Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kris Kringle a Christmas fun building activity. Open for 2018 - taking Kris Kringles now.

Comments

• Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    Your in, yay! @Movotti <3<3

• leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    1. What is your favourite colour combination(s) for your décor?
    Natural colour schemes Greens, blues, browns, greys, white
    2. Do you prefer predominantly wood, carpet, linoleum or tile, or a mixture of two or more? Specify please.
    wood or Tile
    3. What style of furnishings, windows, doors etc. do you prefer?
    • Contemporary

4. State how many bedrooms you'd prefer, and choose "one" of the following extra rooms you'd like in your house.
    • 3 bedrooms 1 Main, 1 guest and 1 butlers bedroom
    Choose only "one" of the extra rooms below.
    • Study

5. What sort of garden is your preference?
    • Natural or Zen gardens

6. What style of home do you prefer? Eg. Single, 2 story or split level?
    • Modern

7. What setting would you prefer your house to be in?
    • Nestled amongst trees and woodlands.

I have all packs apart from my 1st pet stuff :)
    Sorry @Jendowoz0612 I hadn't seen you tag me earlier! it looks like fun :)
    rzsH227.png
    Welcome aboard, @leashahampton glad to have you here. :):)<3

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Thank you for letting me know, @GalacticGal and @Karritz <3<3

@Karritz would you be interested if I can get a Sims 3 match for you? :)

Probably not thanks @Jendowoz0612 . I have a lot of CC and mods in my game now and I've been avoiding putting anything up on the Exchange in case something gets attached. I probably could make another Sims 3 folder with only EA content in it but I am pretty busy with things most of the time. I'm making videos, singing in concerts with my choir and getting ready to drive to Cairns in a couple of weeks. I am taking the dogs back to my son who has now moved up there for at least a year. So I'll be away for a few weeks with that too. I'm also working on an on-line print on demand shop I have and am making artwork for it when I'm not doing the videos.

Thanks for the offer. I think it'd be a lot of extra work for you to try to get two different groups based on two different games and I probably wouldn't get myself sufficiently organised to actually do anything for it.

Happy Simming and Good Luck with you fun.
    edited December 2018
    Good luck with the print shop, how exciting! Drive carefully and be safe, @Karritz <3<3

edited December 2018
    Last call for any one else that would like to join in please put your name here by about the 9th or 10th of December so we can get started. Thanks. I have let the rest of the English Simmers community know as well. <3<3

@AlienWithABox @Aussie_Simmer @aussiekarima @blunote00 @bokylie1@BreezaaRose @Bubbz3388 @chalicen @chesterbigbird @chips46 @ClairkP@darkamorpheous @dorkydora @Eudanil @EuphorialQueen @February11 @Figwit @fizzlegig @GalacticGal @giggler36 @ginnymalfoy22 @Girl_Alone @GirlyGamer4U @grevilliablue @harveyjames7 @HazelJ @imaginarycowplant @Jendowoz0612 @joralyd @Karritz @kiwicrone @Kymar @leashahampton @mcrudd @Mikezumi @MineWars @Mordecais @Movotti @mshadai @noddy @NoTalent @NRowe @NZsimm3r @Oliana @Oshtha @Pary @pmcavenett @puddleduck1 @RoOoAr5 @rosenero10 @Savage_Patch_Kid @sawdust @shadyladynz @Shinzhia @ShyMouseLissy @Sorceress @SoulGal7 @SportsStar25 @Starfree @Tatts65 @theFella @Unfug013 @uo_aaronjd @VeritySim @Vivienne62
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Thanks @Jendowoz0612 sounds fun I'll give this a miss not good personal builds not really sure how to do split level
    No worries, @chips46 thanks for letting me know. :):)<3<3

Come on pepes, I only need a couple more Kris Kringles to make this work. <3

@Jendowoz0612 try in the discussion thread more should see it there I think
    edited December 2018
    Yes I just put it in the general discussion thread, thanks, @chips46, that might help. I also added it into the lot building section where I thought people would be sure to respond but no-one has responded as yet. :/ I know it is a busy time of year for anyone, however, but people are still doing Simmy things.

