Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm not good at the favorites questions! Just assume emit for most everything I guess. XD something emit. Or red and black outfits cause <3 odd color combo I can't seem to get enough of....

That's probably why I love Bella so much xD
    Not a question exactly... But I would kind of like to know if there's plans in the future for Mortimer to actually straighten out. That first day on the beach I thought he had fallen in love with her, but then you went a completely different direction and he just had noticed her strength. And it seemed odd.
    Did he even know their favorite songs were the same?
    I dislike that he just throws money at everything and expects people to listen.
    Okay I really hate antagonist Mortimer and I'm routing for him to have a redemption chapter at some point.
  • Options
    Well that is certainly interesting...
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 Almost done with Early Years. Then it’s answer questions you’ve asked. Can’t wait to share my input. :)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Shadami wrote: »
    Tuesday Temptations
    1. Bella has several romantic partners throughout the course of the story. Who is your favorite and why?
    2. Who would you personally pick to be with if you had the option (...and you're brave enough to answer)?

Okay so read your replies and oh that was the ending ! I mean story wise it made lots of sense, but it was also really sad that it needed to end that way.
    1) Emit. And duh? XD he's just so loveable.
    2) for me? emit xD

@Shadami Haha... Emit is a character. I had fun writing him.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    sorry I've been rather quiet this turn, work is quite busy recently.
    But I'll try and answer some questions at least, now that I've read a part.
    1. What did you think of the opening chapter? Was it clear what was happening?
    I'm not sure, do you mean the prologue? It took a while until I understood fully what's happening xD But I kinda missed that part of Bella being supernatural.

2. What are your initial thoughts regarding Bella? Is she similar to other stories, and if so, how? If not, what's different?
    I have only read one story so far with Bella in it, and there she's much older. So I cannot really make a comparison, except that ofc that version is much more mature than this Bella as far as I've read (about mid of 2nd part)

3. What are your thoughts about Bella's family? Do you like or dislike certain family members? What would help you understand them better?
    I think I made it clear in the comments that I cannot stand her parents. I do understand their motives. It doesn't look as if they ever bothered to really care for her daughter besides the basic needs. They are so self-absorbed, I have the feeling that if they weren't religious and had a few less morals, Bella might have ended up somewhere in a dumpster as a toddler.

4. What about Mortimer's introduction? How is he similar or different from other stories? What about him stands out?
    His introduction was... weird xD A guy that keeps bothering someone and pays just to get his will. And the later chapters didn't make him more symphatic, rather worse. I think if he'd ask Bella to be a volunteer in research, I could still find some respect for him (after all, research doesn't always mean to be caught in a tube and have horrible experiments practiced...). But like this he's just a creepy creepo :D very creepy.

Thanks for your replies, @candycottonchu.
    1. I was maybe a little too subtle, but I figured the elements were there.
    2. There aren't many origin stories for Bella so I thought I'd try my hand at it. She is young, naive, and immature here.
    3. Ooo...dark words for Simis and Jocasta. They meant well, but didn't really think through their actions and the consequences for their daughter... ...and that 100 year curse is raring its ugly head in her life in many ways, including a terrible relationship with her parents.
    4. That's an intriguing thought. What if they had asked Bella? All three parties probably should have, but they're all absorbed in their own agendas.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Shadami wrote: »
    I'm not good at the favorites questions! Just assume emit for most everything I guess. XD something emit. Or red and black outfits cause <3 odd color combo I can't seem to get enough of....

That's probably why I love Bella so much xD
    Not a question exactly... But I would kind of like to know if there's plans in the future for Mortimer to actually straighten out. That first day on the beach I thought he had fallen in love with her, but then you went a completely different direction and he just had noticed her strength. And it seemed odd.
    Did he even know their favorite songs were the same?
    I dislike that he just throws money at everything and expects people to listen.
    Okay I really hate antagonist Mortimer and I'm routing for him to have a redemption chapter at some point.

@Shadami red and black are Bella's staple colors.

