Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Monthly is December 4th

Comments

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    Did she actually announce anything? Like other than the holiday items? Like a future GP/SP? Or hint to any?

No. Just that they're excited for the upcoming year.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I love the build/buy stuff. I like that some of it is plain so we can use it for non holiday decor. I especially like the modern "picnic" table. I'm thinking it would be great for a built in breakfast nook.

I never tried placing picnic tables against a wall. Does it work? Do sims slide in or it has to be accessible on both sides?
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yeti!!!!!!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    The yeti suit is just marvellous. I wonder if it could be a possible hint to a winter vacation world coming up. With ski lodges, skiing and snowboarding, ice sculpting etc.

Remember Betty Yeti from TS1?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Loved the build/buy items.

Kate said they were going to be quiet for the next 1 to 2 months with no streams so it sounds like it'll probably be at least February before we get a new pack.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I am so in love with the new male hair!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    The yeti costume is really fun. I like the clothes, especially the new female dress; it's quite versatile. Looking forward to using the two new recipes too. Looks like a fun little update :)
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    This is about what I was expecting. That's not a bad thing, I figured it would be a handful of free items. The last 15 months have been great for content for Sims 4 so free things instead of other paid content is not bad.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Can't wait to have these in my game! Those new cakes look so delicious! I want to reach into my screen and eat them!
  • Gasttozz12Gasttozz12 Posts: 3 New Member
    There's a new hair category for males.. :p
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Beyond disappointing that they couldn't be bothered to make just one new CAS item for toddlers. :/
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Gasttozz12 wrote: »
    There's a new hair category for males.. :p
    What? Body hair??

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    I love the build/buy stuff. I like that some of it is plain so we can use it for non holiday decor. I especially like the modern "picnic" table. I'm thinking it would be great for a built in breakfast nook.

I never tried placing picnic tables against a wall. Does it work? Do sims slide in or it has to be accessible on both sides?

They step into then due to the wooden bar at each end that holds up the benches.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The yeti suit is just marvellous. I wonder if it could be a possible hint to a winter vacation world coming up. With ski lodges, skiing and snowboarding, ice sculpting etc.

I hope it's a "hint" to a winter pack.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Beyond disappointing that they couldn't be bothered to make just one new CAS item for toddlers. :/
    > @alanmichael1 said:
    > Gasttozz12 wrote: »
    >
    > There's a new hair category for males.. :p
    >
    >
    >
    > What? Body hair??

It's not body hair it's a man bun category.I ain't able to post pictures here but you can find it on livestream replay( talking about SimsVIP replay on youtube ) and if you look closely at 8:49 you can see it.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Gasttozz12 wrote: »
    > @alanmichael1 said:
    > Gasttozz12 wrote: »
    >
    > There's a new hair category for males.. :p
    >
    >
    >
    > What? Body hair??

It's not body hair it's a man bun category.I ain't able to post pictures here but you can find it on livestream replay( talking about SimsVIP replay on youtube ) and if you look closely at 8:49 you can see it.

It's available for women too if you look closely! Do you think it's a hint?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    It could be anything..who knows?!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited December 2018
    If you missed the Maxis Montly here is the replay. Starts at 12:55.

Yeti Outfit comes in several colors. There is a brown color for Sasquatch.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

If that's true what a waste another useless costume over a active NPC which I guess does not matter because NPCs are not unique like in past games... Another year of them completely ignoring toddlers in the holiday patch I guess the adult female Sims just did not have enough clothing and hair compared to toddlers.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

If that's true what a waste another useless costume over a active NPC which I guess does not matter because NPCs are not unique like in past games... Another year of them completely ignoring toddlers in the holiday patch I guess the adult female Sims just did not have enough clothing and hair compared to toddlers.

Toddlers get holiday clothing if you have My First Pet Stuff and I think they did with Seasons.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    I was quite disappointed the we would not get any small gameplay items. I’d hope for jingle bells, more holiday outfits for toddlers, or even a new christmas channel.
    y'all got bread?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited December 2018
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

Toddlers get holiday clothing if you have My First Pet Stuff and I think they did with Seasons.
    But compared to adult females they have nothing which is why it is ridiculous that once again adult females get the majority of the free patch clothing when other gender/ages need it so much more.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Though I'm happy with the freebies (It looks amazing!) I'm just a little bit disappointed that there's no discussion/information on 2019 plan. It's the last Maxis Monthly for this year... They could just share it over here instead of organising the live stream. I'm not against it, but I would prefer if it's more informative..
    OID:- x4m1r4