Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim Reaper calls and ask for a date--accept or decline?

Yes, this happened to my Sim today. I accepted. My Sim wondered, "Is this a trap or is the Reaper genuinely interested in getting to know me?" Just curious...has anyone else had romantic encounters with old Grimmy? How did it play out?
P.S. Sim lived to tell the tale...at least this time...

Comments

• Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    That's hilarious. I've never had it happen. I'm pretty sure I would have declined. Although, on second thought, I probably wouldn't want to make the grim reaper mad.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    krenee77krenee77 Posts: 41 Member
    It was pretty amusing. My Sim gave him a rose (being fresh out of death flowers), and the Reaper was not impressed. My Sim is still waiting for a callback. :wink: I'm thinking I will see how far I can go with this. My Sim kind of goes for the dark and mysterious (ahem, devious) type.
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    I would totally accept just to see what happened...and have the story to tell after!
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Anything weird should be accepted and explored immediately! Unfortunately though, at least in my experience, The Grim Reaper has very little to offer as a romantic interest. At least in the realm of the living ...
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    krenee77 wrote: »
    Yes, this happened to my Sim today. I accepted. My Sim wondered, "Is this a trap or is the Reaper genuinely interested in getting to know me?" Just curious...has anyone else had romantic encounters with old Grimmy? How did it play out?
    P.S. Sim lived to tell the tale...at least this time...

Ha! It's a trap! :smile:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    The reaper asked my evil scientist lady on a date one time, but she had to decline because she was too busy starving her own clone to death in the basement pool room :'(

At least she got to see him anyway.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Fifinez wrote: »
    The reaper asked my evil scientist lady on a date one time, but she had to decline because she was too busy starving her own clone to death in the basement pool room :'(

The good stuff always happens to me when I can't leave the lot also :D
    Otherwise I would clear the calendar and accept that date in a heartbeat... just because.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Definitely accept! :D
  • Options
    Fifinez wrote: »

Sounds like a match made in...??? Too funny!
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Anything weird should be accepted and explored immediately!

This is excellent Simming advice in general. ^_^

I've never had the Grim Reaper ask anyone out. He did move into an apartment in my PS4 game. Made completing the Grilled Cheese Aspiration way easier--just stop on by and say hello.

Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I had it happen once. They went to the bar in Oasis Springs and hit off pretty good. He then creepily kept showing at my Sims home till I told him let's just be friends.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    This can happen? Wow I’m surprised that didn’t happen to my sim Kallie; she was best friends with the Grim Reaper her whole life.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited December 2018
    Decline, decline, decline. I've done it once, well more than once, but once with the same sim, and with the aid of mods, I was able to progress the relationship. The problem was the children looked absolutely abnormally hideous. I was able to cheat and get their faces to look normal at least, but their ears were extremely tiny, and it was not something I was able to ever fix. Everyone was stuck with longer hair, even if I wanted short hair on either the boys or girls, they all needed longer hair to cover those ears. To picture how small those ears were, just picture how small the noses were on those Sims 2 aliens. No matter how many generations had passed, those ears stuck, I couldn't breed the ears out.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Decline, decline, decline. I've done it once, well more than once, but once with the same sim, and with the aid of mods, I was able to progress the relationship. The problem was the children looked absolutely abnormally hideous. I was able to cheat and get their faces to look normal at least, but their ears were extremely tiny, and it was not something I was able to ever fix. Everyone was stuck with longer hair, even if I wanted short hair on either the boys or girls, they all needed longer hair to cover those ears. To picture how small those ears were, just picture how small the noses were on those Sims 2 aliens. No matter how many generations had passed, those ears stuck, I couldn't breed the ears out.

Well. That certainly answers some of my questions! I was hoping to progress to the "Woohoo" stage and make a Reaper, Jr., but Grimmy ignores my Sim now. Men, smh.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Two of my female sims in different saves have had a romatic relationship with Grimmy (using the cheat to get rid off his trait for woohooing and adding it back afterwards). All his offsprings seem to be generated randomly, each of them looks different, but I all of them are adorable.
  • Options
    Gagea wrote: »
    Two of my female sims in different saves have had a romatic relationship with Grimmy (using the cheat to get rid off his trait for woohooing and adding it back afterwards). All his offsprings seem to be generated randomly, each of them looks different, but I all of them are adorable.

