Member
    Sims 4 Suggestions:
    University Expansion Pack:
    I know it was already created for the Sims 3 but I thought that it offered amazing and unique gameplay that should be incorporated in Sims 4, especially since the focus on Sims 4 is to make everything more realistic. I think certain careers should only be accessible to sims that have graduated from the university and certain jobs should be accessible to sims that have graduated only from high school.

Highschool Expansion Pack:
    Similar to the get to work expansion pack, I think it would be really cool to go to school with our teenagers. I think it would be a great addition to Simmers gameplay. The expansion pack can include gameplay such as allowing Simmers to navigate high school, decide what role our sims will fulfill at school (such as queen bee, nerd, jock, bully, emo, preppy, and etc.), attend class with our sims where we can decide to have our sims disrupt class, listen, pass notes, or be a teacher’s pet. Also, we can add in events that are typical of high school students such as being able to attend different events with our sims such as prom, homecoming, graduation, pep rallies, sports events. Some other interesting features that can be built in could be: being sent to the principal’s office for disrupting class or starting a food fight, starting rumors, study groups or studying at home for big tests, running for class president, joining clubs, auditioning for cheerleading, trying out for football or basketball, cheating during a test, completing group projects and etc. Lastly, I think it would be cool to have various kinds of classrooms such as a science lab, a gym, a football field, library, and etc.

Vacation Expansion Pack:
    It would be nice to be able to take our Sims on vacation. As already incorporated in the gameplay, our sims can accumulate vacation days at work, so why not use those vacation days to actually go on vacation like humans do in real life. Some ideas that I think would be awesome for vacations are similar to some of the ideas already implemented in Sims 3. I think being able to travel to different places around the world would be great, island resort vacations (owning and managing a resort should also be implemented), being able to take our sims on a cruise, being able to go to an amusement park/carnival, being able to take our sims to the zoo, or even a ski resort in the mountains.

Career Game pack:
    I think it would be awesome to create some more realistic careers that players can actually participate in. Such as, being a teacher, principal, janitor, or counselor, which can coincide with the high school expansion pack idea. A few more ideas include: being a babysitter where players actually get to experience the challenges of babysitting with their sims, being a farmer, being a hair, makeup, or nail stylist (game players should be able to own/manage their own salons), being a mail carrier, being a counselor/psychologist, being a judge/lawyer, a mechanic, a personal trainer, a karate trainer (where sims of all ages can learn karate, participate in matches, and level up in belts). I also think that part time jobs should be incorporated not just for adult sims but also, for our teenagers.

Child Game pack:
    I feel like there is not much to do when it comes to children. I think like the teenagers more gameplay should be added for them. I think we should get back after school activities. I think it would be cool to have boy scouts and girls scouts where children actually have to complete certain tasks such as helping someone cross the street, finding certain items, going camping with their troop (adult simmers can tag along as troop parents). Also, I think it would be cool for adult sims to attend recitals if their child is in ballet, theater, or plays a musical instrument. I think kids should also have sleep overs, field trips, and spelling bees or math competitions at school.

Family Game Pack:
    I think more can be done when it comes to family interactions. Some things that I think would be cool includes: parents teaching their teens how to drive, family game nights, family reunions, sibling rivalry, siblings being able to blame things on each other. I think parents should have more realistic discipline options besides yelling and talking (parents should be able to ground their kids/teenagers, send kids/teenagers to their room, take away cellphones/toys, and put toddlers in time outs, assigning more chores.) I think parents should be able to assign chores to their kids/teens and the kids/teens should have to complete them every day to get an allowance. I think that it would be cool for parents to rock their babies and toddlers to sleep in a rocking chair. Kids should be able to sleep in parents’ bed when scared.

