Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island GP Preferred Feature

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Swimmable Oceans - Beaches which allow a sim to swim, surf, and snorkel
    Without a swimmable ocean and surfing a tropical pack is useless to me so I'd want them to focus on these features.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I need there to be swimming oceans, scubing diving might work for me. But definitely has to have ocean activities.

I really really want hotels we control, but I think that won’t come in a game pack unless it’s the focus, maybe if tropical vacations is an EP.

I would also lbe happy if we just had hotels we didn’t control in a tropical GP instead of rental houses. Just to change it up.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Scuba Diving - Like the jungle in Jungle Adventure but underwater
    Scuba diving bc underwater landscapes in TS4 would look INCREDIBLE. The cartoony style gives opportunities to include fantasy-like scenery, atmospheric dive spots with different shades of water, backdrops etc. and ahhhh I'm all excited about it!

Also, if sims can scuba dive, obviously they'd also have to be able to swim in the ocean generally, so it's a two-in-one.

I do want the tropical pack to be an EP, though. I hope it is a jam-packed, amazing expansion with all of these features.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited October 2018
    Owning a Hotel - Design, build, and run everything from a small B&B to a resort
    I'd rather ocean swimming be patched in. I had a hard time choosing between hotels and scuba diving, but chose hotels because I'd love to have more getaway options for sims. Hopefully we'd be able to have hotels in any world.
    I'd love a tropical pack, but it would also be interesting to see a non-tropical beach pack.
    The Oregon coast:
    2qjlg78.jpgwvsaxy.jpg3309uuu.jpg14scyh.jpg
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Ack, so hard! I want all of it, lol! :lol:

Even though I’m a huge mermaid lover, I think the highest priority for me in a tropical island pack is getting the swimmable oceans. If we get swimmable oceans, then the mermaid lifestate is sure to follow. :smile:

I also like the option for owning hotels, like in Sims 3’s Island Paradise Pack.

Basically, I pretty much want an Island Paradise Pack again, haha. :wink:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited November 2018
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'd prefer for it to not be tropical at all.

You're right, it wouldn't necessarily have to be tropical. It could be fun to try a different beach location to make it different from the sims 3. I'd be down for that.
    If they choose to focus on scuba diving, the Sim's version of the Great Barrier Reef would be an excellent choice.

While that would be interesting and lovely, I still would like a colorful tropical island-looking location at some point in the series, though. :smile: (Though Jungle Adventures does sort of have some of the jungle feel from my birth island already.)
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I am hoping we can open a resort again along with ocean swimming and diving and surfing.
    The new pond feature worries me as much as it excites me.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    swimming in all oceans. including being able to take a dip and jump into the ocean around the city. maybe they might get sick, for a few days afterwards. and their hygiene will stay low for a few days, but when they swim in the oceans in the cleaner country side towns, there hygiene goes up and they don't get sick. but definitely all oceans. with the chance or them finding things, in the city maybe a discarded chair or side board, /chest of drawers, or an old washing machine, things that have been dumped. that can with handiness skill be mended, and up cycled and can be used again, and in cleaner oceans, I don't know what people would dump in the cleaner towns. along with this would be the ability to up cycle cheap beds.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I voted for swimmable ocean's because it seemed like I would get most use out of it. Exploring the jungle wasn't super interesting, so I probably wouldn't want it to continue in the form of scuba diving. I don't generally play the career/business side so no huge interest in owning a hotel. Mermaids interest me, but I'm not sure how they would fit my rotational play... it seems to me like they would be isolated from other sims. Overall I think swimming is a must to be introduced at one point.
  • SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Mermaids - A new life state fully fleshed out like vampires
    I would love everything
  • lushlifesimlylushlifesimly Posts: 3 New Member
    Imagine how cool it would be if surfing worked like fishing, there would be surf spots all over the island, some with better waves than others and when your surfing level goes up youll be able to surf at the more difficult spots. Different boards that have effect on how quick your sim learns. They could do beach clean ups and have this whole surf bro culture around the town, with townies walking on bare feat, have surf competitions, etc. They can go surfing together after work, have a bbq and yoga at the beach. Beach houses like in Malibu... spot whales from time to time!! I would love a less tropical world but more like Cape Town beaches or Australia. Still warm and such but not like the carribean. Really that small seaside town vibe, where everyone knows each other and ride bikes and just chill... Gosh so many ideas!!
  • TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    I like the idea of running my own hotel, I wouldn't want to hire employees to work there though as they'd probably be useless but having the family run a BB would be quite cool. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I'm trying to think of if snorkling and surfing could be reused in another activity like they did with ice/roller skating. Any ideas? :) Snowboarding does come to my mind, but it seems like that would require some flips too and wouldn't fit in the same pack.
  • CarzeebearCarzeebear Posts: 17 Member
    I'd love surfing and snorkeling. I think swimmable beaches are an absolute must for a beach pack
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Other - Motor Boats & Houseboats
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Mermaids would be fun to play but I'd also like the swimmable oceans too.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited December 2018
    I chose owning a hotel bcs to me that one feels like the most immersive one. Designing a hotel seems fun in itself, running it would be great (especially if you can have hotels in other worlds and own a chain of them), and then have sims from your other households stay in a hotel you designed.
    Though I must say, scuba diving was a very tempting option.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Mermaids please! I NEED more occults in sims 4. QwQ
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    to be honest as a player I would prefer to see this as a full fledge expansionpack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Mermaids an swimmable oceans! Though Houseboats would be a nice addition, along with cruise ships you can send your sims on!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Other - Please leave a comment
    I don't want to own a hotel, I just want my families to be able to stay in one.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Mermaids are the only tropical thing I'm remotely interested in, though there are other occults I want more. I'm not someone who really cares to take Sims swimming in my game as there isn't much to do; it feels very static to me. I can't imagine I'd invest in a tropical island pack just because it's so far from my gameplay style, but mermaids would certainly at least pique my interest.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Swimming in the Ocean is probably number one but I would also like to see hotels for my sims to stay in instead of rental lots, suntanning, scuba diving.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Other - Please leave a comment
    I need houseboats back.
  • AlexCroft93AlexCroft93 Posts: 22 Member
    Swimmable oceans, hotels, vacations, egypt