Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to bring back a vampire to life?

My sims girlfriend (not in my household :() was round my house, she got hungry and died on MY lot. I really need to bring her back to life, but i can't find a grave or anything. Also, I had a son and i don't know where he has went, this is a legacy disaster! do vampires even have graves? Its nowhere to be seen where she died, just some old newspapers LOL.

Comments

• SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited December 2010
    It might be a bug. Hopefully not. The grave should be there somewhere. When this happened in my game the grave was a nondescript little box. Hopefully it wasn't deleted accidentally. But if it was or just didn't appear have you tried going to the Graveyard, clicking on the mausoleum and managing the dead to retrieve the tombstone?
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • abid123abid123 Posts: 26
    edited December 2010
    ooh, i haven't done that yet, let me go see if it works. otherwise i'll die myself :(

ah man, I tried that and all i found was someone elses remains :(
  • janesimjanesim Posts: 18 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I was wondering about this too because in my game Wogan Hemlock died and turned into ashes/dirt and there was no tombstone, I had my sim clean up this mess which was the only interaction she had with ashes/dirt. I searched all over for a tombstone even had Morrigan move in with my sim just to see if it was in her inventory, but no luck I really wanted to bring him back.

he wasn't at the mossoleum either
    edited December 2010
    It was Renee Littler in my game. She died in the lobby while attending my sims' party. She did turn to ashes. There was a pile of dirt. But the Grim Reaper also came, she did the plead thing and the end result was one of those ugly box tombstones on my lot. The next night she started haunting the lobby with the glowy heart in her chest. Apparently ghosts don't use elevators.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited December 2010
    what I noticed....

When a sim dies on a different lot, the grave shows up and you have a few seconds to pick up the grave stone or it will disappear unless they are part of that household.
  • Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited December 2010
    Renee Littler died of starvation while I was fighting a fire in her home and after her ghost was remanded to the urn, the urn disappeared.

I was able to recover her grave stone from the Mausoleum and after bringing it home, Renee's vampiric ghost appeared and eventually stayed.

Ambrosia apparently isn't an option with vampiric ghosts and she continually ignored the ambrosia and retrieved plasma juice boxes out of the refrigerator instead.

I eventually retrieved her grave stone and am currently carrying it in inventory hoping that it prompts the "Oh My Ghost" challenge at the Science facility, but that may be another issue with Bridgeport as it's been quite some time without appearing.
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    edited December 2010
    Have you tried, "resetsim <first name> <last name>?"
    edited December 2010
    hmmm the problem is, she just turned to ashes. No grim reaper or anything. I was so dumb and 'saved & quit' lets hope reset sim works... i hope it works for the dead as well.

if this doesn't work, i don't know WHAT im going to do :(
    edited December 2010
    I eventually retrieved her grave stone and am currently carrying it in inventory hoping that it prompts the "Oh My Ghost" challenge at the Science facility, but that may be another issue with Bridgeport as it's been quite some time without appearing.

I don't think there is a problem with that opportunity in Bridgeport. I have gotten the "Oh My Ghost" opportunity in Bridgeport. My experience is that it is only triggered upon the death of a household member or family member.
    edited December 2010
    eh reset sim doesn't work :(

i might aswell start over again, but what happened with the toddler? it still shows up on my friend list, i think he's gone off with social services...
  • Master_SteerpikeMaster_Steerpike Posts: 266 Member
    edited December 2010
    abid123 wrote:
    hmmm the problem is, she just turned to ashes. No grim reaper or anything. I was so dumb and 'saved & quit' lets hope reset sim works... i hope it works for the dead as well.

if this doesn't work, i don't know WHAT im going to do :(

I had Beau Merrick turn to ashes (once), but I paused the game when the Grim Reaper showed up. I used the reset sim command and it did place him alive back at his home lot. I was later able to get Beau Merrick to move into the household I was playing.

If the vampire you are dealing with is one of the pre-packaged ones (and not a townie), then you can "start a new game" and then copy that sim to the bin and place them in your current game. If you need to re-establish friendships, then you can use cheats to re-establish friendships once the character is playable.
  • Kiralee1Kiralee1 Posts: 2
    edited March 2011
    Well, I had a vampire (teen) that died by fire while inventing, and when she died, there was a grave and ashes. I couldn't pick up the ashes, so I cleaned them up, but then I found out I could not pick up the grave either! I want to make her ghost part of my active household, but I do not know how without being able to pick up the grave! Please help :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :cry:
  • billiealishafoxbilliealishafox Posts: 189
    edited March 2011
    Even I've had the same problem!