I would enter but I'm no good for personal builds with a particular style build
    edited December 2018
    All you would need to do, @chips46 is use an existing build, delete the furnishings and add in the preference color and style for someone, you wouldn't need to build from scratch as such, but you know your own preferences so don't feel obligated at all :)

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    edited December 2018
    I am certainly not an amazing creator but I'm willing to give it a go. I'm from the UK if that's ok. What I don't understand though is the money thing... do we need to have a family on the Lot before building? Also, do we have to spend that much because I'm not sure I'd be able to.

Here's my answers in case I can take part:

1. Pale colours, like blues, greens, peach, lemon, light browns.
    2. Wood with rugs
    3. Traditional/quaint style
    4. Don't mind 2 or 3 bedrooms plus study
    5. Cottage garden
    6. Two story/cottage
    7. Amongst trees

I have all packs.
    edited December 2018
    Of course you are welcome, @elanorbreton. I meant the rest of the English Simming community not just the US and here. I can understand the question you asked and I thank you for that, others may need to know this too. You don't need to use all the money allocated, but it's there if you need it. A family doesn't need to be there permanently, just a single Sim to get you into the game. Then you build a lot for the Simmer you have been given randomly from the list of reserves on page 1. You will get one back with your preferences from your secret Santa (also a simmer from the list of reserves). If you go to a new game obviously you will need a Sim person to move into a world and then a lot, but they don't have to stay there.

So for example, if I went into CAS grabbed one of my pre-made Sims then went into the game and chose a 30 x 20 lot in build mode, and 'motherloded' twice it will give me $118,000 to build a home and garden. You can then build your home and test it with that person you moved in with if you choose. Once finished, you send me two images via PM as stated on page 1, save and keep your build in your library until the date I specify to upload it after the guessing of all the KK's are done.

When it's time to upload it on a specified date I will provide, it will just be the lot you've built for the person you are Kris Kringle for. I hope that answers your question.

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Thanks for inviting me @Jendowoz0612, but I won't be able to participate. Sounds like a lot of fun though!
    No Problems, thank you for letting me know, @Starfree :)

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I like the idea of this contest. Only one minus for me is the cash limit. <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
    edited December 2018
    I know it makes it a bit tricky, @MyFavoritedesign, but that's half the fun. I am a bit the same way, but I make good use of the hidden objects that cost nothing and enlarge the plants so not as many are used. There's lots of little tricks that you can use.

edited December 2018
    We have 8 now if we don't get any more takers in the next couple of days, I think we can still give it a go with 8.

If everyone agrees we can up the price to another 50,000. Let me know your thoughts.

@Bubbz3388
    @giggler36
    @mcrudd
    @Pebblycat
    @aussiekarima
    @Movotti
    @leashahampton
    @elanorbreton
    @bokylie1
    @momoito

• MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I think that limiting the amount of money in many people causes some stress. In real life it definitely happens, why do we need it in the game? :p
    7HX1Vwg.png
    edited December 2018
    That's true LOL but maybe that is why it is in the game, @MyFavoritedesign It is a challenge on it's own. I like to be challenged, it helps me grow as a person and if it was too easy in the game, people may become bored with the playability. There are many ways you can get more simoleons if you choose to in the game, which you can't do in real life. ;)

edited December 2018
    All you would need to do, @chips46 is use an existing build, delete the furnishings and add in the preference color and style for someone, you wouldn't need to build from scratch as such, but you know your own preferences so don't feel obligated at all :)

Thanks @Jendowoz0612 One thing I dont do is re-uploading someone's builds without their permission without someone's knowledge its not right to do that I respect other peoples creation there's no pleasure in re-uploading its a great pleasure when we build our own creation from our self from scratch
    edited December 2018
    That isn't what I meant, @chips46 sorry. I meant asking someone to make a shell specifically for KK for those people that aren't confident builders, not use anyone's and change it. I would not do that either without permission or acknowledgement. I said that in the initial post for KK, but I'm glad you mentioned that in case others thought the same, and I adjusted the wording on page 1 to make sure everyone understood it properly, thank you. :)<3

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I think that limiting the amount of money in many people causes some stress. In real life it definitely happens, why do we need it in the game? :p

Agreed
    Oh hamburgers!