Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Lauren has bought some new clothes :smile:

47574724_10155986196376497_9044646477594361856_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=a78ae8c3dbb9baef5c3586c96877435e&oe=5C9651E9

A new dress for a date that she is going on

47455415_10155986196406497_938902644297039872_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=82879a9db9956a29364dd30db6cc5176&oe=5CA3530C

New sleepwear

47573629_10155986196706497_5586211392060391424_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=7b866ff8126279c4570cb1e565bf432b&oe=5C9F719E

Sports

47354921_10155986196726497_5657354299798192128_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3c8d71af9bacd8972bff34f7d27b9012&oe=5CB20012

Swimming

47577843_10155986196796497_5532160237957545984_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=ec329288528343729d430429c4af3af0&oe=5C686924

Outdoors

47502271_10155986196816497_7927638999890395136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=ec86f85003b051d13392ff726e6a0251&oe=5C9C46DD
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member

@plushtrap_107

Nice to see you pop in

@PalmArrow

Thank you, he does look nice aged down hehe

@meerkattime

He had fun, thank you
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Before Erica and Ronnie's daughter Iris aged up to child, her sleeping pattern as a toddler was a little messy. Because of this she aged up feeling very sleepy, and couldn't make much use of her first day as a child. She immediately took a nap, and by the time she woke up it was evening and time to go to sleep again!
    vgr6cVA.jpg

KXKlqTJ.jpg

But that meant she woke up early the next morning, and used the time to learn the logic skill.
    TlDSAsO.jpg

She also baked a plate of vanilla muffins and had breakfast with her mother.
    lpcBO4v.jpg

It was a snowy morning, but not snowy enough for school to be cancelled.
    zJm7fUa.jpg

Iris missed the school bus, so she ran to the street to get her bike.
    vJ96lXl.jpg

I hope she will get to know some of these kids soon!
    CdMaIiU.jpg

@PalmArrow I is always annoying with Sims are too tired to do anything at the wrong time of day lol
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Feedback...

@Springfairy556 , Awwww!! Moving in together! :heart:
    **The snow really did look ask like, good thinking.
    **I like Ryan's house...
    **LOL!! The sleigh going down the road!

@SydneyIsJoy , Cute kitties..

@emorrill , I always loved the bird feeders in Sims 4..
    36393187504_3ab2636a04_c.jpg

@Silverofdreams30 , Nice makeover of Tamara.
    **Yup I used store stuff for makeovers (mostly clothes and hair) but my Sims are all CC free otherwise. I may cave on some CC male hair soon though.

@king_of_simcity7 , I love the non romantic inducing interactions, not sure I'd ever need cuddle on the couch for mom and daughter but it's nice to know it's there.

@lanlyn , Thank you...Patrick was a wonderful guy, stinks when death is so sudden...you're here one minute and gone the next. :cry:

@Brandontaylor , Makeovers can be a pain, I love doing them most of the time. I usually do a ton of townie aging up or down for stories....(especially for the story I'm trying to finish now).
    **Yup Simis is a strange one..
    **Vita thinks Morgana is beautiful..?? *snort* (sorry, I despise Morgana..)
    **Vita looks like Fiona now, who is a friend of Claire's in a new save, had to do a double take of that first Vita Claire picture.

@Mikezumi , Cookies for breakfast...oh I wish!
    **Well hello Josie! I'm so far behind as I know she just aged up to child recently..
    **I love that hair on Josie, the girls always look adorable with that hair.
    **Stupid Gyroscope breaking sim!
    **Perrty family picture!!
    **Jason sure is into his looks!
    **Yucka poo bags!
    **You'd have Sim liplocked in the hot tub constantly...
    **Ugh! Other Sims in their outfits....blech!
    **Stubborn Josie..is cute Josie!
    **Lovely hair colors again, Love the light blonde.

@CravenLestat , Signed Connor up for the book club first time I had him in my household (probably a week after I started playing), being a bookworm myself I found out about it rapidly. My SS always joins.

@bekkasan , There are tons of programs for Zach, it's weeding though them to find the perfect match that will take a bit of time. Can't believe his last day is tomorrow...
    **Avery's room is adorable!
    **That CC pool is still one of the cutest pieces of CC I've ever seen!
    **Playing in the water with the kiddos...Adorbs!!
    **More kids??? :flushed:
    **Love picking on Em!! (It's all done in love...) :smiley:
    **I just thought that my "hidden" thread would be off the radar since it's in expansion packs I believe....guess my ploy wasn't too sneaky. :wink:

@MoonandStars83 , I play witches tons, Connor and Jared are pertty much always witches in every save/story.
    **You might have missed Alex, her story was fairly short, she was a genie. I have tons of vampires in my saves, but don't typically directly play them. Belle comes from an all vampire family..they are among my oldest Sims.

Belle, her parents, and her brothers Simon, Seth and Sebastian.