To your question... Mortimer is meant to be a strong antagonist and his actions aren't well explained. He has his reasons. I've got one spinoff chapter written for him, explaining his childhood and his own relationship with his parents which might shed some light on his choices and motivations and behaviors.

Opps... meant to add spoilers...
    When they met, Mortimer was bewildered and caught off guard by Bella and his "accident." Honestly, it was a matter of opportunity. He saw something in Bella he liked and he's used to getting his way or buying his way.

The song is about seeing life through rose- colored glasses, which as we all know, can't last forever, and this was their la vie en rose moment. Did he know it was her favorite song? No, but perhaps she reminded him of a rose. I suppose you could read all sorts of things into that because of what happens later, but in the moment, his intentions were pure.

Mort and Bella's relationship is one of convenience. Bella for care and comfort, Mort for a young mother for his children and possibly the posterity of a pretty wife... ...and a few other things I can't say without giving things away. I like to think all my characters are redeemable or at least capable of some positive change or good choices.

I have a habit... obsession...er... of writing flawed and broken characters, partly because they fascinate me and partly because they're challenging to write. Mortimer isn't wholly evil, just as Bella isn't wholly selfish. I hope my readers don't hate me for sometimes unlikable characters. :#

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Almost done with Early Years. Then it’s answer questions you’ve asked. Can’t wait to share my input. :)

Thanks, @LegacySims2017. I write long chapters so I appreciate you taking the time.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    i don't hold it against you at all. It makes a fantastic story :D... like Umbridge in Harry Potter.
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    sorry I've been rather quiet this turn, work is quite busy recently.
    But I'll try and answer some questions at least, now that I've read a part.
    I'm not sure, do you mean the prologue? It took a while until I understood fully what's happening xD But I kinda missed that part of Bella being supernatural.

2. What are your initial thoughts regarding Bella? Is she similar to other stories, and if so, how? If not, what's different?
    I have only read one story so far with Bella in it, and there she's much older. So I cannot really make a comparison, except that ofc that version is much more mature than this Bella as far as I've read (about mid of 2nd part)

3. What are your thoughts about Bella's family? Do you like or dislike certain family members? What would help you understand them better?
    I think I made it clear in the comments that I cannot stand her parents. I do understand their motives. It doesn't look as if they ever bothered to really care for her daughter besides the basic needs. They are so self-absorbed, I have the feeling that if they weren't religious and had a few less morals, Bella might have ended up somewhere in a dumpster as a toddler.

4. What about Mortimer's introduction? How is he similar or different from other stories? What about him stands out?
    His introduction was... weird xD A guy that keeps bothering someone and pays just to get his will. And the later chapters didn't make him more symphatic, rather worse. I think if he'd ask Bella to be a volunteer in research, I could still find some respect for him (after all, research doesn't always mean to be caught in a tube and have horrible experiments practiced...). But like this he's just a creepy creepo :D very creepy.

Thanks for your replies, @candycottonchu.
    1. I was maybe a little too subtle, but I figured the elements were there.
    2. There aren't many origin stories for Bella so I thought I'd try my hand at it. She is young, naive, and immature here.
    3. Ooo...dark words for Simis and Jocasta. They meant well, but didn't really think through their actions and the consequences for their daughter... ...and that 100 year curse is raring its ugly head in her life in many ways, including a terrible relationship with her parents.
    4. That's an intriguing thought. What if they had asked Bella? All three parties probably should have, but they're all absorbed in their own agendas.
    1. I think it was because I haven't expected anything supernatural in that story xD
    4. The thing that creeps me out the most is that Bella is still almost a kid, while he's a grown adult. Asking her wouldn't have made too much of a difference for me, as she is still immature and therefore can be easily manipulated to agree.
    Maybe I'm an idealist, but I'd expect humanity to evolve completely from this arranged marriages to minors thing in 400 years from now xD And noone could know what kind of person she would be as an adult at this time, and if she'd even be compatible to Morty.
  • Options
    okay I'm all caught up :D

Monday Musings
    1. What do you suppose Bella's motivations are early in the story?
    It looks like she's still trying to find out what she wants in her life. It's clear she wants to be loved, but I think she's not really aware of it yet.
    2. How does Bella change (or stay the same) over time?
    It looks like she's becoming more aware of what is important to her. But up to the very end, she still doesn't really take matters in her own hands and kind of still expect others to take care of her.
    3. What questions do you have for me?
    1) Why did you make Bella supernatural?
    2) Where's the other "prologue" gone? I remember I read a piece where Bella wrote a letter to her daughter, but now I cannot find it anymore. Is there reasons why you deleted it?

