Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Important Is Del Sol?

Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
I was wondering because I was thinking about bulldozing everything and moving the celebrities to Newcrest. I was also going to put celebrity hangouts in Newcrest. So, my question is how important is Del Sol and do my celebrities really need it. Thank you :smile:

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Not really, I've changed out every single lot in that town, like I've done for the rest of the communities in my game save. Something you might want to keep in mind is do you want some celebrity only type of places, this is done by that special door with the rope, and lot traits. You can set this up anywhere (any town) you want if you so choose. The beauty of The Sims is you can do anything you want, it's your game. I heard there is a celebrity walk somewhere the specialized floor tiles are at, but I don't know where they are located at. Might be something you want to check out first before deleting that location. Don't have a clue to where it is at though.
  • Rasia SilverRasia Silver Posts: 101 Member
    Thank you LaBlue and I will check the community lots before I bulldoze.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The world is important for the fact that it has a unique place where you can plop down your celebrity star. Other than that it works like any world.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The world is important for the fact that it has a unique place where you can plop down your celebrity star. Other than that it works like any world.

You can't move the studio.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Isn't the Studio like the hospital, police station, and science facility, where you can only build on it if your sim it on the lot currently?
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I think @Sigzy05 is referring to the place on the street where you have to put down the celebrity star to fulfill one of the aspiration tasks. It's Starlight Boulevard, I think?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    So,we can use Newcrest for our celebs to hangout and live. Then just commute to Del Sol for the acting?aspiration fulfillment. Hope that sound right lol.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    So,we can use Newcrest for our celebs to hangout and live. Then just commute to Del Sol for the acting?aspiration fulfillment. Hope that sound right lol.

Yep that's Right. Also don't forget to put lounges the Two new lot traits. While I can't remember the names, they both trioger the Oscar Show your Celebes can get nominated and the other one can trigger the Meet and Greets.
    TS1299 wrote: »

Yep that's Right. Also don't forget to put lounges the Two new lot traits. While I can't remember the names, they both trioger the Oscar Show your Celebes can get nominated and the other one can trigger the Meet and Greets.

That's awesome! Thank! :)
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Isn't the Studio like the hospital, police station, and science facility, where you can only build on it if your sim it on the lot currently?

Nope - it does not move and will not take any changes players make to it. It is very much different than the GTW careers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited December 2018

But people just starting out cannot afford to commute. That is not the way Hollywood works! They live in ramshackle small apts with as many roommates as they can muster - they work what ever jobs they can get and walk to auditions or bike. Believe me one cannot afford a car or transportation more than a bicycle - while climbing the ladder of stardom. That existence you write of sounds more like a fairy tale than real life - believe me. Besides one only has to travel once on the LA freeways to never want to do it again. Forget making it to the hard gotten try out - and then forget about getting another anytime soon, when you can't show up on time for the first one. That could end your career right there. That's all fairytales.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited December 2018
    But @Writin_Reg not everyone plays the game the same. I haven't started the acting career but when I do I'll bulldoze one of those other lots and download a boarding house type lot which will house the sim I'm playing and several other sims. Or maybe she'll be a live-in nanny for one of families in the high-rent district. Practicing her craft while taking care of the children.

Also I believe you can make changes to the studio while your sim is there but it resets when they leave.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Of course you can use Newcrest if you want them to. That's actually how I'm building my starbound save. So far I have Jimmy Stewart, Bette Davis and Lana Turner living along the strip so far. I'm trying to build this celebrity save slowly. None of them have gone into acting yet but I'm pretending they are near the city. That's why I put them there. They have fairly nice homes, not lavish but nice so I can try out the stuff .. it's fun to set up.
    In another save I've got a sim that will go into acting living in San Myshuno in one of the apartment buildings .. and another is living in the starter neighborhood in Del Sol and has had his first acting gig .. it was fun. I do think when and if my sims become rich stars though I will have some of them live in Del Sol. I'd probably put more reclusive ones in Windenburg.
    It's the Sims and we can have them travel to and from every residential world to work.
    egTcBMc.png
  • KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member

The Studio is different in one way: It resets.
    If you stay on the lot after you've finished work and edit it, it will refresh and be back to EA's Studio the next time you visit it, this is because of how it 'evolves' as you move up the acting career.

In my save, I'm currently changing Del Sol Valley so the only actual houses are in The Pinnacles. Mirage Park will just have two more community lots like an extension of Starlight Boulevard, and one run-down motel build that will function like an apartment via the locking of doors etc. This way I can have Mirage Park be a run down grimy section of Del Sol Valley, with a seedy motel, maybe a bar/lounge that's worse for wear and a small grim restaurant.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    As important as you want it to be. The studio & Walk of Fame are there, but the celebrity lot traits & bouncer entrances can be added & removed as you see fit. So you really can make any world your celebrity world.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If you think of Newcrest as being a group of three neighborhoods in the distant part of Del Sol Valley that you can see from the Pinnacles, then it can be a sub-neighborhood of DSV . Wannabe actors can commute from there to the movie studio easily, just as they might travel across town in L.A.

This is how I use my Newcrest. The row of lots on the right side of the map are community lots like a teen hangout, lounges to perform at and restaurant and hotel for residents. The small, rear neighborhood is a little older, more rundown and has lots like a movie theater, a designer dress shop, a comedy club, my YMCA and a boarding house for wannabe actors. The front neighborhood is a higher-end hood similar to Beverly Hills with big houses where sims in the entertainment industry live. Successful actors, directors, producers, writers, etc. This use of Newcrest works well for my stories that I play. The largest lot in Newcrest by the river is where my new rapper/singer/music producer wannabe that had that one single that went platinum lives in a huge house and bought over the top gold furniture with a lot of animal prints, my ostentatious mansion with a shark pond and indoor pool.