35096440213_e7030c8f06_c.jpg

**You must mean Zane...those are veins. :wink: (He's an odd one..)

@coco , The fake Misunderstood update was fun to create.. :wink:

@polrbear , Sounds like you're having a ball with creating CC.

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    It's monstrously hot here so I haven't simmed since 7am yesterday before it hit. I have been mostly doing a Netflix Marathon while I wait this out. It didn't go below 25 C last night! :o so I only slept a little so I will probably Netflix all day as well. I have been popping in and reading but won't leave comments until probably tomorrow. Happy Simming!
    @Charlottesmom I think that the interaction is only for Sims who are not related
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • SydneyIsJoySydneyIsJoy Posts: 81 Member
    Quick vacation update!
    I decided to take the girls to Isla Paradiso after all. They're staying in a lovely houseboat, but I think they're more focused on each other ;)
    T7X3GLu.jpg

Maribel did some reading on the deck while Roseanne was cooking a nice (vegetarian) dinner for them.
    1l0vwCt.jpg
    DiWg0pN.jpg
    Also, I zoomed in on Maribel's book, and I'm pretty sure she's reading sheet music... Wat?
    (Maybe that's just how all books look and I've never noticed, but I thought it was funny cause she's into music :lol:)

Maribel met a celebrity (that I can't recall the name of) while the girls were out and about and managed to impress her by telling her how good she is at music.
    VUICpv3.jpg
    (Roseanne in the background like "Hello? Shouldn't you be paying attention to me, your fiancee?" :lol:)

After some more days of exploring and quality time...
    YA3BjPq.jpg
    v8TjdfO.jpg
    2OEMeQv.jpg

Roseanne discussed their marriage with Maribel, and they both agreed that since they both didn't want anything big, it would be nice for them to get married while on vacation.
    3x75Ne2.jpg

They exchanged rings on the top deck of their houseboat (in the rain)
    nvu1aCP.jpg
    55EiDeo.jpg
    Ta5y4VT.jpg
    S9aPgcE.jpg

A small ceremony, but special nonetheless :)
    More soon :)
    NfH7apk.gif
    If you wanna read about my families, you can check out my blog!
    (I'd really appreciate it C:)
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,764 Member

@emorrill Great start to the story! I wonder what happened to Hodge to make him act so mean to everyone. I know Miriam will find out.

@king_of_simcity7 You're welcome.
    Great pictures of Lauren's new clothes.

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome, and thank you. Nick sure seems like a mafia boss.
    Nice Aurora update. I really like what you did to Gobias and Xander.

@bekkasan Thank you, I should have done something like that myself. I'm definitely sticking around. This thread is one of my favorite things to check on everyday. I think I have an idea for what I am doing first, which I'll talk about that after the replies.

@PalmArrow Lol, I asked everyone at the party to join in on it.
    Lol, It's funny when they need a nap then wake up just to sleep again. What time do you send you're sims to bed? I usually aim for 8:30 pm unless they have a night job.
    Got to get that logic skill up, it'll definitely help her.
    Nice update, I really enjoyed it.

@Springfairy556 Wow, in the first picture, Lynn looks really beautiful! Ryan seems like the romantic type of person.
    Sweet! I was wondering if she would say yes if he proposed, and she did!

@meerkattime No they don't. Nick is jealous of the Landgraab's and Goth's since most people like them,
    Thank you, I'm going to start the story over with a few changes at the beginning of the year or so. Read the note below where I will explain what I have planned :)
    Good job, Allie! You show that mummy whose boss!

@Charlottesmom I bet it is a pain. I look at everyone's makeovers and can't believe how much work must go into them.
    I like Bella's family a lot. I'm mad the save is gone but I'm going to play them eventually.
    Lol, what's wrong with Morgana? She does need a little work though. I also play Sims 4 and some simmers made the Wolff's along with other Sims 3 families.
    I didn't know what to do with Vita. She has a weird face, in my opinion.

@SydneyIsJoy Awesome Maribel and Roseanne update!
    Beautiful wedding pictures.

***So as I said before, I lost the save file of the Sunset Valley families. I'm going to start it up again but just not right away, and the story may change a bit when I do. I'm not going to reboot Ava's story yet, I'll wait a bit for that one but what I am going to do is play a story with the sim that @CravenLestat created for me. Her name is Celeste Swanson and I thought I would create a story just for her. I'll post pictures tonight, I just have to decide what town to play her in. Craven created a holiday look for her everyday so I am going to put her in regular everyday clothes for the story unless I do a Christmas update with her. Also, I am saving a few backup files so I don't lose any progress. Until then, happy simming everyone!
    @Charlottesmom I think that the interaction is only for Sims who are not related

@king_of_simcity7 ...Do you mean cuddle on couch? True related couples can’t partake, except married couples. I wish the kids could cuddle on the couch while watching TV or something, that could be cute.
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @Brandontaylor Great update. Agnes needs a new haircut, but other than that, pretty enjoyable.

