Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the best part about Sims?

DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
Another poll coming your way!

Rules
  1. Select the option you find most to your liking
  2. If you choose "Something else", add a comment and tell me about it!
  3. Have fun and be mindful of others when commenting! :):):)

What's the best part about Sims? 62 votes

Creating sims
27%
SuicidalSpidersPrincess_07xannaliese39Kelvingameplay9098xLunaSimsxCrafty_AshtontoAshton22CharliecheesenurgersladynightEliGrangerSimmerfiremixtapeAriaMad2ShadowRayne99amelianelsonsofiasevillawildflutterby 17 votes
Building places
8%
Paryalanmichael1shnailehSylvereFurryModSpinel 5 votes
The community of players
3%
ArchivistAmandèle 2 votes
The challenges (Hashtag challenges)
1%
saarlandbabe2 1 vote
Maxis favorites
0%
Expansion packs/stuff packs
9%
HarryJacko10lenorcathatsnotswegRememberJoyflowerceremonyPatrice 6 votes
Something else...
25%
HejixJoAnne65Karababy52BreazonagabriellecomicsforlifeBusufuNikkei_SimmerlazyjuniperLyouflnastera00GamingTweetyEvie0602citysimmerx4m1r4Hatchet_Face_Pride 16 votes
Creating famous people/places from real life
1%
poeticlandmermaid 1 vote
Careers
0%
Family Trees
22%
cchant86orangehippogriffmintycupcakeMiguelDiogoCaityCupcakes10pinneduphairsoko37DriggerSassycotton0xx_Simmer_xx0DuendeGxbbyCatSimsandraSad_cat89 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    The community of players
    I wanted to choose "creating Sims," but I chose "the community of players" instead because I've been playing WoW again, and every time I play any testosterone-fueled, degenerate-infested multiplayer game for a significant enough period of time (4 minutes usually), I miss the Sims community and how most Simmers are kind and supportive of each other.

This article was even written about the niceness of Simmers: https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/2/17929464/maxis-monthly-live-stream-sims-community
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • Options
    Family Trees
    @Archivist I totally get that! I preordered the BFA and quit playing again before it released because I was done with the trade chat and guild immaturity. The players here seem to be very constructively kind when they comment!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Something else...
    I learnt something new from playing the Sims. It's just something that some people could find that it's normal, but it amused me.. For example, when I was young, I learnt how to build houses and manage a life from TS1. For TS2, I remembered that I learnt about the Uni's life and introduced me to a lot of cool college rock songs..TS3 shows me that open world is cool! Somehow, TS4 taught me about parenting (I'm not married yet, and obviously no kids, but nephews). Although, it shouldn't be put into practise IRL. :D But, it does amuse me.. So for me personally, the best part of the Sims is the aspect where I could learn something new.. be it a culture, interaction, architecture, etc.. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Something else...
    I just really enjoy making a sim I really like and watching them live there life
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Creating sims
    I just love the feeling of accomplishment I get from controlling my sims and letting them lead happy lives. I’ve had a real tough year, but I always feel joy checking in and seeing how everyone’s doing. It’s like the entire community that I’ve made on my main save are all my friends.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    ShadowRayne99ShadowRayne99 Posts: 3 New Member
    Creating sims
    I absolutely love creating sims more then I do actual gameplay. But I love playing too.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Something else...
    I can't pick just one thing that's the best part of the Sims because to me, it all goes hand-in-hand to make an enjoyable game. There are several things on your list that I enjoy doing the most though, such as; building places, doing challenges, creating Sims, the community and playing with certain EPs, GPs, SPs. I'd also add one more option to your list; writing stories. Many, many Simmers enjoy writing stories for their Sims, even if just a background for them that's never publicly published.

If you twisted my arm and made me pick one, for nostalgia's sake since it was the very reason I started playing Sims in the first place, I'd choose building. I didn't select that though because it's not the one best part of the Sims to me as explained above. I think it's just generally how the game helps to enable my creative side to let loose, take wing and fly is what I love the very best!

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    Family Trees
    @AriaMad2 Sims is a great place to work out the tough stuff! Keep your chin up and keep looking up <3:)
  • Options
    Family Trees
    @Karababy52 I would have added more but 10 slots is the max :D I do like a lot of the stories people come up with, even though some seem a little forced or out there... I have a few that I play as if I were reading a book, the Kings on my profile pic being one of them. I like that you said its how the game opens up your creative side. I am a published author in my spare time and I do use sims to help shake my thoughts loose, so I get what you're saying!
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Something else...
    mix of CAS, gameplay and storytelling and of course the community.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Something else...
    Storytelling is my favorite thing, creatingsims is a close secomd
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    Hatchet_Face_PrideHatchet_Face_Pride Posts: 2,096 Member
    Something else...
    My favorite thing about The Sims (all the way back to TS1) is the flexibility the game has to do Whatever You Like.
    You can make the sim(s) you want, the house you want, or the complete lack of house(the ol' stuff on a lawn design) and to an extent, the pets you want. I personally have a neighborhood for every way I could want to play, and not every game has those kind of capabilities.
    Sure you get a lecture or negative consequences if you intentionally play to torture your sims, but the game still lets you DO it. It's YOUR ballgame.
    rjsWAWi.jpg?1
  • Options
    astera00astera00 Posts: 267 Member
    edited November 2018
    Something else...
    I chose something else because I couldn't choose two. It's just the creation aspect of the game I love. Doesn't matter if I'm creating new sims (always create them in CAS) or building rooms and houses, as long as I'm creating something. That's why I like as much variety as possible to be available to me in the game in swatches, sliders, items etc. etc. When new packs come out, often the first things that'll help me decide whether to get it or not is the new build and CAS items included. New gameplay rarely plays a part in the decision unless it's something I really, really want.
    Post edited by astera00 on
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Creating sims
    Definitely creating Sims. It's just fun to create the ideal person I'd want to hang out with. I seriously need a social life again.
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Family Trees
    For me the best thing is having enormous, messed up family trees. Most of my sims have babies with different partners, so everyone is tied to everyone in some way.
  • Options
    sofiasevillasofiasevilla Posts: 114 Member
    Creating sims
    I'm between creating sims or building, ughhhh

Treat people with kindness.
    Origin ID: AnaGS03
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Something else...
    Playing the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Something else...
    Being creative and using your imagination! :)
  • Options
    gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    Something else...
    It's a way to escape for me :)
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited November 2018
    Something else...
    Archivist wrote: »
    I wanted to choose "creating Sims," but I chose "the community of players" instead because I've been playing WoW again, and every time I play any testosterone-fueled, degenerate-infested multiplayer game for a significant enough period of time (4 minutes usually), I miss the Sims community and how most Simmers are kind and supportive of each other.

This article was even written about the niceness of Simmers: https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/2/17929464/maxis-monthly-live-stream-sims-community

@Archivist, Then there's ME (bold describes me to a tee) playing Sims 3. :mrgreen:

Screenshot-161.jpg
    One meteor...

Screenshot-165.jpg
    Lightning bolt.

Screenshot-172.jpg
    'nother meteor...

Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg
    Nuclear devastation. :mrgreen::D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    wildflutterbywildflutterby Posts: 41 Member
    Creating sims
    Creating sims and pets.
  • Options
    HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    Something else...
    Storytelling, silliness.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Creating sims
    My personal favourite would be creating sims but at the same time I really appreciate the vast platform the games (and the whole modding community!) provide for storytelling.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.