And what cheat is this that you speak of? I'm intrigued.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I don't allow Grimmy in to my saves any more. Grimmy should NOT become some npc townie who frequents bars or retail establishments ( and makes messes on the floors)

• Options
    SimityPaigeSimityPaige Posts: 12 New Member
    i wish this would happen to me, sounds super fun. have never been able to make grimmy fall in love with me, though! x
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    That sounds like a very good story line! Always accept! I hope it happens to me and I get to play it out
  • Options
    My general Sim philosophy is to never be afraid to explore. One never knows what's what unless they try...and it certainly makes the Sim world way more fun.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    While I've had games where sims had a somewhat ongoing flirtation with Grim, my favorite was one where Grim played (solitary) horseshoes for hours and hours. There was something oddly compelling about watching The Grim Reaper chillin' out in the back yard, carefully aiming and releasing horseshoes, over and over. Never had it happen again...probably because I seldom take my sims to Granite Falls, which is about the only place in my game with a horseshoe pit (& is where this event occurred).

So, krenee77, your sim went on a date with Grim and thereafter he gave your sim the cut? The social one, I mean, not the one with his scythe. I suppose that's his thing; if he can't cut you one way, he cuts you the other. Yikes!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Tiarella wrote: »
    While I've had games where sims had a somewhat ongoing flirtation with Grim, my favorite was one where Grim played (solitary) horseshoes for hours and hours. There was something oddly compelling about watching The Grim Reaper chillin' out in the back yard, carefully aiming and releasing horseshoes, over and over. Never had it happen again...probably because I seldom take my sims to Granite Falls, which is about the only place in my game with a horseshoe pit (& is where this event occurred).

So, krenee77, your sim went on a date with Grim and thereafter he gave your sim the cut? The social one, I mean, not the one with his scythe. I suppose that's his thing; if he can't cut you one way, he cuts you the other. Yikes!

I love it when he hangs out for a while. I agree--watching Grimmy enjoy mundane activities is amusing. He even took out my garbage one time. What a nice guy.
    He actually asked my sim out on a date twice more since. I found that if my sim texts him while in the "flirty" mood, Grimmy responds favorably. Even so, getting him to linger long enough to build the relationship is tricky. I'm still working on it!
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Tiarella wrote: »

I love it when he hangs out for a while. I agree--watching Grimmy enjoy mundane activities is amusing. He even took out my garbage one time. What a nice guy.
    He actually asked my sim out on a date twice more since. I found that if my sim texts him while in the "flirty" mood, Grimmy responds favorably. Even so, getting him to linger long enough to build the relationship is tricky. I'm still working on it!

He did the laundry after the Sim he'd come to reap dropped it. He's quite useful around the house - he'd be a worthy catch for a marriage-minded Sim. I'm wondering what his traits are - and his aspiration. What does the Grim Reaper want out of life?
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I don't allow Grimmy in to my saves any more. Grimmy should NOT become some npc townie who frequents bars or retail establishments ( and makes messes on the floors)

This reminds me I had a retail store ince where Grimmy was a top customer 😂 he usually buys kitchen appliances.

Accept it. My Sim was friends with the grim Reaper as a child. He goes on and Find Vampires, talk to them until they burn into the sun, and once he done thst he will see his friend again. Quite a nice scenario I always did for that child. Now I just realized its quite dark, burning vampires to the sun just to see your friend... but yeah accept it, When someone days and you plead, grimmy will accept it, it happened when the father of the child grimmy friend to died. They never see each other again since seasons makes its so rainyy
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Gagea wrote: »

And what cheat is this that you speak of? I'm intrigued.

Sorry for the belated answer. The cheat is traits.remove_trait GrimReaper and traits.equip_trait GrimReaper