Matthew Hamming, the famous 5-star celebrity got married to my Sim Chloe Hamming, who was a 4-star celebrity (now a 5-star celeb).
    On their wedding day, Chloe was pregnant and in labour and Matt tried to get his wife-to-be at the hospital but Chloe refused and had twin vampire (Matt and Chloe were vampires) boys Dylan and Edward Murphy (Chloe was not married).

Because of her Superstar Actress career and achieved film awards, Chloe was popular with nearly everyone in Bridgeport. So she invited all of her friends to come and see her wedding. Eventually, Miss Chloe Murphy became Mrs Chloe Hamming at Plasma 501 or Aquarius (I couldn't remember where they got married but I know they got married at a nightclub).

Days after the wedding, Matt was planning the honeymoon AND focusing on his film career while Chloe was secretly having romantic trysts with Devin Ashton. Matt learned of this and at first was angry with Chloe but suddenly, he forgave her because she promised she would kick Devin out of the house and ban him from coming over.

Paranoia suddenly got control of Matt and Chloe so they hired a butler for £1,200 simoleons to look after Dylan and Edward and also cook and clean. Matt and Chloe could suddenly rest and relax.

One day, Camilla Fortescue (the butler) decided that she didn't want to keep her job as a butler and lived at Cliff Cottage as a lodger - trying to keep the family happy and earning simoleons (by getting a job in the Film Career) for Chloe so she could go on the honeymoon with Matt.

As Matt and Chloe went on a romantic honeymoon in Champs Les Sims, France for 6 days, Camilla looked after the boys.

On the first day, Chloe was publicly disgraced (for the 3rd time) and tried to dispel the rumours with Matt and everyone in Champs Les Sims - they trusted her in the end and began complaining at the media that it was not true.

On the second day, Matt began to plan a nice day out in the French air by going to the art gallery (with Chloe) and they took pictures of sculptures and ancient art.

On the third day, Chloe wandered around the local shops buying books, relics, food and souvenirs they would take home to Camilla and the house.

On the fourth day, Matt focused on a passionate night - just him and Chloe making love to each other. :-o

But on the fifth day, tragedy struck - to both Chloe and Matt. Just as Matt was trying to get a carton of Plasma Juice, he died of starvation (he wasn't fast enough to survive) and Chloe became a widow AND was publicly disgraced about having a WooHoo with Matt. The rest of the honeymoon was horrible and Chloe felt lonely in the cold empty bed she shared with Matt at the base camp. :cry:

So on the last day, Chloe began looking for books to take home to her bookshelf when she met and befriend Noelle Saint James. They began talking about marriage, love, Matt's death, what's on TV, comparison between France and Bridgeport. Chloe didn't feel so lonely anymore.

When it was time for her to go back to Bridgeport alone, that's when my problem began - Matt's urn disappearing from Chloe's inventory. I tried to look and see if was in the graveyard in France and Bridgeport, it wasn't there, I tried to look in my family inventory, it wasn't there, I looked at everything at every angle and I couldn't find it so I can't give you any solutions unless you just -

* Try a cheat, probably (resetSim).

:wink: Hope I helped a little :D

• kimmie_bear1kimmie_bear1 Posts: 1 New Member
    This is a very old post, but if anyone else is having this problem.. I figured it out. I have a mod downloaded called MC Command Center. If that particular sim has a relationship to the other sim you are playing as..you click the ghosted sim, and it should have the MC option. Then it will have options, like the 'revive' option.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,281 Member
    edited December 2018
    This is a very old post, but if anyone else is having this problem.. I figured it out. I have a mod downloaded called MC Command Center. If that particular sim has a relationship to the other sim you are playing as..you click the ghosted sim, and it should have the MC option. Then it will have options, like the 'revive' option.

@kimmie_bear1, Just a heads up about this thread, this a Sims 3 thread about vampires, not Sims 4 as MC Command Center is a Sims 4 mod. The Sims 3 has the NRaas mods for their game... :)

Edit to say that you can post this helpful information over in The Sims 4 section for others to see... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ts4-pack-discussions
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    @lisasc360 said it best ^^ Closing thread here to limit further necroing.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top