Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like the emotional deaths?

Comments

• ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    Other (Leave comment below)
    I've never had an emotional death without cheats :neutral:
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I like the emotional deaths the way they are now.
    I find them amusing.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    I play realistically so for me emotional deaths are just stupid. I always pretend it was a suicide or car accident or something lol. There should be a toggle option.
  • ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I have not had any accidental deaths from the emotions that I could not stop, so I don't mind them. I actually enjoy using them for certain Sims, like the Anger one, as if they died from a heart attack or something similar. I actually liked using the Playful one for a comedian (it fit him).
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited December 2018
    I find myself wondering if people who are experiencing the emotional deaths so easily are experiencing a glitch of some sort? I've only experienced an emotional death once. A sim proposed to his pregnant girlfriend and she rejected him (I still don't understand why she did). He died straight away and there was nothing I could do, so I do understand people's annoyance there. Maybe the game should give a pop up warning?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have been playing Sims 4 since 2015, and have only had 2 emotional deaths, one of which I had to work really hard to achieve in my Black Widow Challenge.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I don't mind the enraged death too much. It may not be realistic but it's at the very least imaginable. I don't care for the hysterical and mortified ones, the idea is too ridiculous. I'd prefer if those were removed and replaced with more plausible means of death.

Assuming that this won't happen, Hysteria should be tweaked at the very least. My vampire currently gets +13 happiness every night in his house from doing absolutely nothing. Without the Deadened Emotions power he would've been gone a long time ago.

Vampires can't die from emotional deaths, so they can get as hysterical as they like. As far as I know, they can only die from sunlight, fire, electrocution, or cowplant.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • rshell193rshell193 Posts: 284 Member
    I would like to see a game toggle for emotional deaths.
    I’ve honestly never had an emotional death in my game (PS4) and would like to have one
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited December 2018
    Cupid wrote: »
    I don't mind the enraged death too much. It may not be realistic but it's at the very least imaginable. I don't care for the hysterical and mortified ones, the idea is too ridiculous. I'd prefer if those were removed and replaced with more plausible means of death.

Assuming that this won't happen, Hysteria should be tweaked at the very least. My vampire currently gets +13 happiness every night in his house from doing absolutely nothing. Without the Deadened Emotions power he would've been gone a long time ago.

Vampires can't die from emotional deaths, so they can get as hysterical as they like. As far as I know, they can only die from sunlight, fire, electrocution, or cowplant.

Not sure where you heard that, but it isn't true. I've killed Vladislaus with embarrassment before.
    I find myself wondering if people who are experiencing the emotional deaths so easily are experiencing a glitch of some sort?

It's no glitch or bug. It's simply that certain playstyles inadvertently promote an excess of Happy moodlets and others don't. I think those of us who play the same sims over a long period time and allow them more opportunities to get bonus traits or nice possessions see it more often than others.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I never experienced one. :)
  • unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    Actually, until recently I didnt even know emotional deaths could be a "thing", tho I guess thats how the new hot and cold moodlets work and why they have to be +99 from a technical level. So uhm, exactly how happy is too happy?

I sort of feel like an under achiever since I've always stopped bothering after getting a "very" insert emotional state. Tho I recently read all emotions can kill except sadness, which is way more prevalent in life than say dying from laughter.
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @unmog No such thing as too happy. Only a handful of moods can kill, and of those, only Playful is a positive one. "too happy" is only an issue if your sim also gets playful and it is the strongest positive emotion, then all the happy moodlets stack up the playful effect.

+15 playful causes hysteria, which will kill your sim if you don't get it off of them really, really quickly. So, when playful, having +14 happy would be bad, even if all you had was +1 playful...because combined they = +15 playful. As long as your sims don't get playful though, all the happy in the world is fine.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I haven’t had an emotional death in my game since 2015, so I’m fine with how they are now.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited December 2018
    I want to see the emotional deaths turned off completely.
    Whoops! Sorry, I totally missed seeing that toggle option on the poll!

I just HATE the emotional death stuff so much that I immediately clicked on the “way to turn off emotional death” poll option without noticing there was a “put in a toggle” poll option, lol.

So, yeah, I meant to say I want a TOGGLE to turn those emotional deaths OFF.

(One of my sims was an active, playful and cheerful comedian/entertainer Sim who loved to do jokes and other happy things, and he nearly died because of that emotional death thing where you can be TOO playful/cheerful/hysterical or whatever it’s called, lol. I didn’t even notice how far gone my overly playful sim was at the time.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    edited December 2018
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @unmog No such thing as too happy. Only a handful of moods can kill, and of those, only Playful is a positive one. "too happy" is only an issue if your sim also gets playful and it is the strongest positive emotion, then all the happy moodlets stack up the playful effect.

+15 playful causes hysteria, which will kill your sim if you don't get it off of them really, really quickly. So, when playful, having +14 happy would be bad, even if all you had was +1 playful...because combined they = +15 playful. As long as your sims don't get playful though, all the happy in the world is fine.

I have a few Playful sims and I HATE that there is a death for being too playful. :frowning: I found this out by accident when my comedian sim started playing and joking a lot with another simiarly playful sim, lol.

I guess I had a glitch or something because it didn’t take long for those playful ones to be really, really playful.

