Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - Episode 3

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul!

The SimGurus are getting ready to host the third episode of Maxis Monthly! Are you ready to watch it with us? Save the date on your calendar: Tuesday, December 4th, at 11AM PST. You can check when in your local time here.

Let's watch it together here on the forums!:

Edited: you couldn’t watch it live? Never too late!:
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    So it's over already? Twitch was glitching out for me so I didn't see anything other than a few new hairs. Is that all that's coming?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like the Yeti suit. Thought there was quite a bit coming free. I'm going to have to focus on cooking to make the new foods. Wonder what level your cook has to be to make that cake and roast?
    egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Winter Cake and Crown Roast. Yum!

4QopeNJ.png
  • Scarlett2kScarlett2k Posts: 183 Member
    I want one of those Sims cups she was using. WE WOULD PAY MONEY FOR SWAG. C'mon guys, make it happen. Either give it away profusely or let us buy Sims swag!
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I am having a really bad time trying to watch the video. Did they say when for the PC/Mac would they be releasing the holiday items?
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I am having a really bad time trying to watch the video. Did they say when for the PC/Mac would they be releasing the holiday items?

They said "soon (TM)", meaning they're not saying.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Does anyone have other pics of the CAS stuff? I only saw the tail end, but... A Yeti! Hooray for Fantastical holidays!
    #Team Occult
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    Why nothing for toddlers? They're always left out
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Love this little update and I'm in love with this picnic table!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Can't we ever get a pumpkin pie recipe for the game?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CerysWCerysW Posts: 16 Member
    it wont let me click on the link? is this happening to anyone else?
    rosemow wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Does anyone have other pics of the CAS stuff? I only saw the tail end, but... A Yeti! Hooray for Fantastical holidays!

Hello @LiELF
    This article has pictures of all the new items
    http://simscommunity.info/2018/12/04/the-sims-4-new-items-coming-soon-to-holiday-celebration-pack/

That's wonderful, thanks @rosemow , very helpful, as always. :)
    #Team Occult
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    I hope the update will also fix the celebrity walk and disgust reaction bugs!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I think the child sweater is darling and the fake fireplace facade could be quite useful in MCM builds.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Cool! Can't wait for the new recipes. I like the item descriptions. I've been reading those for years.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited December 2018
    The texures on these new recipes look surprisingly good. :o

I welcome all new recipes and finally a fireplace that's sim proof. Feels like they autonomously light one and majority of the time they set themselves on fire. :#

The male sweater does look real comfy and so does the slippers. Glad they're adding more freebies to the holiday pack. Honestly wasn't expecting that. Haha wouldn't be a Sims 4 game of there wasn't a ridiculous costume to boot. Makes me miss big foot from Sims 2.

YET, baffled that there wasn't anything for toddlers. Would still like to see a comfy sweater for them as well. With seasons this works very well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • OddlyLemmingOddlyLemming Posts: 8 New Member
    "Log Display LV-426"?? Are the aliens in TS4 about to get an unexpected (and fatal) upgrade?
  • AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    All of the home items are fantastic! I love the rustic holiday style they were leaning towards. Also the textures on the foods have improved quite a lot maybe they should revisit some old ones or continue to make new ones. :)
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I think all these items are gorgeous and I am excited to have them added to the game. Thank you Sims Team. I appreciate all your hard work very much.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    the new recipes looks wonderful! always glad to have another cake to bake. that layered female dress is really pretty as well. everything looks great. can't wait!
    6riwm5.png
  • SarahTheRedSarahTheRed Posts: 388 Member
    That picnic table looked great indoors. Also love the fake fireplace and the pretty pretty pretty cake!
    "Log Display LV-426"?? Are the aliens in TS4 about to get an unexpected (and fatal) upgrade?

Wait, what? Is there really an Aliens reference? Xenomorphs confirmed! (Lol, I wish!)
    #Team Occult
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    My first Maxis Monthly, and it was a lot of fun. Lots of fun goodies too! And anybody who had to Google LV-426 needs to turn in their Nerd Cred Card. I love the offhand references in the games.
    Now I want two mods: One to make a Yeti/Sasquatch randomly appear in Granite Falls, and one to make it possible to put a pet door in that Faux Fireplace. I would love to have my dogs come in to the house through that!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Yesyesyes holiday dishes I got hungry now, actually. Somebody on here predicted a holiday addition this patch, guess they saw it coming. It's the time of the year, after all.