Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Turner wrote: »
    That's interesting. I didn't know there were different variations of Shark Tank across the world. Places like UK, Netherlands, and Australia I believe it's called Dragon's Den. Places like Japan it's called Lion's Den.

This world is too massive for me. :lol: There's just so much going on, I find it overwhelming. So many people. So many countries and cultures and languages. I'm all for diversity but I can't keep up! :o

Imagine a caveman being teleported to today. :p They literally wouldn't believe it.

Awkward, I thought only Aus and the UK had Shark Tank XD

Lmao exactly, I thought the USA only had Shark Tank, that's why I was so surprised. Because obviously there's multiple variations of Survivor, The Voice, _____'s Got Talent, etc, but I thought Shark Tank was uniquely an American thing.

And I agree with the rest of you that Dragon's Den sounds cooler. :p Also got that alliteration.
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    That's interesting. I didn't know there were different variations of Shark Tank across the world. Places like UK, Netherlands, and Australia I believe it's called Dragon's Den. Places like Japan it's called Lion's Den.

This world is too massive for me. :lol: There's just so much going on, I find it overwhelming. So many people. So many countries and cultures and languages. I'm all for diversity but I can't keep up! :o

Imagine a caveman being teleported to today. :p They literally wouldn't believe it.

Just googled Dragon's Den. A show where people propose their business ideas to business people?
    Apparantly it was named Leeuwenkuil (Lion's Pit) in Belgium.

Even people from a century ago would already be like: "What in the name of the world has happened?!?!?!". :joy: So cavepeople... XD

You hadn't heard of it yourself? :o
    But yeah, that's exactly what it is. Up and coming entrepreneurs making deals with "venture capitalists" or some jargon like that.

Belgium is where The Mole started from, right?

True. Even a decade ago at this point. XD

Makes me seriously wonder what it's going to be like a century from now :hushed:
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member

Just googled Dragon's Den. A show where people propose their business ideas to business people?
    Apparantly it was named Leeuwenkuil (Lion's Pit) in Belgium.

Even people from a century ago would already be like: "What in the name of the world has happened?!?!?!". :joy: So cavepeople... XD

You hadn't heard of it yourself? :o
    But yeah, that's exactly what it is. Up and coming entrepreneurs making deals with "venture capitalists" or some jargon like that.

Belgium is where The Mole started from, right?

True. Even a decade ago at this point. XD

Makes me seriously wonder what it's going to be like a century from now :hushed:

No, or at least not that I can recall.

Yup, indeed. De Mol. Which got a reboot since 2016 after a 13 year hiatus. Haylo's seen a couple of seasons with subtitles. We discussed it on the thread.
    Evi Hanssen, from Widm 2019, has been a fan since the very first season. :) So it's really exciting to see her playing.

Exactly, progress is paced so fast these days XD We can only wonder, and hope they've invented time travel by then so they can jump back and invite us to the future. Like that Sims 3 Expansion Pack. lol
    Banner.png
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    HayloHusky wrote: »

Awkward, I thought only Aus and the UK had Shark Tank XD

Lmao exactly, I thought the USA only had Shark Tank, that's why I was so surprised. Because obviously there's multiple variations of Survivor, The Voice, _____'s Got Talent, etc, but I thought Shark Tank was uniquely an American thing.

And I agree with the rest of you that Dragon's Den sounds cooler. :p Also got that alliteration.

Yeah, I like Dragon's Den. I think DD sounds more fitting than Shark Tank based on the premise, Dragon's are known for hoarding gold so going into a den to ask people for money fits really well, Though I can see why they changed the name.

My fav Dragon is Debra or the Head Dragon as they call her, She's a lady of few words and lots of Icey stares. >:)

Speaking of shows I didn't know we shared, Seems like the US got its own version of Strictly Come Dancing as well (Though it's called Dancing with the Stars) you've even nicked Old Len! :D
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm not a fan of shark tank, but Dragons Den makes it sound so much cooler! Everytime I see the name shark tank I forget about the actual show and think it's the aquarium show xD
  • Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    Any update is better than no update at all! It's been a while, but here's more of the third week for Two Houses! Enjoy! :)
    Oh noes, Tybs why you go and nom your fellow Vul© Sims? D:D:D:

And what exactly is the thing in the garden? :o I wanna know.. though it's probably just everyone heading outside for no reason again I guess... :/

What if Diane started a TV show where she goes and reads from her favourite books? :)
    Banner.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It won't load on my phone sadly :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Oh noes, Tybs why you go and nom your fellow Vul© Sims? D:D:D:

And what exactly is the thing in the garden? :o I wanna know.. though it's probably just everyone heading outside for no reason again I guess... :/

What if Diane started a TV show where she goes and reads from her favourite books? :)

It was a very difficult decision for Tybs for sure :(

The thing in the garden...all will be revealed soon.