I felt like my two sims barely did anything and already they were too high. My sims shouldn’t be punished for PLAYFULNESS, of all things!

I haaaaaate this emotional death thing, pretty much. I try to keep most of my sims neutral happy (aka boring) because of the fear of those emotional deaths.

Which is boring, because I have several sims with fire-ry tempers and I don’t want to risk them dying to anger, lol.

It’s getting to the point of me getting a mod for that, since I DO want to play with my bad-tempered characters and playful characters and see the drama without having to worry anout some unrealistic quirky design.

Edit: Oh!! And I hate the embarassment death as well. One of my sims was close to getting a really high level on that emotional state as well. (I play huge households with limited bathrooms, so lots of bumping into each other in the bathroom and such, lol.)
    (She/her)
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I don't really have much of an opinion on emotional deaths as I've only experienced one emotional death in the three years that I've been playing The Sims 4. I can absolutely see why they're irritating, and why people doing like them, but they don't bother me.
  • PRINCESSReyPRINCESSRey Posts: 403 Member
    Emotional deaths should be limited to be caused by Occult/Supernatural states like Vampires, Ghosts, etc. ONLY.
    Anything due to Babies, Infants, Children and Teens I am against death in games allot of horrible Mods created outside have multiple factors including abuse and much worse usually I send these links to the team so the Mod can't be used there are sime sickening factors anything in this age rage should live rather parents pay a Fine, go to jail or a Social Worker puts Sims up for adoption.

Now adults are different we age etc. the factor many are so unrealistic you could hardly grasp what happened to the sim anything 18 and up can meet the grm reaper but please keep all youth sims out its horrible some posts in articles find sim youth death mods funny which is sickening to see my heartbreaks over this topic because I have intervened many times in real life that youth need help.

~PrincessRey~
    Emotional deaths should be limited to be caused by Occult/Supernatural states like Vampires, Ghosts, etc. ONLY.
    Anything due to Babies, Infants, Children and Teens I am against death in games allot of horrible Mods created outside have multiple factors including abuse and much worse usually I send these links to the team so the Mod can't be used there are sime sickening factors anything in this age rage should live rather parents pay a Fine, go to jail or a Social Worker puts Sims up for adoption.

Now adults are different we age etc. the factor many are so unrealistic you could hardly grasp what happened to the sim anything 18 and up can meet the grm reaper but please keep all youth sims out its horrible some posts in articles find sim youth death mods funny which is sickening to see my heartbreaks over this topic because I have intervened many times in real life that youth need help.

~PrincessRey~

I also want to point out what emotional factors create stigma for Mental Health perhaps the sim was experiencing Anxiety how is spreading a good message especially related to youth?
    edited December 2018
    I just want my sims to experience a wide range of emotions without worrying about this weird mechanic, basically.

I myself, in real life, have a bit of a temper, so I want to create sims with similar or worse tempers without worrying about dying.

I want some challenge and maybe some bits of mild drama or the occaional interesting stuff happening, but I want it to be realistic-ish, and I just don’t feel any satisfaction from emotional deaths as I feel they only limit and punish my playstyles.

So, I would like a toggle to turn that emotional stuff off,

OR,

give us some way to lower the chances of emotional deaths, somehow, without having to limit our gameplay.
    (She/her)
    I just want my sims to experience a wide range of emotions without worrying about this weird mechanic, basically.

I myself, in real life, have a bit of a temper, so I want to create sims with similar or worse tempers without worrying about dying.

I want some challenge and maybe some bits of mild drama or the occaional interesting stuff happening, but I want it to be realistic-ish, and I just don’t feel any satisfaction from emotional deaths as I feel they only limit and punish my playstyles.

So, I would like a toggle to turn that emotional stuff off,

OR,

give us some way to lower the chances of emotional deaths, somehow, without having to limit our gameplay.

I totally agree with you a turn on/off switch would be best I can't speak for the entire Mental Health community some what the realistic side but either way I do feel youth off for Discussion they should be able to live til 18. If someone freely feels they relate to the Sim dying and helps them then I am all for it but the problem is the CEO wants realistic stories and some plays Sims for fun do you want to eliminate both no, so toggling switch plus unrealistic deaths then what harm is it? Its just keeping mobile and freeplay teen friendly.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have no deaths in my games. I get bored and delete the game before anyone can die.
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    I picked a toggle for emotional deaths because that would make it better for everyone.
    Once in July 2016, I had an emotional death from hysteria in my main family, which had over 30 generations, and shortly after that, my game crashed, and I lost the family. The day it crashed, I remade the 4th to last generation, and finally got the 3 generations after it back. My Sim had a dinner party when it happened, and a lot of Sims told jokes without my knowledge, and when my Sim's wife was done with the cake, he was dead on the floor from hysteria, and their 2 little girls were crying. It was a horrible day for my Sims and I :'(.
    4kkjdXo.png

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Came here to add I think the embarrased and playful deaths are a bit ridiculous and I want my sims to be able to die from being sad or tense.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It is way too hard to achieve an emotional death, even when I play large families. I have to cheat to even die by hysteria in my game.
    I would want my sims to learn how to grow , gain strength from emotional stress and build up their own selfs this does not teach youth anything but rather if you're humiliated run , hide or have emotions like this.