The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't Rehearse/Perform with "No Touching!" Quirk?!?

cbartsch69cbartsch69 Posts: 169 Member
edited January 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Okay, I ran into an issue recently and I really thought I'd be posting this under glitch/bug but it seems to be more a game design flaw than a glitch. So here's the situation:

I have a level 8 actress (with acting skill 8 too) who needed to perform an action or sci-fi scene with a fellow actor in order to prepare for her upcoming film role. SO, I invited over the cast and tried performing. They'd both do their breathing as if about to perform, but my actress would also be getting an image of her scene partner's face with the red "NO WAY" circle over it. Odd, but I figured she just didn't like the guy. Unfortunately, before any scene work could actually be done my actress dropped the performance and the scene partner would just walk away. Hmmm... I tried it with every single cast member that came over, but no joy.

Curious... So I figured, maybe these hacks just weren't talented enough to perform with (either in career level or acting skill level). So I ditched them and ran my actress around town looking for a glowing celebrity to rehearse with. No matter how famous the celebs, they all dropped the action as she indicated her dislike in the thought bubbles. (Note, she was "friends" with most of the actors I tried, tho not best friend level).

Finally I made my way over to the home of Judith Ward--that superstar had to be talented enough to act with. BUT, no joy again! The same thing happened over and over. SO, I decided to load Judith to check out her acting stats--she was only level 7, was that the issue? I bumped her up to acting level 10 and tried performing action and sci-fi with my actress who was still hanging around the house.

SUCCESS!!! OR so I thought...

I saved Judith's level 10 acting and reloaded my actress household and tried to perform those scenes that I KNEW Judith could do with her. NO JOY AGAIN!!! They'd get all set to perform either sci-fi or action, but my actress would have the thought bubble of Judith's x-ed out face and drop the performance before starting. GAHHHHH!!!

I tried a bunch of scenarios to get it to work, but it just wouldn't. Judith could perform those scene with my actress when I was controlling Judith, but my actress refused to perform those scenes with Judith when I was controlling her!!! I was totally stumped and SURE it must be a bug/glitch.

Just then, her talentless businessman/boyfriend showed up as he's wont to do wherever my (level 4 celebrity FYI) actress happens to be (kinda cute/kinda stalkerish... lol). Well, he'd been a willing if horrible scene partner in the past when I was less famous/skilled/advanced-careerwise so I gave performing the action and sci-fi scenes with him.

VOILA!!! Her terrible-actor boyfriend was able to successfully complete the scene! (At least the action one, I don't think he could do the sci-fi one, maybe because he has zero acting skills?)

SO, I wracked my brain--why could a no-talent boyfriend perform with my actress when the best actress in the simworld couldn't?!?

It has to be the fact that she has the "No touching!" quirk. Why? Because she could practice acting with Judith, and even do some of the other low-level performances. So why not the action or sci-fi? By trial and error it seems like it's the fact that those scenes involve touching that made her drop the action.

Which has me confused... I thought the "No touching!" quirk was for non-famous fans and other riff-raff, but that rubbing elbows (or performing) with other actors/celebs would be totally fine?!? What gives?!?!

SO, since this seems like it's just a design issue that was overlooked, rather than a bug or glitch, I'm posting it here.

BUT I'm really hoping EA will fix this so that actors of all levels/celebrity/skill can perform scenes together even if one/both have the "No Touching!" quirk. After all, my up-and-coming actress can't reach stardom if she can only rehearse with her talentless boyfriend!!!

(FYI--performing for tips didn't work either. Trust me, I tried every possible combination trying to get it to work!)
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Hmm, my sim has the no touching quirk but she performs and interacts with other sims just fine. She just gets a tense moodlet.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    Hmm, my sim has the no touching quirk but she performs and interacts with other sims just fine. She just gets a tense moodlet.