@king_of_simcity7 I would have just cheated the curse away (likely gave her full snake charming skills, and debug charmer basket, and gotten kissed).
    ****Lauren's new outfits are cute.

@Mikezumi Love the penguin crib! I need to use it more.
    ****Thank you.
    ****Just rub it in for those of us trapped in the Northern Hemisphere's temperate zones... (sarcasm, obviously)

@coco Thank you. @CravenLestat designed the shirt, and it should be in his studio (in case you missed it).

@Kagome7650 There's always time to start playing again.

@bekkasan I'm more glad I got the Lullaby of Doom straight off.

@emorrill Great story so far. Not sure about the Flickr thing. What size are you using when you get the code?

@PalmArrow Thank you.

@Springfairy556 Yay, more happiness. Lynn's dress is lovely.

@Silverofdreams30 Still not used to seeing Gobias without the comb-over.

@meerkattime In her bikini no less.

@FrigidChick Just as long as no one hands them any matches, I guess.

@plushtrap_107 *waves*

@Charlottesmom I guess I don't notice because you don't make a big deal out of it.

@SydneyIsJoy I think I use that houseboat in one of my saves. Great update.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last night I played the Blacks. Isabelle and Iris aged up to YA, and have, thankfully, grown into their looks (especially Isabelle). Once I put them through CAS, I'll export them and move them out. I actually really like the outfit Iris rolled, but Isabelle looks like she got dressed in the dark.
    When I get back in-game, Jessamyn and Jocelyn will age up to toddler (I'll probably cheat their skills). Apparently Becky's YA hair (which came from Movie Stuff) isn't available for full-on Adults, so I gave her the mini-buns her IRL counterpart had previously admired on a couple of my Sims.
    ldeyW4K.jpg
    pQ514jI.jpg

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    After teaching Nathan how to walk, I went ahead and trained him to use the potty... :)
    YUom8Jll.jpg

SS: Boy Nathan, you sure are one stinky little toddler... :s
    Nathan: goo goo
    oSAJOfBl.jpg

SS: For a little toddler like you, you sure have a lot of poo in you... :#
    Nathan: poo poo
    E3yykb8l.jpg

Scout went out to the front porch and kept guard for the night... :)
    GEcfWh2l.jpg

When about 5:25 in the morning came around, Scout made his way to the bedroom to wake Donny up again but Donny had shoo'ed Scout away for disturbing his sleep.
    yJknUdcl.jpg

So I got up and went out to the kitchen to make us some waffles for breakfast... :)
    vSMjq9kl.jpg

While I was fixing breakfast, Donny goes out to get the mail from the mailbox but had to wait for the mail lady to move as she just wanted to stand in front of the mailbox for a while... :D
    kRTJIVzl.jpg

Once the mail lady had finally decided to leave, Donny was able to retrieve the mail... :)
    AuWhWWYl.jpg

Donny got a letter from Meadow Carpenter-Rhodes. ( I guess I'm going to have to have a word or 2 with her and use my voodoo doll on her as well as some type of potion in hopes that she will leave Donny alone... >:) )
    tEM4t6ml.png

Then Donny got a letter and some flowers out of the mailbox that's from Craven to me. (Donny thinking to himself: Who does Craven think he is by sending a letter and flowers to the mother of my son?... :angry: )
    fCREocjl.png

Then he retrieved another letter for me from Fred Claus that had an oven mitt rack along with it. (Donny thinking to himself again: I guess I might have to have a word with Fred Claus about sending letters and gifts to a lady that's already taken... :angry: )
    K7MuKlCl.png

After I cleaned up the breakfast dishes, I went to talk to Anne Droid so that we can get to know each other better... :) So I asked her about her day... :)
    Qv4gQw6l.jpg

Then we to talking about art afterwards... :)
    GktEVfll.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    edited December 2018
    In between packing and having to deal with another blasted round of bronchitis...haven't played much Sims 3 lately (as in none at all). But was just taking time to watch the George H.W. Bush memorial services. I was in the last 5 months of my last year of high-school when George H.W. Bush took office. I watched pretty much all the eulogies and remembered the year when I was 18 turning 19. It was a tumultuous time. So wrote my own...little eulogy. Forgive me, for I am not as eloquent with words as former Secretary of State James Baker.
    I recall 1989, all too well, it was nearly the end of the Cold War; I was in my last year of high-school having taken two years to complete Gr. 11; more concerned about making the grade to make it out of high-school than being interested in world affairs. January 20, 1989 was the date that George Herbert Walker Bush took office as the President of the United States, just sixteen days after two Tomcats from VF-32 downed two Libyan MiG 23s over the Gulf of Sidra, after tensions between Khaddafi’s Libya and the United States sparked into flame.