Tuesday Temptations
    1. Bella has several romantic partners throughout the course of the story. Who is your favorite and why?
    I think it's Malcolm, after all. He cared for Bella until their relationship went downwards without being so submissive as Emit.
    2. Who would you personally pick to be with if you had the option (...and you're brave enough to answer)?
    Tbh I wasn't too much a fan of any of Bella's lovers xD Can I pick Daniel? He seemed to be quite sweet.

Midweek Madness
    Many things happen in Part 3. What was your favorite turning point or revelation?
    Maybe that Bella still was seeing Emit.
    As the tension escalates, what did you think about the introduction of aliens (the Xenosi and Orbix)?
    They're kinda cool xD I haven't read any of your other stories, so not much to tell here
    If you can see things from Malcolm's or Mortimer's perspective, what do you think their motivations are?
    Malcolm wants to have a good time. He might have cared about Bella in the beginning, but that stopped, obviously.
    And Morty is too used to get whatever he wants. He thinks Bella is one of his belongings. I'm also convinced he never would expect her to actually leave him, so it was safe for him to suggest that she could.
    Do you like Emit? Does your opinion of him change over time? What are your thoughts on the cliffhanger at the end of Part 3?
    Not too much. he may be nice, but I don't like his submissive personality. If he spent already so much time on earth, I'd expect him to at least a little bit accomodate better, and maybe gain some confidence.
    He got better in time, though.

Friday Favorites.
    1. Favorite character?
    Jenni. Despite Bella being a terrible friend to her, she still was loyal and tried her best to support her.
    2. Favorite outfit?
    Uh, again, I don't pay too much attention to outfits :(
    3. Favorite setting?
    The scenes where Bella saved Morty from drowning. The ocean and rain were so beautiful.
    4. Favorite pairing?
    Uhm. I think Jenni's parents :) They seem to be the only ones to have a healthy relationship.
    5. Favorite chapter?
    I guess the drowning chapter.
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Sorry everyone for being so quiet but recovery has been very slow.

@Shadami I'm up to date with your story and I am now working on the discussion questions. I apologize for the delay.

@AdamsEve1231 I'm starting to read your story now and I'm hoping to read at least half this weekend.

• Options
    I'll throw up some La Vita Bella questions for those of you who have read some.
    I enjoyed your Prologue Part 2. Wish I could have read Part 1. But reading the The Early Years and Mortimer's confrontation with Bella's parents and what he wanted to do made sense. If I didn't read "100 years", it could be a bit confusing for the reader. But it would also would have made it mysterious.
    I like your interpretation of Bella. I've only read maybe two other stories with Bella in them and they have her as the sweet innocent Bella. I see yours as having a good and bad side. Which of course, is a typical teenager. :grimace:
    I'm not fond of her mom right now. That could change later. But from the Early Years portion, I don't get her. Simis is playing the fatherly role, but Jocasta is'n for the motherly when it came to Mortimer's visit and plans. She gives in too easy. Yes, she questions it first, but then goes into the "whatever is best" mode. She needs to stick with her gut and speak up. Hopefully I change my mind about her later on. We'll see.
    Is it wrong that I love your version of Mortimer Goth? :lol: In the different gameplay versions, EA/Maxis has him with different personalities. Some bad, some good. I like how you're using both. Will he become that Mad Scientist (the original version of the game, yes? Or is that The Sims 2?)? I would be curious to read a backstory of how you interpret the whole Goth family before Mortimer was born. He is very much different in yours so far than from the other two stories I've read. But he's just a youngin' here.