Yes, that's what happens in my game too. No problem performing scenes with the no touching quirk
  • cbartsch69cbartsch69 Posts: 169 Member
    Odd... Not an issue for either of you? Then I wonder what it could be? Perhaps my specific sim is actually glitched then? She is constantly getting the "disgusted" reaction pretty much all the time. Is that what either of you are experiencing kittymeow and Gagea?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    Hello @cbartsch69
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue where Sims will constantly have the disgusted reaction. It isn’t though related to a particular quirk
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-3-and-above-star-Celebrity-constantly-quot-react-in/m-p/7177801#M76309

Try testing to see what occurs if another different Sim has the no touch quirk, and see if they can do the acting with others.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @cbartsch69
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issue where Sims will constantly have the disgusted reaction. It isn’t though related to a particular quirk
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-3-and-above-star-Celebrity-constantly-quot-react-in/m-p/7177801#M76309

Try testing to see what occurs if another different Sim has the no touch quirk, and see if they can do the acting with others.

Interesting... It sounds similar--but is it related to the fact that my sim cannot perform scenes with other celebrities? She can only perform them with her boyfriend? I'll keep testing and post on that thread when I know more.

I just moved her in with her boyfriend in another neighborhood that's not Del Sol valley, so we'll see if that helps with whatever her glitch is...
    UPDATE: So moving my constantly disgusted global superstar into a new house/neighborhood with her boyfriend did not fix the issue. She is constantly disgusted. In fact, she even woke up several times simply to express her disgust. It occasionally seems to cancel actions, but not always.

And I still cannot confirm if the "constantly disgusted" glitch is why she won't rehearse scenes with other celebrities. Even in the new house she won't complete those required rehearsals with anyone she's not in love with... Could it be because she has the noncommittal and hates children personality traits? So those traits are triggering her "no touching" celebrity quirk constantly and making her not want to rehearse scenes that involve touching with others she's not romantically involved with? FYI, she seems to be able to perform scenes with co-stars that she has a strong romantic relationship with...

On a side note, I encountered a weird "flirt problem with this particular sim. When she was first starting out as an actress, she was in conversation with a random sim when a "just starting out" celeb showed up. So I figured I'd have her flirt with the guy to further her career, so I tried a bunch of flirty interactions with this celeb. Well, they didn't seem to make a dent on him, but suddenly the chick I was conversing with first was developing a romantic relationship with my sim?!? So even though I did the flirty interactions on another NPC, they actually completed and registered with the other sim I was talking with. in fact, the conversation bubbles changed from his face to hers right before my eyes--even though I'd clicked on HIM to initiate the flirty interactions! What's that about?!?
  • SimisonSimison Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same issue in my game. If it is because of the no touching quirk, then I think it's kinda dumb because my celeb sims shouldn't act in disgust over other celeb sims :p
  • BirdOfParadiseBirdOfParadise Posts: 16 Member
    You can remove this quirk.
    Go to the 'Rewards Store', purchase potion 'Quirk-B-Gone' (250 Simoleons).
    A pop up menu will appear with the 'Earned Quirks', select 'No Touching'.
    You will now be able to complete tasks.
  • HB0T4KHB0T4K Posts: 1 New Member
    OMG I'm so glad I found this thread!