More baby, toddler, and kid furniture, clothing, and hair options. I think it would be nice to have various cribs and clothing options for babies. Playpens and walkers should be added for toddlers.
  • akinatsukana28akinatsukana28 Posts: 10 New Member
    The person above me said most of what I wanted to say. I hope with the University game pack they go back to TS2 style where you can pick different campuses. I love TS3 but it would be nice if we had more options for college campuses. Also, the thought of having a high school game pack sounds really fun! And more vacation worlds please!
  • sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    not sure if its been mentioned already but a trait randomiser button.
  • ForeverSims9170ForeverSims9170 Posts: 20 Member
    It's probably way too late for them to fix ts4 so instead I'd love to have
    *detailed animation(ts2 style)
    *better worlds(ts3 style)
    *detailed graphics(ts4)
    *built in pets&laundry
    For the ts5

But in case they do fix the game, i hope to see
    *body hair
    *create a style
    *re-creation of old packs and gameplay with better graphics
    *functional vehicles
    *no fake backgrounds
    And a lot of other great things that were in ts2&3
  • Anonymous_CeltAnonymous_Celt Posts: 2 New Member
    Make two story columns. Or just make them adjustable, height-wise, so that they can be used as "roof supports". This "one-size" thing is very limiting!
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    It's probably way too late for them to fix ts4 so instead I'd love to have
    *detailed animation(ts2 style)
    *better worlds(ts3 style)
    *detailed graphics(ts4)
    *built in pets&laundry
    For the ts5

But in case they do fix the game, I hope to see
    *body hair
    *create a style
    *re-creation of old packs and gameplay with better graphics
    *functional vehicles
    *no fake backgrounds
    And a lot of other great things that were in ts2&3

The things I marked bold are the things that WILL NOT HAPPEN
    Pets and laundry in the base game would mean an expansion less to sell. And Pets EPs have been huge money makers since Sims 1. And EA being EA, they would never, ever, EVER let all that money go to waste, just for the chance to have 20% more sales for the base game. They don't want to do more work for less money. We are talking about a loss of millions of $ here. Millions, they want to have and are almost guaranteed to get if they sell Pets separately, but are very unlikely to get if they built them into the base experience.
    Simply Business.
    In a perfect world, making a better product for the same price would mean more money made, but EA has decades of practice in getting a lot of money for minimal effort and making a much larger bottom line that even far superior products generate.
    They will stick to that, as long as it works, and there is no indication it is stopping or even slowing down. Bad Rep and PR don't seem to have any effect at all.

About the rest of the things you want for Sims 5, you are very likely to get the detailed graphics, as they want to sell copies, and the first impression is always the visual one in the trailer, so they will at least try with the graphics.
    About the rest, they will do as little as they can get away with. Look at what TS4 was at launch. The Backlash it got was the exact same backlash Sims 3 got after Sims 2 ended, and that hate and backlash only ended sometime after seasons.
    So well into the second half of its life cycle.
    And like Sims 2 and 3, there are now people who claim Sims 4 to be their favorite Sims game, without being bullied into hiding as a result.
    Every new Sims game has been hated at first but established itself over time as a Sims Game. Even Sims 2 who is now known by many as the best Sims game to ever exist.

Also, In my country, Sims 4 base game is the Nr. 1 top selling game. Has been since launch and that hasn't changed in the past 4 years. As far as I know, it never dropped to second place, and if it did, then it did briefly, so it was too quick for me to notice. Even with all the new games being released over the last few years.
    That tells me that Sims 4 still sells well, and the Community still wants more content for Sims 4. Announcing Sims 5 would mean stopping to do Sims 4 content.
    And if a piece of content was in all 3 previous Sims games, but Sims 5 comes out without Sims 4 getting it, how can anyone expect Sims 5 to get it? And if one piece of legacy content doesn't make it, how can we take ANY legacy content for granted?
    People are sure they will get Witches and Werewolves at some point for TS4 because both were in Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3. Personally, I hope we do. But it is very much possible they will just not do any Occults at all after witches.

So they would hurt themselves more than anything if they announced Sims 5 now.

The Bold things in the Improvements for Sims 4 are confirmed to be impossible to do by the devs.
    Sorry.

My Advice is to keep your expectations somewhat realistic.
    It's okay to want those things, but if you know you can't have them, no matter what you do, it's better to just let go rather than throw a tantrum and keep demanding. Most people I know learned this at a very young age. I don't know how old you are or where you are from, so I don't judge.