Looking for to starting the Uni Years!
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    1. I think it was because I haven't expected anything supernatural in that story xD
    4. The thing that creeps me out the most is that Bella is still almost a kid, while he's a grown adult. Asking her wouldn't have made too much of a difference for me, as she is still immature and therefore can be easily manipulated to agree.
    Maybe I'm an idealist, but I'd expect humanity to evolve completely from this arranged marriages to minors thing in 400 years from now xD And noone could know what kind of person she would be as an adult at this time, and if she'd even be compatible to Morty.

@candycottonchu
    1. Surprise!
    4. Agreed. It's still very creepy, though go back a hundred years or so and it's not so strange. In fact, it was considered a norm several hundred years ago - young women marrying much older men. It was a matter of necessity and survival - the women needed to be cared for once leaving their father's home and the men needing young, virile wives to carry their children and their legacy onward. Even today, there are countries like India, Pakistan, Japan, China, and Israel still have arranged marriages and it's considered normal among the culture.

Perhaps I should explain the context better The Sims live on a planet called Simterra in the Daleth system, an alien star system in an undisclosed part of space. 380+ years prior, the actual Sims lived in one of the last surviving city states (Simciti) on the edge of Eastern Europe. They pioneered advanced cryogenics, taking with them several thousand passengers and crew from many countries on Earth (or the Old World as Sims would call it.

Back to the original subject...
    In Simciti, arranged marriages were quite common and major country representatives - China and India - also carried over their traditions to the new Simworld. While it is far less common than before, it is still prevalent. And consider that one would've thought the Earth cultures would outgrow some things in the past 200 or 400 years, but we haven't, so it's not entirely implausible to not outgrow arranged marriages as of yet. Right now it's about 2390s in La Vita Bella at the end of the story.
    okay I'm all caught up :D

Monday Musings
    It looks like she's still trying to find out what she wants in her life. It's clear she wants to be loved, but I think she's not really aware of it yet.
    It looks like she's becoming more aware of what is important to her. But up to the very end, she still doesn't really take matters in her own hands and kind of still expect others to take care of her.

Bella doesn't know better, and she's never been treated differently than a fragile thing to take care of so she's not exactly sure how to strike out on her own. One might say she has a tad more agency at the end of Arc 3, but not as much as she probably should.
    1) Why did you make Bella supernatural?
    2) Where's the other "prologue" gone? I remember I read a piece where Bella wrote a letter to her daughter, but now I cannot find it anymore. Is there reasons why you deleted it?

1. I wanted to do something different than the norm. I don't know. I'm a rebel. :D I thought Bella seemed like a good candidate for supernatural genes.
    2. I didn't delete it. Bella's original prologue appeared in Kassiopeia Fullbright's The Lost Legacy story. There's a bit of crossover into Kass' story world and since I'm rewriting KCLKF, I&S, and KFLL (Kass stories), I removed Bella's original prologue. I wanted to rewrite it and tweak it a bit, but I'll have it back up, hopefully soon, but no promises.

Tuesday Temptations

3. Bella has several romantic partners throughout the course of the story. Who is your favorite and why?

I think it's Malcolm, after all. He cared for Bella until their relationship went downwards without being so submissive as Emit.

Interesting, you're probably the first reader I've had pick Malcolm. He isn't a bad guy, just a bit self-absorbed and wants to have a good time like you and others have said. He's certainly less controlling and manipulative than Mort, and more opinionated and assertive than Emit.

4. Who would you personally pick to be with if you had the option (...and you're brave enough to answer)?

Tbh I wasn't too much a fan of any of Bella's lovers xD Can I pick Daniel? He seemed to be quite sweet.
    That's a fair answer. Poor Daniel. Yeah, he's a sweet bi guy.
    Midweek Madness
    Many things happen in Part 3. What was your favorite turning point or revelation?
    Maybe that Bella still was seeing Emit.