My Sim was having the exact same issue as yours, and she had a "no touching" quirk. I removed it, and IT WORKED!! :open_mouth:
  • TheDeandraTheDeandra Posts: 0 New Member
    > @cbartsch69 said:
    > Okay, I ran into an issue recently and I really thought I'd be posting this under glitch/bug but it seems to be more a game design flaw than a glitch. So here's the situation:
    >
    > I have a level 8 actress (with acting skill 8 too) who needed to perform an action or sci-fi scene with a fellow actor in order to prepare for her upcoming film role. SO, I invited over the cast and tried performing. They'd both do their breathing as if about to perform, but my actress would also be getting an image of her scene partner's face with the red "NO WAY" circle over it. Odd, but I figured she just didn't like the guy. Unfortunately, before any scene work could actually be done my actress dropped the performance and the scene partner would just walk away. Hmmm... I tried it with every single cast member that came over, but no joy.
    >
    > Curious... So I figured, maybe these hacks just weren't talented enough to perform with (either in career level or acting skill level). So I ditched them and ran my actress around town looking for a glowing celebrity to rehearse with. No matter how famous the celebs, they all dropped the action as she indicated her dislike in the thought bubbles. (Note, she was "friends" with most of the actors I tried, tho not best friend level).
    >
    > Finally I made my way over to the home of Judith Ward--that superstar had to be talented enough to act with. BUT, no joy again! The same thing happened over and over. SO, I decided to load Judith to check out her acting stats--she was only level 7, was that the issue? I bumped her up to acting level 10 and tried performing action and sci-fi with my actress who was still hanging around the house.
    >
    > SUCCESS!!! OR so I thought...
    >
    > I saved Judith's level 10 acting and reloaded my actress household and tried to perform those scenes that I KNEW Judith could do with her. NO JOY AGAIN!!! They'd get all set to perform either sci-fi or action, but my actress would have the thought bubble of Judith's x-ed out face and drop the performance before starting. GAHHHHH!!!
    >
    > I tried a bunch of scenarios to get it to work, but it just wouldn't. Judith could perform those scene with my actress when I was controlling Judith, but my actress refused to perform those scenes with Judith when I was controlling her!!! I was totally stumped and SURE it must be a bug/glitch.
    >
    > Just then, her talentless businessman/boyfriend showed up as he's wont to do wherever my (level 4 celebrity FYI) actress happens to be (kinda cute/kinda stalkerish... lol). Well, he'd been a willing if horrible scene partner in the past when I was less famous/skilled/advanced-careerwise so I gave performing the action and sci-fi scenes with him.
    >
    > VOILA!!! Her terrible-actor boyfriend was able to successfully complete the scene! (At least the action one, I don't think he could do the sci-fi one, maybe because he has zero acting skills?)
    >
    > SO, I wracked my brain--why could a no-talent boyfriend perform with my actress when the best actress in the simworld couldn't?!?
    >
    > It has to be the fact that she has the "No touching!" quirk. Why? Because she could practice acting with Judith, and even do some of the other low-level performances. So why not the action or sci-fi? By trial and error it seems like it's the fact that those scenes involve touching that made her drop the action.
    >
    > Which has me confused... I thought the "No touching!" quirk was for non-famous fans and other riff-raff, but that rubbing elbows (or performing) with other actors/celebs would be totally fine?!? What gives?!?!
    >
    > SO, since this seems like it's just a design issue that was overlooked, rather than a bug or glitch, I'm posting it here.
    >
    > BUT I'm really hoping EA will fix this so that actors of all levels/celebrity/skill can perform scenes together even if one/both have the "No Touching!" quirk. After all, my up-and-coming actress can't reach stardom if she can only rehearse with her talentless boyfriend!!!
    >
    > (FYI--performing for tips didn't work either. Trust me, I tried every possible combination trying to get it to work!)

Same for me, it’s now April 2019 and my actress will ONLY perform with her husband aka lover. She has the same quirk. I think she used to perform it even with the quirk but she most definitely doesn’t perform any rehearsal scenes anymore unless it’s her partner.
  • spaceylacey83spaceylacey83 Posts: 2 New Member
    January 2020 and this is still an issue. Maybe the devs figure anyone with this quirk shouldn't be acting?
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    Are there other aborted interactions because no touching?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • zirizezirize Posts: 15 Member
    > @spaceylacey83 said:
    > January 2020 and this is still an issue. Maybe the devs figure anyone with this quirk shouldn't be acting?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-GF-Angry-Animation-with-no-touching-Carefree-reward/m-p/7346203.

The dev said it's by design.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top