March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Battle of the bands game pack

Sims can form garage bands, basement bands, attic bands, and rock their neighbourhood.

Online, or using their phones, they can try to book a gig.

Once they start getting gigs, they can start to become famous... or infamous. If they're bad, they may be booed off the stage, if they're good, fans may throw flowers and lace underwear onto the stage.

Take a pic of your band, and use it to create merch: t-shirts, posters, cds. All of which can be sold from the merch table at gigs.

There are 5 levels your band can reach.

Level 1.
The newbie band: garage bands, basement bands, attic bands. Friends who get together to jam

Level 2.
Dive bar gig band: trying to get recognised, hoping to get signed. Have the ability to produce cds and t-shirts to sell at the band merch table

Level 3.
Local music heros: able to get more gigs than just in dive bars, even get compensated... a little, barely enough to put fuel into the band van. Able to sell cds, tshirts and stickers at the band merch table, also able to sign merch, if fans request it.

Level 4.
Who are those guys? touring band: can get gigs all over the place, but aren't yet well know. Likely to have flowers or lacy underwear thrown on stage by fans. Able to sell CDs, tshirts, stickers, and posters at the band merch table also able to sign merch, if fans request it. May get signed by label executive, or try to start own label.

Level 5.
On the cover of a magazine!: Everyone knows who you are, can get gigs anywhere, including at big gig park. May be harassed by fans and paparazzi in the street. Likely to have flowers or lacy underwear thrown on stage by fans. Able to sell multiple CDs, tshirts, stickers, and posters at the band merch table also able to sign merch, if fans request it. Might signed to a label, might start their own label. If signed to a label, the label will dictate style and gigs, failure to comply may result in a loss of royalties.

Instruments
DRUMS!!!! For making loud noises! How do you tell if the stage is level? The drool is coming out of both sides of the drummers mouth.
Bass guitar, cos you're addicted to bass.
Standing mini keyboard with attached microphone. Cos only a drummer sits around on stage, and sometimes singers want to play a tune.
Saxophone, for when you want saxy music
Tambourine, for singers to play, whether they be backup singers, or the guy at the front.
Hurdy Gurdy, for the Hurdy Gurdy man who wants to wind everyone up!

Music styles:
Rock
New Wave/Darkwave
Punk
Metal
Folk Rock
Blues
Glam Rock

New outfits, new hair styles, new makeup.

New venues:
Dive bars
Small gig park
Big Gig Park

And the ability to put a small or medium stage in other venues.

Small stage:
Barely big enough for a drum kit, and microphone, but you can squeeze in up to 2 other musicians

Medium stage:
Can fit drums, singer, and up to 4 other musicians or back up singers.

Big Gig Stage
Can fit drums, singer, and up to 6 other musicians or back up singers.

Rabid fans and paparazzi: The curse of fame.

Angry band instrument smashing! It's a thing. It's an expensive thing. Some bands even sign the debris, and sell it for charity.

Swing your guitar (or bass) like an axe!
61bf0bf1955896cb2981231ef046b53f.png

Break it well!

Use a mic stand to smash a keyboard!
giphy.gif

Those drums offended you! Kick them down!

Sony_image_transfer_02_0701339.jpg

What can you add to this?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    I'M WEEPING TEARS BECAUSE I LOVE ALL OF THIS. You have no idea how much band merch CC I have installed into my game, just to have a semblance of a metalhead presence in-game. I wish we had bands because imagine with the "Get Together" club system, we could have rival bands (like Megadeth vs Metallica). Oh the things I'd love to create. Especially teen bands!
    But I'd also tackle dark topics such as disorders and probably have a band leader—provided I have the fame system from "Get Famous" for them—starve to death. Life isn't beautiful as many paint it because there is an equilibrium of good and bad; ying and yang
    "Get Famous" was a missed opportunity to bring back bands and add venues from TS3 "Showtime".
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm really hoping for a music focused GP next year!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    We need more instrument so different kind of bands can be created! Like classical band, indie bands, etc
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,612 Member
    edited December 2018
    I want this. I was hoping it came with GF. I've been waiting forever for this.

We need to keep this thread alive!
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Yes to this! But don't forget the goth rock and metalcore (think Motionless in White, for example.)
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'd like the bottom level recording 'studio' to be a booth like this:

recordbooth04.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've wanted this back for a long while and having a lead singer is a must!

We need the platform tool back so we can build proper stages and proper venues
    Do you guys think they are going to make? It should've been in GF.

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'd like the bottom level recording 'studio' to be a booth like this:

recordbooth04.jpg

@Movotti That is a good idea. So it would be a public thing and they would have to pay to use it? Like a photo booth?
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    I need this
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Sims can form garage bands, basement bands, attic bands, and rock their neighbourhood.