Emit will remain in Bella's life as long as he has breath. That's not dramatic. It's part of his cultural identity.
    As the tension escalates, what did you think about the introduction of aliens (the Xenosi and Orbix)?
    They're kinda cool xD I haven't read any of your other stories, so not much to tell here

The Xenosi/Xekzoi attacked the Sim sleeper ship upon arrival and have been on-again, off-again fighting the Sims ever since. It's not quite known why they haven't completely conquered or wiped out the Sims on Simterra. They are also thought to be responsible for supernaturals in the world, but it's not quite clear why.

Almost 400 years later, the Sims have just finished an 11 year war with the Xekzoi so everyone's a bit on edge about the green aliens. Anything remotely supernatural is feared and not well understood, and those are supernatural or who know something either keep quiet out of fear of being discovered or want to exploit things. You can take a guess at which "camps" Jocasta and Simis and Mortimer are in.
    If you can see things from Malcolm's or Mortimer's perspective, what do you think their motivations are?
    Malcolm wants to have a good time. He might have cared about Bella in the beginning, but that stopped, obviously.
    And Morty is too used to get whatever he wants. He thinks Bella is one of his belongings. I'm also convinced he never would expect her to actually leave him, so it was safe for him to suggest that she could.
    Do you like Emit? Does your opinion of him change over time? What are your thoughts on the cliffhanger at the end of Part 3?
    Not too much. he may be nice, but I don't like his submissive personality. If he spent already so much time on earth, I'd expect him to at least a little bit accomodate better, and maybe gain some confidence.
    He got better in time, though.

Interesting observations about Mort. Yeah, he pretty much thinks there's no danger of Bella ever leaving him so you're right. He would be so manipulative as to give her a way out and still expect her to come home to him.

As for Emit... he comes from a complicated culture to say the least. The Xenosi/Xekzoi are a xenophobic militaristic matriarchal society. Emit is bound to the service of two queens... think bees. He is a drone. He would've had little choice in his life if he stayed on Xekzo. He still maintains a code of honor based on his culture though, even if he himself is rebelling from the norm. He also would be expected to show extreme deference to women just because of the societal structure.

While he's lived a long time, he still lives in relative isolation, interacting with humanity when it makes sense, with Bella as an exception. He is bound to a life of service, and doesn't know how to live outside that. He would also be expected to be submissive. In a culture where men are treated as little more than slaves and sex objects, Emit has poor self-esteem, but enough self-respect to leave the murderous, abusive, and xenophobic culture, but not enough to recognize when people are still treating him poorly, especially women.

Interestingly, both Emit and Bella are trapped in a way, bound by their cultures, their duties, their obligations, and their sense of loyalty, albeit warped for different reasons. Perhaps that's why they are drawn to one another. They view each other as fellow comrades in arms, battling against a cruel, cruel world, and tasting a bit of freedom with one another. They feel kindness with one another, albeit brief and often one-sided at times, and allow themselves to experience beauty and love with one another.

As Emit stated, in his culture, if a female were to "enter space" with a unclothed member of the opposite sex or be unclothed themselves, they would be propositioning the other or claiming rights to the person in a sexual way. Emit still honors this code, even if it's a bit ridiculous since the Sims obviously don't hold to something similar. The real world parallel would I suppose be a moral/religious obligation to only ever be with one person, romantically and sexually. Emit would need to be "released" from said honor-binding by the female in the relationship, which Bella doesn't know or wouldn't know.

Also it is common in the Xekzoi society for men to take their own lives after servicing a female in that fashion, like some insects "eat" their partners after mating. It's not always the case, and the female could prevent it for benevolent or selfish reasons. Again, Bella is unfamiliar with these cultural expectations, and Emit does not do well with explaining things, mostly because he doesn't know how and also because he does not wish to burden Bella.

All this to say, Emit does not come from a society where men are anything but submissive, or a society where love is an option. Bella actually does care about Emit, deeply, even if she's poor at expressing it, and therefore, Emit is experiencing something completely new.
    3. Favorite setting?
    The scenes where Bella saved Morty from drowning. The ocean and rain were so beautiful.
    5. Favorite chapter?
    I guess the drowning chapter.

