Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Iceman's Marvel Mafia - Town Wins, Pg 25

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
edited December 2018 in Off Topic Chat
In the spirit of the Avengers 4 trailer, which I just saw today, we'll have a Marvel-themed game.

You see a group of familiar (and unfamiliar) faces before you. Possibly some are friends, and some are foes. But there's more than what meets the eye, for there may be spies from both teams looking to spread confusion and gain the upper hand against their enemies. Who's to say that Captain America isn't a Hydra-brainwashed agent, or that Magneto hasn't had a change of heart and use his powers for good? Anything can happen.

Nothing too fancy here. Each player can pick a Marvel character to play as (or I'll randomize it if they don't have a preference). It's just for flavor because your character won't have anything to do with your role. I'll pick a setup once we've finalized our numbers. I probably won't do anything crazy like a role madness or a Greater-type game because my last few games have focused too much on roles. We'll stick to something simple but interesting.

Also note that I've only seen the movies and the X-Men Evolution cartoon, so I won't know every character. But feel free to choose one you like from the comics if you want.

If you're a newbie, I can furnish the general rules upon request. :)

General Things
  • I'm making days 24 hours and nights 12 hours. Be sure to send in your night actions early if you'll be away for a while. No actions submitted = skipped
  • Times will be listed in GMT so that people can just add or subtract the hours based on their time zone.
  • No hammers this time :) (i.e. if majority of players vote a person, day won't immediately end)
  • DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS

Beginner's Guide
In a basic game of Mafia, there are two basic factions: town and Mafia. There are also two phases: day and night.

During the day, everyone votes someone they would like to lynch. Town-sided players aim to get rid of Mafia. Mafia players aim to avoid getting lynched.

During the night, the Mafia choose a person to kill. Any players who have a power role (PR) can also use their power to help turn the game in their favor.

Other factions may exist and have their own separate win condition, which should be specified either in the setup or in that player's role PM.

The goal of town-sided players is to eliminate the entire Mafia and any other threats to town. The goal of the Mafia is to eliminate townies until the number of living Mafia players equals the number of living townies (i.e. the Mafia control at least 50% of the votes in the game, which makes lynching them impossible).

The format for voting is to bold or capitalize the word "Vote", followed by the player you vote to lynch (e.g. Vote: MJ or VOTE: STEVE). You can change your vote as many times as you want. Discussing among yourselves during the day and persuading others that you're not a threat to town is a key part of the experience. At the end of day, the person with the most votes is lynched and the game moves to the night phase. At night, you are not allowed to speak on-topic because you're supposed to be asleep.

You can claim anything you want, but directly copying and pasting PMs from the host or posting screenshots is not allowed, because the players aren't meant to debate whether the text is consistent with the host's writing style or if the image is doctored. Instead, you should be analyzing what others say and how they say it, and go with your own intuition.

Glossary:
VT - Vanilla townie (townie with no special powers)
PR - Power role (player with a special power; in the case of a Mafia PR, this power is in addition to their ability to kill at night)
LyLo - Lynch or lose (town must lynch correctly in order not to lose; usually this means that town only outnumber the Mafia by 1 person)
MyLo - Mislynch or lose (town loses if they mislynch; the difference between this and LyLo is that choosing not to lynch is still an option; usually this means that town outnumber the Mafia by 2 people)
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
Post edited by icmnfrsh on

Comments