How little did I know of the political manoeuvring that George Bush did in order to keep the world from dissolving in the flame of nuclear conflict? It was a scary time knowing that with the dissolution of the Soviet Union, that the entire European continent was a tinderbox. Things could have easily gone the other way. It was only the work of both Mikhail Gorbachev (a moderate in the Soviet Politburo) and George H.W. Bush, that we escaped nuclear war. It was Bush and Gorbachev’s deft manoeuvring at keeping the peace that allowed us to survive that tumultuous time when nervous fingers were on the button to launch. The Soviet Union and the United States had been on opposite ends of the spectrum for many decades previous. The 40th president, Ronald Reagan had set the stage; and your 41st President George Herbert Walker Bush had succeeded in bringing the Cold War to a close.

I am, but a faceless person amongst the billions of people who would have been affected adversely if the Cold War went hot and for that we are indebted to the 41st President of the United States. There are those who wish for the world to burn; for in those flames do they feel justified in their nihilistic leanings. Thank goodness for the sake of the world that we did not give in to those who hold up those views.

As my eighteenth PM of my country said of the President; that George H.W. Bush was a great friend of Canada. His was a life of service to his fellow man, not just to his own country, but to the world. For the decisions that benefitted the United States also had consequences for the rest of the world and the President knew this. And the world owes him a debt of gratitude for his guidance through the end of the Cold War.

We have seen the last of the great statesmen with the passing of George H.W. Bush and heaven knows if we will ever see his like ever again. As an adult pushing 50 now, I have seen many Presidents come and go but none coming hereafter will ever be as deft at handling international affairs as your 41st President.

I shared a birth-date with the 41st President of the United States (though 46 years apart) and if it hadn’t been for George H.W. Bush’s guidance and negotiation of a treaty with the Soviet Union and its eventual dissolution and the emergence of the Russian Republic, none of us would have had the 29 years that has followed. And for that, I am grateful.

Rest in Peace, Mr. President. Thank you for your life of service.

JAGVeteransDay2.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @lisasc360 Thought I would make you smile...

If my sim lived with you

ovwd4kl.png

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @Nikkei_Simmer, I too have been watching the ceremonies for Former President Bush. So a touching ceremony and send off for him... :cry:
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the feedback :smile:

@Charlottesmom I see nothing wrong with family members cuddling on the sofa such as children watching TV with their parents

@MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comments :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 , I was just cuddling with my 16 year old on the couch (we were watching dumb videos on youtube), I adore cuddling with my kids...really wish it was available for Sims 3.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    47577136_206322690291991_4194954030415347712_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=d13560944c2e4c3cd45f0735b57f6365&oe=5C95DA11
    47260418_206322700291990_1456535933921787904_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=25336fc874eb72e188e26e82742117c6&oe=5C6B5485
    Deocrating for XMAS, still hunting for more CC.XD
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited December 2018
    @lanlyn , Thank you...Patrick was a wonderful guy, stinks when death is so sudden...you're here one minute and gone the next. :cry:
    @Charlottesmom EDIT: My post was too quick this afternoon. I left out my response to what you said about Patrick. An untimely death always seems unfair. I hope Zach is doing ok.
    ___

I actually have been in my game for a couple of days--not working on the update I should be doing, but messing around with @CravenLestat's crypt. :#

I don't have time to share all the screenshots or story now, but here are a few teaser pics.

The dungeon crawler "volunteers." From Sunlit Tides: Maria Ernest and Keaunu Keilani. Both have the Adventurer trait and Lifetime Wishes related to exploring tombs.

RangNegXhpd3Mj1Ap7TdpOGuRG2biL7m0-_HG1slmOnq_SzAnpZ7QqLP5ZIFCdlw7eqGAuKunGoziEc-Ed5sKVr16Uo9jGUKl3RF1wM-JsNNGpGxVsjEo_YvPS-ZgiyYcpOzuyTNCpYkMCz_ZzCQGlSpMLl_6MLMn3dDCyT2HWYA5KQGqMVs0JPv_QAX_T402czLqiLonod6oyQTQuwhCfCRZ6k6RPvFgJRBFRPrO_DuwlRTB7NixAI7Dq8YGACFSUJp23XZ9qPWy3iQYIQlW3NZYtlJjgfissVLQmOHUCbxPT9d91sN6mhfZrH4VkDY1OGINRBgrQxwp927PdJ15oR1fhTsPGTTZtXj_baIqO7N_rGpGvj5jFUiwXtQ9Iclg6KqhJQKqcygIz1YUqo7GXiC4-0sV5b_8I7HyLJLhkws25Xh292Qv-2TTU3C7K9PjoDyp7psQI-UeMeZFPrrU9NpClOelwLxxmFcVIm2_846dTH0kVv8z5SvfeZ5vx5-CFiM1rXGoU44dgWyIHZbGXTQ6Z8hecS6fihJcf-7_9NovfzuwzNAVdarhn7FOvTWTDcO_qnXy2251Wn-2syvraEOAtv4Vb90_vQZMSAevh2Let3W8eyLfC-lS-dc5kGLMqhgCCgD1VV60K0mEs0-Cwow7g=w1568-h878-no