I had a challenge setting up that chapter, but the screenshots turned out beautiful and I was very pleased with it.

Thanks for your thoughts, @candycottonchu.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry everyone for being so quiet but recovery has been very slow.

@Shadami I'm up to date with your story and I am now working on the discussion questions. I apologize for the delay.

@AdamsEve1231 I'm starting to read your story now and I'm hoping to read at least half this weekend.

@Piazzagirl1015 Take your time. The chapters are a bit long at times. I'm glad you're doing okay, and hope the recovery process is smooth and goes quickly. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hey everyone, new week... officially discussing but you can still catch up on reading.
    To be herself would be my answer. She wants to be a typical teenager. She wants to do things she wants to do, not what's best for her or for the family. I haven't read the Uni arc yet, but I think I'll get to know more of her to make a better opinion.
    I can't answer this because I haven't read the Uni arc yet, but I can give my expectations what I think is going to change. At the end of the Early Years arc, she overhears that she's being thrown into a relationship where she is going to be forced to get married and have kids. I feel her rebelness she has been portraying already will come full force. I think she will purposefully make it hard on Mortimer.
    I don't recall, but does Bella know about her curse? Is she aware what her parents did when she was a toddler for her?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I'll throw up some La Vita Bella questions for those of you who have read some.
    I enjoyed your Prologue Part 2. Wish I could have read Part 1. But reading the The Early Years and Mortimer's confrontation with Bella's parents and what he wanted to do made sense. If I didn't read "100 years", it could be a bit confusing for the reader. But it would also would have made it mysterious.
    I like your interpretation of Bella. I've only read maybe two other stories with Bella in them and they have her as the sweet innocent Bella. I see yours as having a good and bad side. Which of course, is a typical teenager. :grimace:
    I'm not fond of her mom right now. That could change later. But from the Early Years portion, I don't get her. Simis is playing the fatherly role, but Jocasta is'n for the motherly when it came to Mortimer's visit and plans. She gives in too easy. Yes, she questions it first, but then goes into the "whatever is best" mode. She needs to stick with her gut and speak up. Hopefully I change my mind about her later on. We'll see.
    Is it wrong that I love your version of Mortimer Goth? :lol: In the different gameplay versions, EA/Maxis has him with different personalities. Some bad, some good. I like how you're using both. Will he become that Mad Scientist (the original version of the game, yes? Or is that The Sims 2?)? I would be curious to read a backstory of how you interpret the whole Goth family before Mortimer was born. He is very much different in yours so far than from the other two stories I've read. But he's just a youngin' here.

Looking for to starting the Uni Years!

Thank you @LegacySims2017
    1. I thought about leaving the Prologue(s) out, but then decided I wanted to do at least one. I removed Prologue, Part 1, mostly because I am rewriting Kass's story and it didn't quite jive with the redirection. However, that part of Bella's story will return in the future.

2. Thank you. I wanted to do something other than the stereotypical good, sweet kid routine, and I wanted to edge her toward something more mysterious, dangerous, and difficult. It's been an interesting challenge writing a unlikable character in so many of my readers eyes, but I'm glad you like her. We'll see if your opinion changes or stays the same.

3. Jocasta is a complex character. I mentioned this above with someone else... the war with the Xenosi (the green aliens) is still fresh, ending only recently. The Xenosi are responsible for the supernaturals, at least that's the understanding of most Sims, and therefore, anything supernatural is feared and misunderstood. Jocasta wants to maintain status quo and enjoy a comfortable life and Bella throws a wrench into that, and so she feels like anything to keep Bella under control will help, not to mention, she wants to sweep the whole thing under the rug. Mortimer is offering a way to do so... Bella receives medical treatments, the Bachelors keep their upper middle class existence, and to the outside world, everything appears calm.

