Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which classic objects would you like to see return?

Which classic objects would you like to see return in the Sims 4?

For me, it would have to be the object that came with Sims 2 Nightlife. It is the object in clubs in which a Sim goes inside (looks circular/orb like) and it spins them around; Sim has a chance of falling out and puking. Another one would be the aspiration reward item that allows the Sim to call forth the Grim Reaper to bring a Sim back; undead or alive.

Comments

• unmogunmog Posts: 54 Member
    Cars. Even if we can't drive them around anymore. Would still like to have one in a basement styled garage~
    moogle-gif-3.gif
  • PotbelijoPotbelijo Posts: 23 Member
    The bed that folds up in to a cupboard. Someone has it on their signature. Every time I see it, it makes me wish we could still get it. :)
  • atrainoratrainor Posts: 29 Member
    Spiral staircases, laptops, and landline phones!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Newspaper
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Vibrating heart bed from Sims 1 :D

Cars

Newspapers & magazines

Landline phones

Lounge Chairs

Ticket Machine from Sims 2 Open for Business that allows you to make anything (gyms, clubs, etc.) into a business
  • AlexaMichAlexaMich Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes spiral staircases!!!!!!
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    edited December 2018
    pool slides/floaties/lounge chairs

spiral stairs

bicycles, toddler walkers, skateboards -- even if sims can't go anywhere they can ride around the neighborhood for fun or do tricks at the park. Toddlers can explore the yard or even living room in walkers
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ticket machine is #1 for me. I had a blast building my fun park in sims 2 with it. Then landlines and OPTIONAL ( to purchase) cell phones.

Also photo booths.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    An obstacle course -- to go along with a reprisal of the military career.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • witchypiewitchypie Posts: 18 Member
    The Career Reward Bookshelf from Sims 2! I'd also like it in real life, ha!
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    Which classic objects would you like to see return in the Sims 4?

For me, it would have to be the object that came with Sims 2 Nightlife. It is the object in clubs in which a Sim goes inside (looks circular/orb like) and it spins them around; Sim has a chance of falling out and puking. Another one would be the aspiration reward item that allows the Sim to call forth the Grim Reaper to bring a Sim back; undead or alive.

I've seen this before in another thread:
    I was watching a video of someone playing Sims 2 and was given a fond view of their Sim spinning wildly within the night life required machine which sends you experiencing an astronaut style event for fun.

Now I have no clue what that machine is called but I remember going to the club and seeing it in the corner of the building and while sims danced and have fun, my sim would rattle their brains in that ball of metal and just like my thread about functions making a return, I wanted to bring light to the ITEMS from previous series of the sims that gave us joy.

This ball of dizziness held some of the highlights of my young simmer life, discovering new things and having my sim shake themselves into a state while dodging vampires and Mrs Crumplebottom (Lets not forget her).

Not only that but the hilarious kegs and such from Sims 2 and Sims 3 university! There's plenty more but I'm in a rush, so I'll just leave these two right here.

What items do you want back? What series of the sims do you want to see again via usable and fun items?

Sims 1, 2 or 3, it can be one of them or all of them!

Yes this is another nostalgia trip, but in that trip I was reminded of all the fun with these strange, frightening and crazy items.

Comment what you want below, discuss how they could be improved and updated and have fun.

The guru's claim to be hearing us, so lets get loud! (Respectful, but loud)

Have a good evening, Simmers! I'll see everyone later

That would be the Sims 2 Dance Sphere that came with Nightlife, that was a great machine, it would be cool to have that back again. :smile:

I'd still like to see that back as well. I'd really like to have the original Servo back from The Sims, the ones in TS2/3 were ok but I much preferred the original as an object rather than a playable sim:

Ce2cOpi.jpg
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2018
    The photo booth! (And photo booth WooHoo)
    original.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The old career/aspiration rewards from TS2, only revamped for TS4. They were such cool objects and it made it seem like it was really worth it to unlock them.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited December 2018
    AlexaMich wrote: »
    Yes spiral staircases!!!!!!