1Bd-nGJTQYy3Tva6apmCJrh7EZe0zOJ2FrPmAYrtIVxEmFstvJXM1RkzZjQMY0t9ndhDaySojCXYwH7tv9jYfhZy_A33OlDgRejTiFaLbQAICmIaDqkSS27g7LvXgEh4abRfcThA-WHy37KUdmGCL0TIDCYD6F1-gv-beAO6_Htjxv5NwCbbJzf_ZHTBUzAQSOCK4HiDxUXGV0NK3iQ20qblmxHmaEzOSROwY6_U_AZUKvBH0FM1emZTemcQjxgQGmd_3vU8V53arf_xoYS3hSZxxMJOmKUSsvT6sxE5-8bvLhxiUXiQxgN1TKu6Ghoe2pRjeRlcykWdYW7Z75AUGIth74Ffjejrdh_jxqdDzNguSGKibLF2yjVqIsjPFsbj7MQ8fekkAb7adiTyP0euUL3H10dqGVO6wr_3NzzNSx_BoqAJaRbGvRlreQQ_N5TsxjibG6FWg84FR1aBjevQZ_5yWAzSpRElb_Q7acj-kUoJjKb-OSj5xkpSOuZyLU_WUqfYI9XpufqE7VAj3VVHbRN1fq1CCDmakxjTR1Ny37lH_IRW53mBqoytHpodIJlK_OHq-fuyj2cPK09bgCol3FD3fUf9ZPhVrZuZgmdPE_k_4AwpdL5kxQGwq8Sjg-xVjHKeeuFYkLCbwJuqW8bvSOpSrA=w1568-h878-no

ftpR3lknnY_NHEH7YecK-WIzNMX3v6IUTBYBPQ5o7gr0kXPDgok8nwwOMfGRnGOIARr6iEbXBFSPxIgYWkSfk2rDPVbkUDlC2qDxboRQIU1ZKJW8xCmcsmgEzN0YbdrvxJVNMniaETRLVVXIhJ_LVlsRebje1877G_mwoyXamg-LDL_SWYJuogaG4O_Ofv8iRPlniAsLDeEmNDTF3jXR4ekAihCVANcRv_Yz-lOl8bHbH5SyQ9T1DeZfpa7UrBM8IYh19CneyMObyGIDFDOMvVAg-GB1mn-T1ykReO0CvSydedt5Xbsi3d1Tf1glnqjkr-pW9xJZztx-xM41aBoMOo-ApcpF3dI85QKRrC6EWXHZXagQ_hxT4lhGug2yyIkUR-eZJ88PwKmgoFM6tW1IxS3vRB7DWlyUTj_DQGtXCbMfNZd_4YaZW9QZDfy7Wu3bs0maLNGKmQetmti8JPE1RodMROeWiRbFBOO2DVZtHiklYGADDGKNc220Z8qkQvOOd5enOxs5ruF2pPDr7bq33i1ZF3MyBP3p86v9slfR_YWOiMv1nARvOAEPyGM8-5Y577utjxI_NFTHnLzNyhM3k7t_w-zKM0GQQHMkCKjlAeTTqCR2KkEIZu5o4SOWiq_tF8a6mOXg4zzEBRTD3R_eXDzHvw=w1568-h878-no

oTbHf6qKwnAiYkOSxGYlakeb-YRoEykHR7OrdSFQsDAh5azwqF4pn6Fhh6nInDD61aqniHUSQkzO8cJhRg8Xv_LmDIGpjXkqj1gxsmPtDgnRZSXPTKBH4OzkdxW9LaMCknKSvojC-RpVP9Fui2yOfIE4d9gF7fAFCLZOYy4aZ30uqY6qyQDL-TcYJc9naiSInOsZyZPQrUml2jQlnrur8xVwyPfWwIOgsVVMefA5AHSIHqKBwlws6camk0usmlxZWaAJoQsU9D6sg5yR1YyLwR5OGQjngRHzVv6zqEtLWi5pWR1Vk0hdy_KcQcL_9vCdkFJK019KMAnJOBBzxC6B8t7hGSp969YBkgHckmCaXPyyhLj1uk0VVU2kWX-e5ORHcGUa3mE-t713MsI2D8xPyVnnTBF7AHois3-SAqB2M6RlUd41Sn_OU_wCvJz0A2u6JpPOViOTq9Gwx4CWraJ_lQHaI58HibCv2n2LDPT895omXtpUuS2ZZiWARlu5lCXL3ATmGG-u2cuyagcnfrwDMg80-AqgaQ9HEHnI0UeMKKdLRBJrZzxBOfcaE0NPMhgALpS_PjXKTNfGTnAdmY9YkSqdoGFA23by-Q2bB0Vsd1tEYR0aDXaG8jquGapSkqp--pfRKgUPUeJZxelkK82ZKiuOYw=w1568-h878-no