4. It's not wrong. Everyone has differences of opinion with my version of Mortimer. In fact, he's generally disliked. However, I wanted to write a totally different version of him than his stereotypes where he's always in love with Bella. What if he had a darker, selfish, pragmatic motivation for choosing Bella?

He's a mad scientist in the Sims Bustin' Out for console. I suppose you'll see what happens to Mort. I've got a bunch of Goth lore written in various documents, with my own interpretations, plus an upcoming spin-off short for his character as a child/teenager. He is a descendant of the original Goths who traveled to Simterra via space sleeper ships and founded the major city-states and countries of Simterra.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 thanks for the detailed explanation! I do understand where Emit comes from, and why he is like he is. But also I want to see him grow a bit more confidence, even with Bella, so that last chapter made me happy :)
  • Options
    Hey everyone, new week... officially discussing but you can still catch up on reading.
    To be herself would be my answer. She wants to be a typical teenager. She wants to do things she wants to do, not what's best for her or for the family. I haven't read the Uni arc yet, but I think I'll get to know more of her to make a better opinion.
    I can't answer this because I haven't read the Uni arc yet, but I can give my expectations what I think is going to change. At the end of the Early Years arc, she overhears that she's being thrown into a relationship where she is going to be forced to get married and have kids. I feel her rebelness she has been portraying already will come full force. I think she will purposefully make it hard on Mortimer.
    I don't recall, but does Bella know about her curse? Is she aware what her parents did when she was a toddler for her?

@LegacySims2017
    1. That's a solid response, and fitting for Bella.

2. Interesting predictions. You'll see. :) You're right on one of the points.

3. Bella is aware of her supernatural genes. She has to take medication and do medical treatments to suppress her supernatural urges and side effects. She's not fully aware of the context, in which, her parents "handled" things as a toddler though... so she's unaware of the "curse," though she feels the effects of it.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hi everyone,
    Today is the last "official" day to discuss La Vita Bella, however, you're more than welcome to continue reading and asking me questions or catching up. Tomorrow we begin @friendsfan367's The Benders - Week 1 (Dec 9-15th) Reading; Week 2 (Dec 16th-22nd) Discussion. I think we'll take a little time off at the end of the month to catch up and enjoy the holidays and just have some general discussion before hopping into a new year (2019!!!!) of reading rotations, starting with @LegacySims2017.

Thanks for those of you who have been participating in LVB discussion. I have a few final questions for you all.

1. Any predictions for the future of LVB? (To clarify, the story will continue. It's on hiatus right now while I work on other projects. Bella will return.)

2. What would you like to see for Bella or any of the characters?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Does everyone want to stay in the same rotation? If so, this is the new year schedule as stands:

January 6-19 @LegacySims2017 #BuildNewcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition
    January 20-February 2 @Piazzagirl1015 TBD
    February 3-16 @candycottonchu Neighbourhood Talk:Paris??
    February 17-March 2 @Maladi777 The Heffners
    March 3-16 @Shadami The Plum ISBI
    March 17-30 @Adamseve1231 TBD
    March 31-April 13 @friendsfan367 The Benders

Let me know if you want to change out a story or be assigned a different 2-week rotation.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Does everyone want to stay in the same rotation? If so, this is the new year schedule as stands:

Let me know if you want to change out a story or be assigned a different 2-week rotation.

Since my #BuildNewcrest starts the new year, can you just add that it will be Generation 1 (Joseph Simself) only, please. Then after April 13th sometime, move to Generation 2 (Jubilee Simself)?
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member

The scheduled weeks are perfect for me and I will be going back to A Race Against Time for this round.
  • Options

Since my #BuildNewcrest starts the new year, can you just add that it will be Generation 1 (Joseph Simself) only, please. Then after April 13th sometime, move to Generation 2 (Jubilee Simself)?

Sounds good. I can do that. I probably should've done something similar with LVB.
    The scheduled weeks are perfect for me and I will be going back to A Race Against Time for this round.

Will do. Thanks, @Piazzagirl1015 and @LegacySims2017.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest