Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do while playing The Sims?

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’ll watch TV or YouTube, eat something, listen to music, cuddle my cat.. I do a lot of stuff, so it depends.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • _Bulma__Bulma_ Posts: 49 Member
    I usually play and what tv at the same time.
    My love has wings, slender feathered things, with grace and upswept curve and tapered tip.

2190b6b18eb3013bd177502247d28a97.jpg

• jjhochbergjjhochberg Posts: 1 New Member
    I ate about 3000 calories worth of snacks in one day while playing...
  • DootLikeASkeletonDootLikeASkeleton Posts: 506 Member
    I eat. And eat. And eat.
    You're supposed to look at the post, weirdo silly!
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I write notes on the side and sometimes explain to my daughter what happens in my game.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Hatchet_Face_PrideHatchet_Face_Pride Posts: 2,096 Member
    edited December 2018
    I snack, or sometimes will eat meals while playing, if the game ends up being an all-day affair.
    Sometimes I'll come up with names that need to be noted while I play(for another time).

@DootLikeASkeleton: you are my spirit animal. B)
    rjsWAWi.jpg?1
  • unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    Maybe Im weird but... when I play I just play~ If not I pause it and watch youtube and check the forum. Unless having it paused also counts as playing? *its paused right now*
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited December 2018
    Eat, browse Facebook on my phone, post here, play other games, etc. I pause my game when I bounce back and forth between screens on my laptop but keep the game running while playing with my phone, or if I have to actually go away from my laptop for less than an hour. If it's longer than that or I go to bed for the night, I save and shut down my game.

EDIT: Sometimes I let my Sims do their own thing when I have to go away from the laptop but this usually leads to Sims not getting along when I get back (in Sims 2 due to personality differences lol). I have come back to find college students fighting...OOPS LOL
  • hzm02hzm02 Posts: 17 Member
    While building a lot, I would listen to music that match up to what I'm currently trying to build. Example, I'm trying to build a cafe, so I would listen to jazz music, or classical music to set up the mood. Usually, I do this to find inspiration to what I need to build.

Sometime, I watch Youtube while playing, or texting.
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    @StormySky I do that too! Harry Potter audiobooks are my go-to, I'm at the second book rn. ALSO Netflix. Season 4 of Outlander makes me so inspired to make medieval styled sims!
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Procrastinating.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    Nowadays I just focus on The Sims while I'm playing the game. I'm accustomed to speed play sessions (like 5-10 minutes) while I'm waiting for my boyfriend to get home for dinner or something. I used to play in windowed mode back in my Sims 2/3 days, but I like to focus on TS4 when I'm playing it. Occasionally I'll minimize the game, but I also have my MacBook or phone nearby if I need to do something else and don't want to stop playing. Sometimes I do laundry/get dinner ready while playing.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2018
    Nowadays I just focus on The Sims while I'm playing the game. I'm accustomed to speed play sessions (like 5-10 minutes) while I'm waiting for my boyfriend to get home for dinner or something. I used to play in windowed mode back in my Sims 2/3 days, but I like to focus on TS4 when I'm playing it. Occasionally I'll minimize the game, but I also have my MacBook or phone nearby if I need to do something else and don't want to stop playing. Sometimes I do laundry/get dinner ready while playing.
    For me that sounds like the only option, must admit this topic sort of baffles me (but maybe it’s a generational thing, I’m not good at multitasking). When I feel like doing something else I just quit the game. That never happens when I play 3 (have to force myself to quit and there have been many nights I just couldn’t :s ), it does happen when I play Sims 4 unfortunately. When I manage to enjoy myself for an hour, then I consider that a real good session for the game. But when I start to feel like doing other things, I just close the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    For me that sounds like the only option, must admit this topic sort of baffles me (but maybe it’s a generational thing, I’m not good at multitasking). When I feel like doing something else I just quit the game. That never happens when I play 3 (have to force myself to quit and there have been many nights I just couldn’t :s ), it does happen when I play Sims 4 unfortunately. When I manage to enjoy myself for an hour, then I consider that a real good session for the game. But when I start to feel like doing other things, I just close the game.

I'm definitely older than I was when I played the first two games, and I'm not as good at multitasking as I used to be lol. If I start multitasking, I usually end up getting sidetracked so I figure I might as well close the game out and return to it when I have downtime again. Adulthood sucks, sometimes :) I can't just sit around and watch Netflix/listen to music/play Sims like I did when I was younger.
  • sabby33sabby33 Posts: 17 Member
    i listen to music or write while i play the sims. sometimes i paint as well.
  • Nightleaf11Nightleaf11 Posts: 47 Member
    When waiting I usually watch mlp on Netflix. Yes I'm a pegasister. Hate me if you want, but I like the show and the characters. If I've watched all seasons and/or don't want to watch any more, I watch my favourite youtubers.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I eat and peek at the forums. Sometimes I watch tv while I play. It works, somehow.

I also have started making Google Docs files for each save and updating them with major events and such, so whenever it's paused I'm probably doing that.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• EliGrangerSimmerEliGrangerSimmer Posts: 62 Member
    I usually watch or listen to youtube while I play the sims
    I might look crazy but I am fangirling
  • PenguinColadaPenguinColada Posts: 76 Member
    Sometimes I play a game on my phone, too. Currently playing OSRS, finding my roots again. :)

Other times I browse Reddit or Facebook.
    nwNhIHG.png
    Origin ID: FancyPatsyCat
  • 3dwaffle13dwaffle1 Posts: 36 Member
    I usually eat
  • UnicornzUnicornz Posts: 226 Member
    I listen to a youtube video whilst I play the sims.
  • GroovyTurtlezGroovyTurtlez Posts: 36 Member
    drink coffee, eat, and have youtube videos in the background :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    Sometimes I watch TV or I'll listen to music while playing the sims.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Hmmm... I try not to remember that I have homework.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• bbyjojibbyjoji Posts: 32 Member
    i listen to musicccc