CdB2ka1j5oRljXrujmpZfgJuAE2AbgJqjuRzRs-KCeth34-SGfjWfc-mQwg3SSwUcXacLYp3ftaK02gsCdKlUej0PjhBZdTnfj1ghf6X04BrTT5sYsnmb36USgsM_q-18gqqktHtIkfAO2QkyMhnrtSbNU3Dz4KHyGHgSVDPeO4wWblb_RFS5eTRQ1NsI0TxzBJOXUnrJxy8kS62NaTPwGNhNdlMlcGk4oapkkqN4uEOfCJjs4_m9ec_4_G0oG5eBe_OpirzyCViqdHCBKis-5zpubm-XFrNEvdq-qDMN5Nfo-TOLphoFWdFvmLk-GeP4nL5KK8lGYLMrRI3k_RkMpBIOoFKNo8eLJKC2bqUNyDxWIwtTbLPH9vgSFD6RGwBH9a3g3gV-98ffY9xRLfy7c2RsSBBk-Cl9dxPOZ86dOncR_dMm8IOCeGh-eIS1E23VY7a1y_C4IRuoqySA7VPDYRCq7KpPffaNjPtjGwHkWTVWdO_2eIH7sSOnHsdC0ZKxtBUnRmbyha09KW-6YCXAsqxWzBGIhQuVmrssX6Fl4tg9a9g8ND8s5S8sLzczgZLvoS536RiLhxTytsA_KXVpU6gMzwiD54yJBpZ7PsT-hEkD6aWcwqzs7oScIDTUCK5uuT1d5Wz3Kzk0ddL_wV1AOHbxw=w1568-h878-no
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @meerkattime,
    @lisasc360 Congrats to Nathan for learning to walk.
    The dog is an early bird.
    Lots of love letters!
    Thank you... :)
    Yup, he sure is an early bird doggy...lol
    hehehe, it sure is. The guys can't seem to get Lisa out of their minds or even the women can't get Donny out of theirs as well... :p
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    pg. 3179
    @emorrill Brrr I feel cold just looking at these Aurora Skies winter pics. I like Miriam already, she sounds like the type of person that would be hard to forget with her friendly and cheerful personality. The house looks lovely. I love all the wall decorations and you even put Christmas coloured curtains up. Is Scrooge the guy you were making earlier before in CAS that looked like Jesus? He sounds like a real bitter and miserable person. But to be fair, Miriam's head mustn't have been in the right place to forget her coat :lol: This guy puts a lot of effort into hating Christmas. Something must have happened to him to make his hate so strong. Haha Miriam is thinking the same thing. Pretty snow! The others obviously want nothing to do with Scrooge but Miriam is kind hearted enough to want to figure out his story and possibly help him. I can't wait to see what she's got planned and hopefully the other roomies join in to help Scrooge have a Christmas he won't forget :smile:
    @karritz It was funny how you had all the teens raking leaves outside in the hope that the zombie would bite one of them. Looks like it just wasn't meant to be. I hope you have fun with the Genie and thinking about what wishes you want to use :smile:
    @Springfairy556 Lynn looks beautiful with her hair tied back like that. Ryan's got heart eyes :love:. I thought Ryan was going to take her to the theatre for some private time lol. The springs are pretty at night. Awww that's so sweet! I'm so happy for them :smile:
    @Silverofdreams30 I would never have guessed that sim is Gobias Koffi lol. He looks cute, Xander too! Looks like Aurora might develop a crush for Xander. Jeromy seems happy enough dancing by himself.
    @meerkattime That mummy picked on the wrong girl, go Allie :lol:

pg. 3180
    @plushtrap_107 Hey there. How are you? :smile:
    @king_of_simcity7 Lauren's new clothes are nice. That one very sparkly bikini! :open_mouth:
    @PalmArrow She must have spent all day sleeping poor thing. At least she should be more than ready for her first day of school. I love the decor and colours in her bedroom. The cushions by her bed are cute and I love that ottoman. She's already starting to cook, smart girl. I hope she makes some good friends :smile:
    @mikezumi I know what you mean. Yesterday it either got up to 37 or 39, after all the cool weather we have been getting lately it was a bit of a shock to the system. This morning it was 32 degreess as I was driving to work so it looks like another hot day :frowning:
    @SydneyIsJoy Funny observation that Maribel is reading sheet music :lol: They're having such a romantic holiday and a wedding to top it off. I like Roseanne's wedding dress and the view from the arch is very pretty. I love the last picture, cute kiss :blush:
    @Brandontaylor Good luck with your new save :smile:
    @MoonandStars83 I imagine most sims dress in the dark :lol: I like the buns on Becky. Is that Iris in the purple dress?
    @lisasc360 Haha if you're not careful all Nathan will talk about is poo now. Scout's a good boy. How annoying of the mail lady to block the path to the mailbox when it's raining. Of course Lisa got a letter from Craven, the guy's a lost cause :lol:
    @Springfairy556 The lights look so pretty in the night. I'm kinda creeped out by the giant snowman wearing the top hat though :lol:.
    @lanlyn The cave really suits the aesthetic of Sunlit Tides. I wonder what Maria finds attractive about a Mummy lol. Oh no it seems that Keaunu got the curse :fearful:
    @coco,
    @lisasc360 Haha if you're not careful all Nathan will talk about is poo now. Scout's a good boy. How annoying of the mail lady to block the path to the mailbox when it's raining. Of course Lisa got a letter from Craven, the guy's a lost cause :lol:
    hehehe, yeah right since kids pick up on everything that the adults talk about...lol He sure is a good boy... :) Yeah that darn mail lady just didn't want Donny to get our mail... :rage: Yup, Craven has it bad for Lisa... :p
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Hi friends. :) Feedback to come later, but for now here is the (beginning of) the next chapter in my Christmas story. :blush:

