Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• VolvenomVolvenom Posts: 61 Member
    edited November 2018
    Allears wrote: »
    @Volvenom While holding your brush, use shift+ control wheel on your mouse - you can now scroll through smaller and larger brushes. It will get quite small. (Thanks to The Sim Supply for your tutorial!)

Yes thank you, I saw the tutorial by simsupply, so I made this work, but the other option of setting the terrain height button just doesn't work. I don't know if it's me not understanding the buttons, not having the buttons or perhaps the language on my keyboard.

The option with / or the other one. It might actually be my keyboard because I don't know how the make the opposite one. I have tried alt, ctrl, shift, altGr, it simply doesn't work. Perhaps I should google my keyboard instead. SimSupply said something about brackets, isn't that [] ?
  • Danuta720Danuta720 Posts: 45 Member
    I just downloaded the update to the game - still the ceilings are gray!
    I am sorry that this error has not been repaired. :(
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    edited November 2018
    I have finished a build with as little EP stuff as possible for me. Gallery shows PETS EP but I can't find item. If you know what this is (see screenshot) please let me know. I have no clue. It is not a wall design. Thanks♥♥

Screenshot%203_zpssquduvgi.png

Ms Bry. I didn't know if you had seen this before but I knew you would be the person to ask. Maybe I am just overlooking the obvious. Thank you♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • ThingyChanThingyChan Posts: 26 Member
    Yesterday I was trying to make a house. That is basically two normal houses, connected at ground lvl with a corridor surrounded with a fence instead of a regular wall. However, when doing this, it automatically gave me a ceiling that I couldn't delete. How can you create a fence without it giving you a ceiling? I see people use fences all the time around the perimeter of the lot.
  • tenaciousb420tenaciousb420 Posts: 5 New Member
    I used to be able to put friezes of any size on any height wall by holding shift. This no longer seems to be the case unless there is a new way to do it that I haven't heard of. If intentional it is an unnecessary change for the worse in my opinion
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    Sorry I've been MIA, all - holiday was super busy and I haven't been able to catch up with everything yet! I'll be answering any questions here tomorrow.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Oh, and for any that haven't already figured it out, the technique for split leveling has changed quite a bit. I found a good tutorial that explains it here. :) And it might be one more day before I can respond here, sorry!
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Something else I discovered in the course of trying to catch up on my backlog of testing - in case anyone here doesn't already know, you can press SHIFT and use your mouse scroll wheel to select a smaller (down to the tile) size of terrain to manipulate.
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    I'm just wondering is this normal or not with the Llama head fence I have a few pictures to show what I mean on the first picture on the deck I have stairs and railings as you see the Llama head on the front are facing the correct way in the second picture at the back the Llama head is facing towards the door not like in the first picture is there away to fix this or is this normal how the Llama fences in the game

7iEDSfu.png0biWpy1.png
  • VolvenomVolvenom Posts: 61 Member
    ThingyChan wrote: »
    Yesterday I was trying to make a house. That is basically two normal houses, connected at ground lvl with a corridor surrounded with a fence instead of a regular wall. However, when doing this, it automatically gave me a ceiling that I couldn't delete. How can you create a fence without it giving you a ceiling? I see people use fences all the time around the perimeter of the lot.

