Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Use Live Drag?

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    No - I tell them to clean up everything ... And then watch them do it.
    Yep, it can be wonky if you are not precise, like putting things under the trash can instead of in it because you didn't quite get the trash can selected when hovering before releasing the mouse button. Works totally fine once you get the hang of where you need to hover before dropping though.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    Yes - My Sims need not worry about cleaning up trash, dirty dishes, picking up pet poo or even remembering to put their food away.
    I use life drag most of the time, except when I want to roleplay. For example in challenges where you play housekeepers/janitors using life drag would defeat the purpose. Or sometimes a sims parent decides that their offspring needs a small reminder to follow the houserules, then the kids/teens have to do the dishes.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Meh - It doesn't really bother me either way.
    It varies. Mostly they clean up everything or I make them but sometimes I help them out if there is an overwhelming mess. Or I drag it to a room where it won't bother my pampered sim and make the unpampered sim clean it all up.
    egTcBMc.png
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Yes - My Sims need not worry about cleaning up trash, dirty dishes, picking up pet poo or even remembering to put their food away.
    Aside from saving time, I think I got into the habit of helping out my sims because of that electronic trash can that pays something like ten simoleons for each household member?
    I also like to see my families have their meals together so I usually bring out a dish from the fridge to the table and have one of my sims call everyone else to the meal. That method seems to work much more smoothly than having each sim take a turn at the fridge.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I like to watch my sims do the work but at times I help as well.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Sometimes I try to refrain from dragging plates and such, if I'm in the mood for playing in an "absolutely no cheating whatsoever" style. But generally I do just drag them to save time. I consider plate/trash/whatever dragging to be the most minor form of "cheating."
  • cactusflowercactusflower Posts: 31 Member
    Yeah, I use live drag most of the time because I don't like taking up Sim minutes with cleaning. If there are kids in the house that need badge points for Scouts I'll have them wash some of the plates or take out the trash, though.
    I always use it for toddlers because the high chair is absolutely cursed.
    This is hilarious, you're so right. I always drag the food over to the toddlers.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    For example, on one apartment my sims lived in, they would always walk all the way from the dining area, past the kitchen, past the gym, past 1 bathroom and into a bedroom down the hall to set empty plates on a nightstand....rather than setting them on the kitchen counter or in the dishwasher. When my sims lived there, I would use live drag to move the dishes back to the kitchen...
    This happens very often in my households! I've been so irritated by this in the past that sometimes I'll tell them to clean it themselves out of spite. It's like, you carried it half a mile away from me, now you get to wash it. :P

I wonder why some Sims will automatically clean their own plates when they're finished and some try to set them down. With Sims that have neither the slob nor neat trait it seems almost randomized.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,811 Member
    Sometimes. My sims mainly do all their cleaning up but I do use live drag occasionally.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @cactusflower I know the childhood traits of responsibility comes into play as well, even once they are adults and you can't see what they had gotten to (for determining if they will clean their plates). For sims that you brought straight into the game already as YA or older...I feel like the game must do some kind of randomization for this factor, or something.

You made me LOL about making them clean their own mess if they want to walk away like that, btw.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2018
    My sims clean up after themselves - in fact you have them do it enough and they do it automatically without you having to tell them eventually. About the only thing i do is after they cook something I will put the rest of the cooked dish in the fridge while they are eating. I also load some of their garden produce into the fridge. But everything else they do and usually on their own except for fixing broken stuff - I generally have to tell them to do that. Mine even clean their own tubs, sinks and mop floors without me having to tell them now - they are so used to being told to do those things. When they do it on their own they do it much faster also I notice. That I understand is the benefit of a smart technology game engine - they actually learn by doing it eventually. If you keep doing it for them they will learn that instead.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I forgot it was a feature tbh.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Honey, it's a drag to use Live Drag.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I do both. My sims and I are a team, we work together.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2018
    There is no point in a simulation game if nothing is simulated. If we just want to click and not make the Sim have to do what we have to do then it's no better than any little, cheap, casual, half animated game. I know it can get annoying and time consuming, but that's what made The Sims great..the simulation. If they represent 'life' then they should have to do what I have to do.

ETA: Two pet peeves, a trash bin that makes money. :s and ordering meds from a pc and never having to get off the butt. :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Usually depends on time/mood -- if my Sims are about to rush out the door for work then I'll take care of dragging leftovers to the refrigerator and dishes to the sink or dishwasher, or toys back to the toybox. And I'm always having to drag the Wabbit Tablet in my toddler's inventory so I can find it at need, and now I have to drag the sketch pad into my Sim's inventory as well (wish they'd automatically put it back in their inventory when done with it).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • TheWomanMonsterTheWomanMonster Posts: 49 Member
    Sometimes!
    Some of my Sims have more time on their hands than others do so they get to go through the motions of daily life. But other times I'm just a benevolent God in their lives.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,811 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    There is no point in a simulation game if nothing is simulated. If we just want to click and not make the Sim have to do what we have to do then it's no better than any little, cheap, casual, half animated game. I know it can get annoying and time consuming, but that's what made The Sims great..the simulation. If they represent 'life' then they should have to do what I have to do.

ETA: Two pet peeves, a trash bin that makes money. :s and ordering meds from a pc and never having to get off the butt. :s

But isn't that simulation of real life. I rarely visit my pharmacy for a refill of a medication I take daily. I order a 90 day supply online and have it mailed. I do wish sims had mail order for medications rather than just magically appearing in their inventory.

As for the trash can I never use it but maybe some think of it as being paid for recycling.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I get my sims to do it, but every now and then I'll do it myself if my sims are short on time for something, or if they're just being a bit stupid and not doing what they're supposed to.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    All my sims have the "neat" trait
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    For the most part, I direct my Sims to do everything. On the other hand, they needed a little help when they were kicking gnomes all over their lot on Harvestfest.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,464 Member
    I do use it when my Sims get too far behind in things. Plus, if I drag stuff to that special trash can, they get money for it. I use it for some extra cash, if you will.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I do. My sims are slobs. Even the ones with the neat trait. They all make their beds but can't be bothered to put a plate in a dishwasher or sink that's less than three feet from where they place it. So I'm a live dragger. I can't help myself :D
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    It's situational for me. I will sometimes use it on dishes like cakes or cookies that I don't want leftovers from instead of directing my sims to clean them up. My sims are generally good about keeping things clean.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    It's a mix of both for me. If the game is being glitchy or laggy, I often take matters into my own hands.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I feel like it would be cheating to do that. I prefer to have sims tend to their responsibilities. Maybe that’s why almost all of my sims born in-game are responsible.