An Aurora Skies Christmas Romance Tale

Chapter 2

The next day was December 1st. The beginning day of Miriam's plan.

Ciro anxiously paced around the room as he waited for Miriam to finished getting dressed upstairs. This is insane, he thought to himself. I can't let her do this. But she's always so determined when she sets her mind on something. How can I persuade her that this is a CRAZY idea and is a lost cause?

His head jolted up toward her direction when he heard light footsteps coming down the stairs. He blushed a little as she came towards him with that ever glowing smile of hers and wearing the attire that she was. She was dressed in a rather flattering Santa dress, wearing high green and white striped stockings. The black boots even added a nice, sexy touch. Why is she dressing like this again to see Scrooge McHodge?

It's as if Miriam read his mind. "I know, I know what you're thinking," she said. "It's a bit much, but I've gotta wear something festive and...a little appealing so that it gets his attention and he's willing to chat with me a bit you know?" She winked.

"I understand," Ciro expressed, wanting desperately to pull her in close so he could rub his hands up and down those perfectly formed curves. "But," he stopped himself, "I'm really worried about you doing this Miriam. This guy is dangerous and if anything should happen to you--"

46153781192_028377747d_c.jpg

Miriam placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "This is why I asked you to come with me," she assured. "And not just because I need your car," she chuckled. But when Ciro didn't smile back, she continued more seriously. "I know Hodge has the potential to be dangerous, I'm not stupid, but...something within me keeps nagging at me to do this. I feel like I need to do this. I want to do this. I feel so bad for him."
    "Your caring heart is admirable Miriam," Ciro said, "but--"
    "Besides, how can anyone get angry at someone for giving them a gift?" she asked, pulling out the small gift from her dress pocket to show.
    "Someone like him!" Ciro stressed.

Once again Miriam ran a comforting hand down his shoulder. "Don't worry Ciro, it's going to be ok. I can feel it. The man needs this and you know it."

32332378128_375bbb2d83_c.jpg

She continued. "And I'll be so charming he won't even be able to resist me."

46153780402_4096f49cb4_c.jpg

Upon hearing that, Ciro couldn't help but agree and smile as he found his eyes beginning to wander below her face onto something else.

"No doubt you will," he said, admiringly, then added sternly, "but if he so much as tries to hit you or worse, pulls out a gun on you, then you run and yell out for me and I'll be there in a flash!"

32332378758_cd25d4b7ea_c.jpg

Miriam smiled with a blush. "I love how sweet and protective you are Ciro."
    "I mean it Miriam."
    "I know, come here," she said, enveloping him in her arms. "Thank you. And thank you for helping me with this."

32332377268_0dde47dfc4_c.jpg

Ciro still felt uneasy sending her off to do this, even if he wouldn't be too far behind her.

46153779372_16f9649a9a_c.jpg

Earlier he strongly suggested going to the door with her, but Miriam felt that might be a little too intimidating for Mr. Hodge, so she figured it best that Ciro hide a few feet behind the trees with his car.

As they released each other from the hug, Ciro continued to hold Miriam for a bit. His heart was nearly pounding out of his chest and he couldn't help but say it. "You know I love you right?" he said while gazing into her eyes. "You're my best friend Miriam and I'd never want to lose you."

32332376578_8f5ac2b83e_c.jpg

Miriam didn't look as surprised as he'd hoped from his declaration, but she did blush. "Aww, of course I do," she sweetly replied. "And I love you too. But really Ciro don't worry. Everything will be fine. Let's just go and do this!" She grinned, shaking excitedly.
    Ciro nodded, and with that Miriam bolt out the door for the truck.

"You really should've kissed her," Angelica said from the desk, while scrolling through her Facebook page. "It was the perfect moment."

Ciro glanced over at her while expressing a deeply disappointed sigh.