I would watch that show like crazy, it would be terrific and worth the watch for sure. Diane no doubt would have stunning stories to read and tell.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    It won't load on my phone sadly :(

Oh no :'(
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    I would watch that show like crazy, it would be terrific and worth the watch for sure. Diane no doubt would have stunning stories to read and tell.

Like "How to completely pwn Assassins and fellow Jetsetters", co-authored by Connie Mouskouri? ;)
    Banner.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Aww, its cool to see that Rebecca and Tybalt are Building up such a good friendship, I think Rebecca might have it with the Vul characters xD

Ben: I like you, Leroy.
    Leroy: I'm not gay, dude.
    Ben: No, no, no, you don't understand, I like like Grape.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :love:

Not to be biased or anything, but I think this week Rebecca dominates the good Looks, already in her costume she looked really good, but especially with her hair in a ponytail and styled like that, she looked really gorgeous <3 I wonder which Genius made her this pretty... :smirk:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    I must've missed the previous part, so here goes.

Leroy: Uh, no, the treasure was locked up.
    Mysti: But...you were the treasure, right? What with that body -
    Leroy: Uh, I sadly wasn't -
    Mysti: Boy, you're a snack.

:joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    YJB19299 wrote: »
    Aww, its cool to see that Rebecca and Tybalt are Building up such a good friendship, I think Rebecca might have it with the Vul characters xD

Not to be biased or anything, but I think this week Rebecca dominates the good Looks, already in her costume she looked really good, but especially with her hair in a ponytail and styled like that, she looked really gorgeous <3 I wonder which Genius made her this pretty... :smirk:

Rebecca and Tybs are definitely getting somewhere, and it’s funny she’s so close with Tristan too over in ZP...maybe she’s sees there’s something in Tybs/Tristan that is so similar...a creator, perhaps ;)

Yeah Ben and Grape are adorable :)

Rebecca does certainly look stunning this week, for sure, and I’d say in general you did such a spectacular job creating her. But the outfit she wears for the nomination ceremony, with the ponytail, is one of my favourites I’ve created for her. She suits it so much!
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    YJB19299 wrote: »

Rebecca and Tybs are definitely getting somewhere, and it’s funny she’s so close with Tristan too over in ZP...maybe she’s sees there’s something in Tybs/Tristan that is so similar...a creator, perhaps ;)

Yeah Ben and Grape are adorable :)

Rebecca does certainly look stunning this week, for sure, and I’d say in general you did such a spectacular job creating her. But the outfit she wears for the nomination ceremony, with the ponytail, is one of my favourites I’ve created for her. She suits it so much!

It's kinda ironic though that Tristan has vampiric roots and Tybalt is a Werewolf :lol: Though they both share their hair colour. As does Aaron.
    What does Rebecca have with brown-haired guys????? XD
    Banner.png
    You know how sometimes you make mistakes...I just left the game playing for about three Sim-days, and let me tell you, Skye got trapped outside somehow and almost died. Yep.

Everyone else was fine though.
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    I just got my 8 year anniversary badge XD Gee. Has it been that long?
    Sims 3's 6 months away from its 10th anniversary, come to think of it 🤔

Week 3 of Two Houses has ended! Enjoy!

Hopefully I can start work on the next week soon, we'll see. At least I've finally finished this week.
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Oof, RIP Ted :o

But nice Episode Overall <3
    Current Standings:

Still In:

House 1:

Tybalt
    Rebecca
    Marsha
    KT!
    Skye
    Adrian
    Carlito (Joining)

House 2:

Ben
    Grape
    Devra
    Diane
    Mysti
    Leroy

14th: Ted Pleasanton
    15th: Cassandra Classical
    16th: Beau Smart
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
    I still need to react as well.
    Banner.png
    Ted: Oh hello Beau! How have you been?
    Beau: Average, as usual.

Perfect answer

• lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    palkRzF.png

@Alleenmens - You are always one of the first to post our happy birthday messages. Somehow we forgot about you. We're so sorry. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a great day! <3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Happy Birthday Alleen!! <3

Sorry I did not say it yesterday, as soon as I saw beauty and the geek cancelled I forgot. :sweat_smile:
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    Thank you guys... :smiley: