Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What life span do you most often play?

124...Next

Comments

• SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited February 2018
    Aging is turned off.
    I set my lifespan as epic to the max of each species (human + pets) and I block the age. Kill me but the sims 3 isn't playable with life states to me.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited February 2018
    Epic
    Modified Epic
    Baby 183
    Toddler 366
    Child 1278
    Teen 913
    YA 2007
    Adult 6204
    Elder 3468

Total 14419
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Epic
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    Modified Epic
    Baby 183
    Toddler 366
    Child 1278
    Teen 913
    YA 2007
    Adult 6204
    Elder 3468

Total 14419

...and we have a winner for the "Longest Lifespan in a Sims Game". :D Yeah, I don't know if I'd go for 14000+ days in my game. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited February 2018
    Epic
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    Modified Epic
    Baby 183
    Toddler 366
    Child 1278
    Teen 913
    YA 2007
    Adult 6204
    Elder 3468

Total 14419

...and we have a winner for the "Longest Lifespan in a Sims Game". :D Yeah, I don't know if I'd go for 14000+ days in my game. :D

I know one person that has uses one of 29,200 days which is the same as 80 yrs IRL.
    And the pregnancies in his game are literally 9 months or 270 days.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Aging is turned off.
    They age when I want them to age and not a minute sooner.
  • wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    Aging is turned off.
    Aging is turned off.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited November 2018
    Aging is turned off.
    I had to choose between epic and aging turned off :# My story has been going on for several years now...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited November 2018
    Aging is turned off.
    ... so I went for aging turned off, as it is what is happening most of the time.
    Sorry to double post but the vote didn't show up! :/
    NymlADp.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Long
    I noticed I said long when I voted but that didn't last long. I have found that I actually prefer a modified medium lifespan so that my sims get through the generations faster.
  • MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    Normal
    I usually just play on the normal life span though I do enjoy the short life span option. It creates a certain type of madness that I miss after not playing with it on.
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    Normal
    I play on normal but I don't like my sims to die so I feed them life fruit and potions.
  • Smiley_CatSmiley_Cat Posts: 33 Member
    Long
    I do 2 days Baby, 3 days Toddler, 7 days Child, 7 days Teen, 42 days Young Adult, 42 days Adult, 7 days Elder. I like playing YA/A.
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Long
    I like to switch between Normal and Long. I've never played on Epic but just might this time around so that my Founders live longer during my challenge :3
  • VexingQueryVexingQuery Posts: 2,180 Member
    edited December 2018
    Long
    I play on a modified Long, proportional to normal human aging with 4 sim days roughly equating to 1 human year.

Right now I've got:

Baby (age 0) - 4 days
    Toddler (age 1-5) - 20 days
    Child (age 6-11) - 24 days
    Teen (age 12-17) - 24 days
    Young Adult (age 18-35) - 72 days
    Adult (age 36-54) - 72 days
    Elder (55+) - 48 days + cumulative 5% chance of death daily after day 48.

The elder years might be a bit short, but it's my least favorite life stage. They get just enough time that a late-breeding townie's children will make it to Teen before the parent keels over.

I've also modified my seasons' years to be 24 days long, so my sims have birthdays that actually happen at the same time every year.

My own household sims carry Death Flowers and stuff themselves with age-reversing meals and potions, enjoying immortality while the generations pass by around them. Until I tire of them, whereupon they conveniently misplace their flower collection and meet with an unfortunate end.

• HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Normal
    I find normal the best. But I feel it is sometimes too fast, especially when a premade ages two seconds later without me getting to know him or her, in ugly random clothes. So I found myself turning to epic more than once. But story progression went weird and Sims moved into random houses... And it got boring to play a family who had it all. Never played medium or short... Too much of a perfectionist. I should probably try custom. Or aging off with cakes. Seriously, never found the perfect time span... Yet.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • EldraiEldrai Posts: 25 Member
    Normal
    I play on normal with elders shortened because they annoy me. In my legacy, they're constantly trying to take the babies out of the cots a moment after I've put them in - though due to the challenge rules I've had to keep the elder lifespan at its normal length.