It was about a 15 minute drive to Mr. Hodge's old abandoned warehouse of a home; the two friends probably would've arrived quicker if the roads hadn't been so slushy.

Once Ciro parked the truck beside the road, he and Miriam just sat and stared at the ramshackled old place in silence for a few seconds. He couldn't tell just how nervous Miriam was and how quickly she was debating with herself whether she really wanted to do this.

"We can always turn back," Ciro suggested.
    "I know," Miriam nodded, releasing a deep breath. "But I know that if I do that I will forever ask myself, 'What if?'"
    Ciro looked down, not knowing what to say.
    "No. I'll do it. I'm just giving him a simple gift. Easy enough right?"
    "I hope so."
    "You've got my back?"
    "Of course! I won't take my eyes off you!"
    "Good."

46153778662_6c02512023_c.jpg

Taking in another deep breath, Miriam released it as she said, "Okay. Let's do this!" and stepped out of the truck.

Deciding not to waste anymore time debating, she bolted towards the warehouse. Maybe saying a tiny little prayer as she did.

45286610935_a5d7a4d32d_c.jpg

Once she stood before the door, preparing to knock, she couldn't help noticing just how much this place reminded her of a creepy warehouse straight from a Simis King novel. She tried to control her shivers of fear, but at least they could be masked by the fact that it's cold outside.

Bravely she knocked on the slivering wood door.

It felt like the longest 30 seconds of her life, paired with light rustling sounds coming from within.

"Scrooge McHodge" flung the door open without any reservation and once he set eyes upon this rare guest, Miriam could see them widen a bit.

"What do you want?" he gruffed at her.
    "Umm, Hi!" Miriam greeted cheerfully, throwing out the biggest grin she could muster. "My name is Miriam Day and you are...?"
    Mr. Hodge just stared at her with a glare.

"Anyway," she went on, clasping her hands together behind her back to hide both shivers. "I'm here because it's officially the first day of the Holiday Season and," she shuddered as Mr. Hodge stepped out of his home to stand before her while shutting the door. "And...I was thinking of you and wanted to give you a gift." She reached for her dress pocket.

Suddenly, Mr. Hodge chuckled and said in a somewhat mocking tone, while pointing a finger, "Ha ha that's a good one girlie!"

44382160970_0dce4c486e_c.jpg

"You must be new in town right?" he asked.
    "Uhh...no. I've lived here for almost two years."
    That seemed to surprise Mr. Hodge a tad, but he shrugged it off and went on to say, "Then you very well know that I don't do Christmas so move along young lady..." and he turned for the door.
    "But Mr. Hodge," she beckoned. "You're forgetting my gift to you."
    "I don't do gifts either."
    "Oh come on...I know you'll really like it," she said in a babying tone of voice.

"I said I don't want your gift!" Mr. Hodge snapped. "Now leave!"

31260152677_1038cba3c4_c.jpg

"Ok," Miriam nonchalantly said while scratching her head. "But you see I feel like you're the kind of person who needs a little kindness in their life so...you may not like me stopping by, but I'm going to keep coming by, every single day until Christmas with a special gift for you."
    "What!?"
    "To show you that I care Mr. Hodge. Just think of me as your own personal Advent Calendar!" She smiled.

44382160480_f7745d067e_c.jpg

"I don't want your Christmas related gifts, or your care, and I don't want you stopping by here every day. Just leave me alone!"
    "Ok then," Miriam concluded, bending down towards the ground with the gift, "I'm just going to leave this right here and see you in the morning tomorrow."
    "No!" he cried in anger. "Don't you get it missy? I want you off my property and never come back! And if you do I'll call the police."

There was a quick pause as the two stared each other down.

31260152327_6ddaf221e8_c.jpg

"Then call them," Miriam said with a mischievous grin and ran off towards the truck. "Have a lovely December 1st Mr. Hodge," she called back. "See you tomorrow."

"Urrrgghh!" Mr. Hodge grumbled loudly, hoping she would hear, as he kicked her small present clear across the yard.

As he watched the gift fall into a deep drift of snow, he suddenly realized that once the snow melted he would have to see it again and...he didn't want that. He rolled his eyes as he headed over to fetch it. Better to just throw it away so it's gone for good, he thought.

Once he entered his warehouse home and stood before the trash bin, he stopped and studied the present a bit; pressing it every which way, trying to make a guess as to what it could be. Maybe I'll take a quick peek at what it is before I throw it away. His curiosity got the better of him. As he ripped off the paper, falling into the bin as he did, he discovered a nice cigar now resting between his fingers.

With pursed lips he stared at the gift and tried to remember the last time he had a good smoke with a cigar. He really couldn't recall.

With a shrug he thought, Guess I could use a smoke, but ONLY to help me remember the good old days...

Gotta stop the chapter here as I need to go back in game and get a few more pictures for the next part. :blush:

Hope you enjoyed! :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top