Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with Pet Shop

Rflong7 made a world for me a few weeks ago and I am playing on it right now.
I saw that she put a pet shop in the map but I see no register in it, and I can't buy anything in it either.
I tried looking up the pet shop lot and it says it's for the limited edition for the Sims 3 Pets, and one other place said that it's no longer limited edition only, but I can't find it anywhere.
Is there a way to find the limited edition for purchase anywhere?
Or to get the pet shop somehow?
Sims 3 & 4 sim creator and lot builder.
I love my sims and my lots equally. :heart:

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I believe its limited edition.Someone uploaded it to the exchange
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5749746

But I'm not sure if it will work or not.But honestly, you're not missing much.You can't buy pets from it.Its basically just a consignment shop where you buy pet "themed" items.All of which can usually be found in buymode or with buydebug cheat.It shouldn't effect the gameplay much.
    Which world are you playing?
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited December 2018
    I had the pet store—Graham's Pet Swap Shop—added to my purchase history when I registered Pets in the spring, and I definitely bought the standard edition (from Steam). But the item doesn't have its own page, at least not that I could find in the store; there's no link in the purchase history entry either. I suppose you could try contacting EA customer support and asking that the store be added to your account, since it's no longer an exclusive item. I'm not sure whether that would be successful, though.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

The other issue is that the shop doesn't always install properly, or more specifically the register doesn't install. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the register to show in-game. But when it's installed, you can find it with buydebug on, specifically in build mode > community objects > misc.
  • HikariTenshihimeHikariTenshihime Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2018
    @Springfairy556
    Getting it from the Exchange would not work, I know it even without trying, because the world came with it, and it was missing the register, which enables the purchase of pets and items in that store.
    I'm playing the world called Elysium, by Rflong7. I requested her to make that world because I wanted to have all pack lots in the same map since default maps are too small for that.

@puzzlezaddict
    I was thinking about contacting EA support but wanted to ask about it here first.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @Springfairy556
    Getting it from the Exchange would not work, I know it even without trying, because the world came with it, and it was missing the register, which enables the purchase of pets and items in that store.

@puzzlezaddict
    I was thinking about contacting EA support but wanted to ask about it here first.

If you have the savvy seller items you could use it to buy pet related items from a savvy seller register whennused in combination with the mats, shelves or pedestals that come with it. The items come with the world Midnight Hollow. You get the toystore with the gold edition.
    @Karritz Oh, I do have that, just wasn't sure if that register would work. Does it automatically assign to sell pets?
    I have contacted EA support and got the lot now, thank you for your suggestions. <3