Online, or using their phones, they can try to book a gig.

Once they start getting gigs, they can start to become famous... or infamous. If they're bad, they may be booed off the stage, if they're good, fans may throw flowers and lace underwear onto the stage.

Take a pic of your band, and use it to create merch: t-shirts, posters, cds. All of which can be sold from the merch table at gigs.

There are 5 levels your band can reach.

Level 1.
    The newbie band: garage bands, basement bands, attic bands. Friends who get together to jam

Level 2.
    Dive bar gig band: trying to get recognised, hoping to get signed. Have the ability to produce cds and t-shirts to sell at the band merch table

Level 3.
    Local music heros: able to get more gigs than just in dive bars, even get compensated... a little, barely enough to put fuel into the band van. Able to sell cds, tshirts and stickers at the band merch table, also able to sign merch, if fans request it.

Level 4.
    Who are those guys? touring band: can get gigs all over the place, but aren't yet well know. Likely to have flowers or lacy underwear thrown on stage by fans. Able to sell CDs, tshirts, stickers, and posters at the band merch table also able to sign merch, if fans request it. May get signed by label executive, or try to start own label.

Level 5.
    On the cover of a magazine!: Everyone knows who you are, can get gigs anywhere, including at big gig park. May be harassed by fans and paparazzi in the street. Likely to have flowers or lacy underwear thrown on stage by fans. Able to sell multiple CDs, tshirts, stickers, and posters at the band merch table also able to sign merch, if fans request it. Might signed to a label, might start their own label. If signed to a label, the label will dictate style and gigs, failure to comply may result in a loss of royalties.

Instruments
    DRUMS!!!! For making loud noises! How do you tell if the stage is level? The drool is coming out of both sides of the drummers mouth.
    Bass guitar, cos you're addicted to bass.
    Standing mini keyboard with attached microphone. Cos only a drummer sits around on stage, and sometimes singers want to play a tune.
    Saxophone, for when you want saxy music
    Tambourine, for singers to play, whether they be backup singers, or the guy at the front.
    Hurdy Gurdy, for the Hurdy Gurdy man who wants to wind everyone up!

Music styles:
    Rock
    New Wave/Darkwave
    Punk
    Metal
    Folk Rock
    Blues
    Glam Rock

New outfits, new hair styles, new makeup.

New venues:
    Dive bars
    Small gig park
    Big Gig Park

And the ability to put a small or medium stage in other venues.

Small stage:
    Barely big enough for a drum kit, and microphone, but you can squeeze in up to 2 other musicians

Medium stage:
    Can fit drums, singer, and up to 4 other musicians or back up singers.

Big Gig Stage
    Can fit drums, singer, and up to 6 other musicians or back up singers.

Rabid fans and paparazzi: The curse of fame.

Angry band instrument smashing! It's a thing. It's an expensive thing. Some bands even sign the debris, and sell it for charity.

Swing your guitar (or bass) like an axe!
    61bf0bf1955896cb2981231ef046b53f.png

Break it well!

Use a mic stand to smash a keyboard!
    giphy.gif

Those drums offended you! Kick them down!

Sony_image_transfer_02_0701339.jpg

What can you add to this?

All of this. We finally got a keyboard in game, but are still missing so much. This would be an epic pack. Teens could have garage band. You could have the option of doing it for the fame, or doing it for fun.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • MrPhillosiphtonMrPhillosiphton Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2019
    You could challenge sims for a music duel with banjos or other instruments.
    If any sim played a wrong tune, he/she loses.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTp9j0rHZTM
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    You could challenge sims for a music duel with banjos or other instruments.
    I like that idea!
    Should be able to duel against Grim to save a loved one.
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Teens could have garage band. You could have the option of doing it for the fame, or doing it for fun.
    Yep. It'd certainly add something more for teens
  • JodieOddie97JodieOddie97 Posts: 2 New Member
    A Battle of the Bands event would be pretty cool to go with this! Or a music festival to add to the other festivals we already have in the game. I feel like the bands idea would have been perfect in GF but to be fair there is so many interesting things that could be done with music and bands that I feel like it could easily be a GP. Great idea OP!
  • SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    Oh boi, I can't believe this still isn't a thing. Especially the lack of drums and bass guitars in the Sims 4 makes me die inside everyday.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited February 2019
    Yes to all of this and more. I want to make a sims band that sound like Finntroll...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGgc8WL3dfc
  • VinceDjansenVinceDjansen Posts: 87 Member
    I'd buy that gamepack right away.
    Include managers, producers, music studios in different sizes, fanclubs, backstage activities, choirs and backing vocals
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Besides all you listed I want full control over the band to be able to pick the members of the band who sings or plays what instrument which genre of music they play and most importantly no forced npcs with the option to switch out and play each member not only the singer.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"