I loved the spiral staircases and of course vehicles too. I would love elevators and tubes back too for private dwellings. More traits and careers. The hideaway beds were fun too. I would love the photo booth too. Round and oval pools more options for hot tubs. Pool Tables, table tennis a bunch of cool arcade games options. I have sub-basements in Sims 3 just for fun things to do. More floors and subfloors in our builds. Being able to add ponds in our lots. I really loved being able to have a pond on a large lot. Speaking lots, more large lots 50 x 50 and 64 x 64 and large empty lots too for each world. With 3 I love that I can buy a large 64 x 64 lot that is empty and put a pond, an oval pool, on the lot have it have a ton of floors lots of trees a deck and so many more options. I miss not feeling the need to use mods and CC the most.

I have more to add to our list of demands lol

...but this is a good start for now.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    - Cars
    - Pool tables
    - Landlines
    - Pool slide
    - Diving board
    - Lounge chair
    - Volleyball net
    - Picnic basket
    - Inground hot tub
    - Military career reward obstacle course
    - Kids clubhouse
    - Changing table
    - Crib

This list could go on forever Sims 4 is just missing so much
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    I definitely miss spiral staircases and ladders the most. I also wish photobooths and lounge chairs would come back. The poolside always looks so awkward with a couple of small patio chairs.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited December 2018
    Another vote for spiral staircases as well.

More fireplaces, like that very 70's stone one from Sims 3 & that freestanding modernist style one from Sims ,1 2 & 3. Also chimneys with adjustable heights. I can't think of anywhere that the chimney top doesn't have to be higher than the roof peak. It's basic fire safety.

Microscopes, telescopes, arcade games and cupcake machines that don't take up a whole lot.

Vending machines

Bring back the Ikea set from Sims 2!

Mini wind turbine & solar panels like the free ones from Sims 3!

Small clutter sized radios/ipod docks you can anywhere put instead of those oversized ones. I like having a radio in every room ad its annyong that the smallest one takes up a whole side table. And I really don't like the look of the wall speakers. They belong in a club, not a house.

More clutter objects

Colour swatches for object sets that match! Why can't they manage that! Do their monitors need calibrating, or something? Who knew there were so many different shades of sludgy grey that looks like it should be white in the swatch?

And on that subject COMPLETE OBJECT SETS! I REALLY don't like sticking 4 or 5 different mismatched window & door styles on a house because EA couldn't match a small window, tall window, wide window, side door & front door. not to mention the bedroom suites...

And what's with all the ludicrously oversized objects in the game?
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Strollers from sims 3! Not classic enough?
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    hello simmers, good morning! I agree with atrainor and bixters, I miss the spiral staircases! and all the other suggestions they had mentioned I don't have sims1 or 2, but i'll look to see if I can find them. have a great day!
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    where can I find sims1 and sims 2 for the pc?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    The bed that folds up in to a cupboard. Someone has it on their signature. Every time I see it, it makes me wish we could still get it. :)

That used to be called a Murphy Bed in RL.

I would like that device back from Sims2 wherein if your Sims' needs have dropped dangerously low, they could hop in and voilà, all is better. You do have to make sure they are green or higher, however, or you could inadvertently kill your Sim … I used to save many a pregnant Sim using that.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited December 2018
    Patrice wrote: »
    where can I find sims1 and sims 2 for the pc?

Sims 1 is not on Origin, quite fiddly to get working and you need to use a cracked executable. Again you'll need to find an old copy somewhere like a charity shop, Goodwill (or your local equivalent) or eBay.

Corrections, Ignore what I said previously about Sims 2. You used to be able to get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, if you could prove you owned a copy of Sims2. However it looks like they stopped doing that in October. But that shouldn't stop a Sims 2 install from disk working.

EDIT: wrong about the UC, corrected that
    Post edited by WaytoomanyUIDs on
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    - Swimming in world waters
    - Babies being actual Sims and not just a piece of furniture
    - Create a style

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Nekomata19Nekomata19 Posts: 105 Member
    I'd love to see the Butter Churn, Igloos, and the Archery Range back from the Sims 1. Also, like someone said above, the Military Career reward. That was pretty cool.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Definitely the photo booth! Also would love to see the hammock, landlines, newspapers, laptops, the Elixir of Life (including the chance to backfire), the small telescopes, and the toymaking and robot-making stations!