You can put down the plattform without walls and put fence on that. It might just mean though that you have to remove both the ceiling and the floor. I had to do that once, removing it both from below and above.
  • sirjoeysirjoey Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I'm trying to make a roof where it is a diagonal room meeting a normal room and it's impossible to put roofs on without them clipping into each other, if someone has some ideas that would be great. I would share a screenshot but this site is so dumb you have to have been on it a while before you can post links to screenshots and plum.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    @sirjoey I have used a half-hipped roof to join a diagonal roof to a non-diagonal roof.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    I have a bug where Sims can't go into or leave a wall-less room under a roof. If the roof is over the room or is over an adjacent room but overhangs the outdoor room. Already tried it with no mods and reinstalled the entire game and still had the trouble. Shorten the eaves so there is no overhang and the Sims can go in and out. Add the overhand or a roof and the sim treats the overhang as if it's a wall and can't go past it.
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    So an interesting thing happened today. I was working on one of my builds, saved it and went to work on another build. When I came back to the build that I was originally working on.... all of my terrain paint has disappeared.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited December 2018
    Ok I had an issue with this back a few weeks ago since Get Famous came out and I thought it was only this one particular lot. A few weeks ago I created a build on the Affluista Mansion lot and the house is suppose to be facing Yuma Heights, which my build in build mode and game play does. I try to play a household on the lot and it won't allow the sim to even enter the home. But when i exited out and look at the map the house is facing the wrong direction. Today I was just trying to remodel Yuma Heights on the inside, not disrupting the actual build at all, but on the map it has been redirected after I just took items out of the home. So is this a bug issue or patch issue, because this is now the second lot to be manipulated on the map and won't allow it to be entered normally; and how many more lots have been affected at this point? Here is a picture of the map, but neither houses are actually facing those directions in game play or build mode.
    https://imgur.com/a/Dfoj2NJ
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @JC1979 that is interesting. The park in Oasis springs faces backwards for me most of the time but those two lots, I’ve not seen facing out.
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited December 2018
    @JojoMOMSTER I know and I have no idea what to do about it. I read that a couple other people on EA's site had some similar issues back in 2016 or something like that, and I think one person mentioned it happening after a new expansion coming out. But I'd really like it fixed instead of starting a new world, too committed to this current world to start over. So now I have two unusable lots so far...
  • ValveValve Posts: 2 New Member
    When I have a room, the roof still cuts through its walls. I have a screenshot in the link below. As I tried, the reason for this is that part of the room is surrounded by fences rather than full walls. But since I want to make a open air on the second floor, full wall doesn't look good.

My suggestion is the consider all room as a full room, whether it's surrounded by full wall or not, with or without floor or ceiling.

photos.app.goo.gl/qhkkGF1Uwjpf5GaV8
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    I have a weird bug with the stairs in my latest built.
    While playtesting I noticed that I could walk up the stairs to enter the house but not walk back down the stairs. (see gif below).
    It's a three tile wide stair. The left tile pushed the terrain up a little to make it even.

First I tried to solve the problem by making the landing terrain of the stairs even. But that still didn't do much.
    So I placed three single stairs, which seemed to work. The house can now be found here in the gallery, in case anyone wants to try

QuWNTJe.gif
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    @BryonyRae Ms Bry, Do you or anyone know why it is snowing in my covered greenhouse?

https://imgur.com/a/UPV9rjE
    @BryonyRae Ms Bry, would or anyone know why it is snowing in my covered greenhouse?

https://imgur.com/a/UPV9rjE
    @gmcrozier I had my terrain paint robbed as well, I don't think I worked on another build in between but just exited and came back. Having carefully counted all my squares and put walls and decking as paint stencils before adding anything it was a bit annoying..
  • Megan_Sue19Megan_Sue19 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is gonna be a long one! I'm having trouble with resizing my windows. I wouldn't say I copy people's home designs but it gives me a general idea of what I want. So when I'm not able to find a window that matches I go for the one that best matches it. I love the fact you can resize things but my windows wont act like windows after being resized and when I resize it, it overlaps into the second story. There should size options. I like that you can freely place things to but windows cant be freely placed horizontally, only vertically. It would be awesome for that to be added. At the end of the day it's still one of my favorite games. I wish more hair colors were available also.
  • Megan_Sue19Megan_Sue19 Posts: 3 New Member
    And more stair options would be awesome. Sectionals should be added. Recliners too. Daybeds. Consoles should have access to the same content that PC would have. I wouldn't even mind paying for it. Complete control over our creations:
    Size
    Color
    Placement (horizontal and vertical)
    Shape
    Furniture style
    Bed sets
    Throw blankets
    Pets
    Built in shelves
    Window nooks

Consoles shouldn't be left out. DLCs aren't enough.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Someone found a way to build L-shaped stairs but it looks more like clever use of game mechanics and borderline exploiting the engine to get it done. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953309/i-put-l-shaped-stairs-next-to-wall#latest
    Just give us half wall rooms and let us decide the hight of each room instead of enforcing one hight per lot.