45478325004_2ea40561b1_b.jpg
    edited December 2018
    But @Writin_Reg not everyone plays the game the same. I haven't started the acting career but when I do I'll bulldoze one of those other lots and download a boarding house type lot which will house the sim I'm playing and several other sims. Or maybe she'll be a live-in nanny for one of families in the high-rent district. Practicing her craft while taking care of the children.

Also I believe you can make changes to the studio while your sim is there but it resets when they leave.

Exactly - which is why I could not even buy it - as it is not LA when it only looks like LA because it is fake and non-functional. It insults my intelligence when the view shows an LA looking world, but we have none of what we see actually in the game. When the backdrop overtakes your entire town - how is that the Sims we know and love. To me it is not. Like previous Sims games in between the Maxis made lots we had tons of empty lots. I did not need to ever tear down what was there as I had plenty of lots to build my own. Backdrops were simply that - backdrop and did not encrouch on the world we played in. How can you find that acceptable? I can't when the backdrop over takes the play area.

I should not have to destroy everything that is functional in the world to use it. I don't go around destroying the rest of my worlds to use them - so why do I have to destroy this one to make it usable?

Yes - everyone plays differently but in this case I get no option to play MY way

In dreams - I LIVE!

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member

Exactly - which is why I could not even buy it - as it is not LA when it only looks like LA because it is fake and non-functional. It insults my intelligence when the view shows an LA looking world, but we have none of what we see actually in the game. When the backdrop overtakes your entire town - how is that the Sims we know and love. To me it is not. Like previous Sims games in between the Maxis made lots we had tons of empty lots. I did not need to ever tear down what was there as I had plenty of lots to build my own. Backdrops were simply that - backdrop and did not encrouch on the world we played in. How can you find that acceptable? I can't when the backdrop over takes the play area.

I should not have to destroy everything that is functional in the world to use it. I don't go around destroying the rest of my worlds to use them - so why do I have to destroy this one to make it usable?

Yes - everyone plays differently but in this case I get no option to play MY way

I understand why you're not playing. Was just saying not everyone plays as realistically as you try to. I do hope the next pack offers a suitable world for the theme.
    edited December 2018
    Yep - I can agree with that - as well as there are some willing to settle for less - then there is me and I am not alone in this. There are many like me as well. It is why Sims 2 and Sims 3 still get played so much because Sims 4 is not good enough or even tries hard enough to complete what they start. It does no good for them to make part of a pack better than ever when they fall short all the time. It does not take long before the short falls make simmers bore of all they loved when they just run with the ball just half way up the court.

It is only a matter of time when those who play like I do see through the veil and draw the line. You're not telling me that half of a better pack is better than a whole better pack.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member

You can't build on the studio lot. It was reset when you leave.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would say somewhat it is. Like many others have said the celebrity star strip is specific to the world. But it's your game, build it to your hearts desire.
    WbUrFQm.png
    leetamme wrote: »
    I would say somewhat it is. Like many others have said the celebrity star strip is specific to the world. But it's your game, build it to your hearts desire.

Well that IS th problem - we Can't build to our hearts desire - there is not enough build-able lots. I wouldn't have an issue as much with the shortfall of careers in the studio if the town at least had a decent number of lots - but it gets too much when it's both problems. It's why a good number of simmers tend to go back and play Sims 2 and 3 just to build to their hearts content - and it is only getting worse in Sims 4.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You could never build to your hearts desire in S4 so I don't know why it's such a huge issue with GF and Del Sol Valley. This is not a surprise to anyone. Yes, eleven lots is smaller than other worlds but other worlds don't have a movie studio that changes to suit your sims gig requirements and a well developed career like acting. If there was no movie studio lot, there would probably be another neighborhood with four or five more lots. But I love the acting career and would not change it. It's fun. I haven't played this much since Vampires dropped.

If building is your thing (as it is with me), just create a save for building anything and everything your heart desires. Then, upload it to the gallery and share it with others. Then you can bulldoze lots and start creating all over again.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,555 Member

I was just about to bring up that all-so-important point.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You could never build to your hearts desire in S4 so I don't know why it's such a huge issue with GF and Del Sol Valley. This is not a surprise to anyone. Yes, eleven lots is smaller than other worlds but other worlds don't have a movie studio that changes to suit your sims gig requirements and a well developed career like acting. If there was no movie studio lot, there would probably be another neighborhood with four or five more lots. But I love the acting career and would not change it. It's fun. I haven't played this much since Vampires dropped.

If building is your thing (as it is with me), just create a save for building anything and everything your heart desires. Then, upload it to the gallery and share it with others. Then you can bulldoze lots and start creating all over again.

I don't bulldoze lots - so it does not have 11 lots to me it had 1 empty lot. I also don't share much on the gallery - I build as the Sim gets the money. I don't ue cheats - as I feel cheating is cheating myself - I am playing a game - why do I want to cheat myself - there should be empty lots for me to build on like all past Sims games even past Sims 4 had more than one empty lot. The only lots I don't have an issue bulldozing is sometimes starter homes but other than that I leave the lots Maxi makes - just like I leave in the Maxis sims. It is just the way I have played since the game existed.

So you are saying I need to change the way I have played for 19 years in order to play like YOU do? How is that fair or right? And yes I can build to my hearts desire in Sims 2 and 3 just by adding onto the worlds or building my own - I can't do either of those in Sim 4 either.

In dreams - I LIVE!